tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

4 hours ago, 1nfern0 said:

It’s looking pretty darn sweet! This will be such a good looking build when it’s completed.

Where did you get your snaps from? I think I need to order a bunch for my TK.

some I ordered from ebay and some I got from hobby lobby. Thanks for the compliment.

these are the hobby lobby ones they are pricey. I only get them there because faster then waiting for ebay and want something to do.

2BMY2Q3.jpg

• Like 1

If you want to be absolute screen accurate the hole is normally a little closer to the end/top. Also the curve cut out is not so rounded, you can see flat areas that meet the curve. You also want to check the length of the strip as some armor makers make them longer then they need to be, should stop just short of the corner sections of the thigh

imageproxy.jpg.cef8fb18436b0f9cd170c3fbf8aa4fcb.jpg

gallery_12157_78_1344899.jpg

gallery_12157_78_258714.jpggallery_12157_78_1204509.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looks much better ;) 

Heck yeah it does. After this pic I came down a tiny bit more also on the tops. I put the rivet in while I did it so I could get a good visual of how it would really look. And now I realize that I could have left that anovos dimple and just made my own hole tiny bit above it to where the rivet top would have concealed the dimple also. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

If you want to be absolute screen accurate the hole is normally a little closer to the end/top. Also the curve cut out is not so rounded, you can see flat areas that meet the curve. You also want to check the length of the strip as some armor makers make them longer then they need to be, should stop just short of the corner sections of the thigh

oh man mine does not reach both corners of back thigh.

I would advise double snaps on the shoulder straps and to shoulder bells, I've lost a couple over the years and having a spare there has saved me from missing out on a troop ;) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I would advise double snaps on the shoulder straps and to shoulder bells, I've lost a couple over the years and having a spare there has saved me from missing out on a troop ;) 

Not double on the sew in right? 2 snaps in shoulder bell and 2 on chest and back plate?

I have two either end of the shoulder bell to shoulder strap elastic, also two on the front and rear of the shoulder straps chest/backplate. Although these are not a requirement they do take a lot of strain, one snap each end is perfectly fine for approval though.

lRxJ2VM.jpg 

If you also double over the elastic it will give you a nice strong strap which shouldn't pull sideways much

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I have two either end of the shoulder bell to shoulder strap elastic, also two on the front and rear of the shoulder straps chest/backplate. Although these are not a requirement they do take a lot of strain, one snap each end is perfectly fine for approval though.

lRxJ2VM.jpg 

If you also double over the elastic it will give you a nice strong strap which shouldn't pull sideways much

Yea I did double it over its nice and thick and sturdy.

• Like 1