tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

Ok so I pulled my thighs up as much as they can go and still needed a little more clearance so I trimmed bottom of calf so sniper knee could be clear of being pushed by thigh. It already started developing 2 cracks on each side. So I am going to make some trusty abs paste from anovos scrap and patch that up then wet sand it a little bit.

7uMYtnX.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

This has been a never ending fix for me right here any longer lasting solutions out there?

Hi David, I had the same problem. What I did is to apply some hot water bath to bend forward the sniper knee, glued a piece of abs scrap behind each side  and use ABS paste to repair. As you said never ending fix with plastic. :56pullhair:

:salute:

• Like 3

@1nfern0 @TKSpartan so my buddy suggested taking a piece of white t shirt and soaking it in super glue and putting behind to reinforce that area. So I used abs paste first and followed his suggestion it really does feel solid. We will see how it holds up for 4th of July march.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

So my buddy suggested taking a piece of white t shirt and soaking it in super glue and putting behind to reinforce that area. So I used abs paste first and followed his suggestion it really does feel solid. We will see how it holds up for 4th of July march.

I've seen a similar method using fiberglass resin and T-shirt material, it's a neater way than using fiberglass matting.

Problem I find with a lot of super / instant glues is that they are not very strong, adding the T-shirt material may help.

There are other two pack glues which some of us use on our FOTK's, I use JB weld and some others use Devcon, there are of course others out there. The thing I like with JB weld is it's sandable and very strong when dry.

At the end of the day it's what ever works for you. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I've seen a similar method using fiberglass resin and T-shirt material, it's a neater way than using fiberglass matting.

Problem I find with a lot of super / instant glues is that they are not very strong, adding the T-shirt material may help.

There are other two pack glues which some of us use on our FOTK's, I use JB weld and some others use Devcon, there are of course others out there. The thing I like with JB weld is it's sandable and very strong when dry.

At the end of the day it's what ever works for you. 

Nice I have the jb weld stuff too I can use in case this doesn't work. Will definitely see after this parade march.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

q6c5dyX.mp4

For some reason this forum doesn't like using links to mp4's I found upload to Youtube then post the link.

Here is the full link to your video https://i.imgur.com/q6c5dyX.mp4

Doing the USA proud

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

For some reason this forum doesn't like using links to mp4's I found upload to Youtube then post the link.

Here is the full link to your video https://i.imgur.com/q6c5dyX.mp4

Doing the USA proud

oh man I just screenshot parts of the video too because I was thinking maybe cant upload videos. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post the update on sniper knee fix. Well the piece of t-shirt with super glue worked great. Didn't crack again and did a pretty long walk in parade. I am going to apply same method to my other build as well. OL03NbP.jpg

• Like 1