tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

Nice work so far, David!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to post up pics of the various pieces before you actually glue them.  The reason being is that once that is done, it can be difficult to make any changes that would help with fitting issues.

Never be shy about asking questions... the more the better!  We are not here judge, but to help every step of the way.  You obviously have posting photos down to a science, and since this is YOUR build thread always feel free to post as many pics as you can.  

Consider your build as a marathon and not a sprint.  Take... your.... time..., ask for advice whenever you are in doubt and know that we are here for ya'!

Just saw your other thread re: ear placement, David.  Although we prefer them to lay completely flat against the contours of the sides, as seen in the reference images below that just wasn't the case for many seen in the OT (Original Trilogy).  ANH was made on a budget, and apparently the prop masters were not too picky, lol.  Having some kind of gap is not the end of the world and actually sort of adds to their charm.

f44xnMl.jpg?1  12LE0DW.jpg?1  HwcQqcq.jpg?1

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Just saw your other thread re: ear placement, David.  Although we prefer them to lay completely flat against the contours of the sides, as seen in the reference images below that just wasn't the case for many seen in the OT (Original Trilogy).  ANH was made on a budget, and apparently the prop masters were not too picky, lol.  Having some kind of gap is not the end of the world and actually sort of adds to their charm.

f44xnMl.jpg?1  12LE0DW.jpg?1  HwcQqcq.jpg?1

Yea I seen this and I was like phew.my gap isnt that bad after all hahaha.wasnt sure if it had to hug tight onto the bucket or not.

46 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Nice work so far, David!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to post up pics of the various pieces before you actually glue them.  The reason being is that once that is done, it can be difficult to make any changes that would help with fitting issues.

Never be shy about asking questions... the more the better!  We are not here judge, but to help every step of the way.  You obviously have posting photos down to a science, and since this is YOUR build thread always feel free to post as many pics as you can.  

Consider your build as a marathon and not a sprint.  Take... your.... time..., ask for advice whenever you are in doubt and know that we are here for ya'!

I have been taking my time trimming sanding fitting back and forth back and forth making sure I dont take too much I cant get back.i jump from piece to piece to keep myself bizzy.thanks for checking me out brother.

Also when ever in doubt head to the Gallery Section, lots of great screen references there ;) 

• Like 1

One word of advice at this point:  PHOTOS, and lots of em'!  I have a few tutorials located at the bottom of my avatar below, but one that may help you the most is this one:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48335-quick-crl-reference-guide-for-your-ot-build-pics-notes-tips/

This will give you an idea of what not only to aim for but also what your GML (the person in your local Garrison/Squad who will approve you at Basic 501st approval) will be looking at once you get your armor finished.  Hopefully you will consider aiming for Expert Infantry and then Centurion with your build!  (Not as difficult as you may think)!

how can i bend the abs straps from back piece? they just like do a sharp turn right into my back.if i could somewhat arch them more would feel and look way better.or am i suppose to just pull them higher up my back with the strapping system.

QQdqEkV.jpg

5 minutes ago, Dolladolla916 said:

how can i bend the abs straps from back piece? they just like do a sharp turn right into my back.if i could somewhat arch them more would feel and look way better.or am i suppose to just pull them higher up my back with the strapping system.

QQdqEkV.jpg

Photo of you wearing the back pieces will help ;) 

Some references

WuSlZac.jpgEGLapEx.jpg

gallery_12157_59_68929.jpggallery_12157_59_12752.jpg

If you do need to modify the sides, some of us use heat guns for shaping ABS plastic BUT this comes after A LOT of practice, ABS plastic can go from soft to molten mess in the blink of an eye. Some have had success shaping pieces with a hot water bath

A few threads on heating armor

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Photo of you wearing the back pieces will help ;) 

Some references

WuSlZac.jpgEGLapEx.jpg

gallery_12157_59_68929.jpggallery_12157_59_12752.jpg

Yea I probably just have to pull straps tighter I'm thinking so it's up higher.my gf sucks at helping me put it on correctly.

• Like 1

thanks for the info im going to try a hot bath in my sink first to see if i can just bend the 2 abs straps upwards slightly.

Just remember, too, that the return edges (where the plastic bends to give the appearance of thickness) provide structure and will therefore limit the possible bending. If pieces with return edges are bent TOO far in one direction, the plastic can buckle, and too far in the other direction can result in cracking (as shown in one of Glen’s screen-used photos).

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms
  • Like 1

Looking good, holes could be closer to the end of the brackets but not a deal breaker for basic approval , also don't round of the corners 

872607608_TDreference.jpg.e005922c1f2976c8adcce7e705fc7e30.jpg

• Like 1

Definitely check out Tony’s (Ukswrath) Anovos build for guidance; it’s a LEGENDARY thread. I don’t have a direct link to it right now, but I’ve included it on my All-In-One resources thread which is linked in my signature. He has a section on adjusting the Anovos thermal detonator. Depending on the overall width of your current detonator, you may try shortening it to get more overlap between the clips and the control panel.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Definitely check out Tony’s (Ukswrath) Anovos build for guidance; it’s a LEGENDARY thread. I don’t have a direct link to it right now, but I’ve included it on my All-In-One resources thread which is linked in my signature. He has a section on adjusting the Anovos thermal detonator. Depending on the overall width of your current detonator, you may try shortening it to get more overlap between the clips and the control panel.

yea ive checked it out.im on this page every day researching.this was the anovos TD that came with the kit.if i have to purchase a different one i just cant do that right now.spent tons on supplies just ordered boots i need a new neck seal as well because this anovos one looks super cheap and is to tight on my neck.i can in the near future if i have to.because these holes are little farther down then the reference picture ones.

1 minute ago, Dolladolla916 said:

yea ive checked it out.im on this page every day researching.this was the anovos TD that came with the kit.if i have to purchase a different one i just cant do that right now.spent tons on supplies just ordered boots i need a new neck seal as well because this anovos one looks super cheap and is to tight on my neck.i can in the near future if i have to because these holes are little farther down then the reference picture ones.

The holes are fine as they are for now, it's just my OCD ;) 

• Like 1

Plate will be fine, you could trim a little off the pipe length if you really wanted but you can just leave it as is, from the CRL 

• The total length is approximately 7.50" (190.5mm).

When ever possible we try to supply accurate references, some of these measurements though are generalized for the CRL's ;) 

7 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Plate will be fine, you could trim a little off the pipe length if you really wanted but you can just leave it as is, from the CRL 

• The total length is approximately 7.50" (190.5mm).

When ever possible we try to supply accurate references, some of these measurements though are generalized for the CRL's ;) 

Oh my god that's some good news because I was trying my hardest to pop the ends off right now and they stuck like chuck.i even did the air hole trick still stuck on there really good.im gonna put it together.thanks alot.

• Like 1