E-11 Blaster vendor

Subduedbeast

hey all, so ive been tryin to find a good blaster, i message praetorian and got no response, the only person ive been able to actually get to respond was the field marshall E-11 kits, and while these are beautiful, im looking for something a bit more budget friendly. ANH is the style im looking for any help is appreciated!

• Like 2

Hi Josh and welcome to the FISD.

Is the blaster meant for trooping or display only? (asking because of the weight, less weight is better for long trooping days)

Beside Praetorian there are other sources for rubber blasters, but these always turn out heavier than other kits.

Resin is better and 3D-printed kits are the light-weightiest on the market but require serious sanding.

• Like 2

Hey! And thank you! Hoping to be around a while, and trooping primarily, I’m a bigger guy so I’m not too much worried about the weight aspect of things. Not to mention my job usually requires me hauling around some weight for quite a bit, that being said I’ve heard a lot on how resin blasters tend to break easily, so I’ve kinda shied away from them. But being green as grass to this I’m willing and open to any experience and recommendations anyone has

On 11/6/2020 at 1:24 AM, T-Jay said:

Hi Josh and welcome to the FISD.

Is the blaster meant for trooping or display only? (asking because of the weight, less weight is better for long trooping days)

Beside Praetorian there are other sources for rubber blasters, but these always turn out heavier than other kits.

Resin is better and 3D-printed kits are the light-weightiest on the market but require serious sanding.

Do you have any recommendations?

Hi Josh and welcome to FISD.

looking at Praetorian FB page, it seems that they are having some issues due to Huracan's flood . You can check again for status update.

A 3d printed E11 I have seen is  this one

https://www.etsy.com/listing/192791479/star-wars-stormtrooper-e-11-blaster-prop?ref=user_profile

:salute:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Josh and welcome to FISD.

looking at Praetorian FB page, it seems that they are having some issues due to Huracan's flood . You can check again for status update.

A 3d printed E11 I have seen is  this one

https://www.etsy.com/listing/192791479/star-wars-stormtrooper-e-11-blaster-prop?ref=user_profile

:salute:

Ah that makes sense I appreciate that, and I’ll take a look thank you very much!

• Like 1

Another rubber E-11 option you might consider is the Hellhounds one. It is comparable to Praetorians, but actually features a metal scope rail and independent (though non-functioning) folding stock arm. When Trooperbay has E-11s in stock they are Hellhounds, at least in the past year. You can contact Daniel directly at the fb page linked below, and I've also included a link to my in-depth photo review of the Hellhounds vs. Praetorian vs. Hyperfirm. He has always been very responsive to me, and he also has a presence on IG.

https://www.facebook.com/hellhounds.props

Finally, remember that though rubber blasters are more expensive, they are also quite durable and might be safer for those moments when you turn your body and inadvertently bump a short child with your blaster. Cuz, you know, I can't see a thing in this helmet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2021 at 6:17 AM, cnsf said:

It seems like all these vendors are out of business.  Any other leads on a good trooping E-11 that doesn't break the bank?

I ended up using questdesigncanada on Etsy, I’ve seen lots of guys with his blasters and the communication between him and I have been fantastic. It’s taken a bit longer than originally expected but he’s kept me in the loop and I know exactly where it is currently. 10/10 would recommend

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Subduedbeast said:

I ended up using questdesigncanada on Etsy, I’ve seen lots of guys with his blasters and the communication between him and I have been fantastic. It’s taken a bit longer than originally expected but he’s kept me in the loop and I know exactly where it is currently. 10/10 would recommend

Thanks!  I reached out to Hellhounds and they are still shipping product, so I'll have to compare the two.

Very interested to see photos when these arrive, suppliers are dropping like flies over the last few years and it's been hard to find a reliable general priced product

• Like 1

I too am still looking for ANH E11 blaster that meets Centurion standards.  Unfortunately Doopydoos have been out of stock for quite some time, so is there anywhere else that I can purchase a trooping E11 that comes in a kit?  I had a look and found this one:-

https://www.etsy.com/nz/listing/775750273/e11-blaster-hengstler-counter-a-new-hope?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=e11+blaster&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&organic_search_click=1&cns=1

But I want to explore other options as well.  It has to be in a kit  to assemble that allows overseas shipping.

• 2 weeks later...

So today was the day I finally got the blaster and it looks great! I’m gonna try to post the pictures up here, out of the box I know I’ll need to add a spring, and paint the bolt, I don’t think I’m gonna do much weathering as I feel as elite soldiers of the imperial army we should have pristine armor AND blasters ;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Subduedbeast said:

So today was the day I finally got the blaster and it looks great! I’m gonna try to post the pictures up here, out of the box I know I’ll need to add a spring, and paint the bolt, I don’t think I’m gonna do much weathering as I feel as elite soldiers of the imperial army we should have pristine armor AND blasters ;) 

Looking forward to seeing the photos

here they are! I'll try to take some better pictures later especially once I finish her up, but while I have everyone's attention, any recommendations on springs? or how to fashion one? and is there an outlined color for the bolt? I checked out the CRL but it didn't say much about it. Anyway.. enjoy the unboxing! TjPYJ6f.jpg