tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

What you want to really do is align with the height of the belt and large ab plate, the belt should sit just under the bottom button. I normally check while wearing as the belt can sit slightly higher at the back and can change the position of the snaps a little.

While wearing the belt have some painters/masking tape handy, add some to the ab just on top of the belt you can then work out how far down you need to place the snap

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

What you want to really do is align with the height of the belt and large ab plate, the belt should sit just under the bottom button. I normally check while wearing as the belt can sit slightly higher at the back and can change the position of the snaps a little.

While wearing the belt have some painters/masking tape handy, add some to the ab just on top of the belt you can then work out how far down you need to place the snap

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

So basically use the tape as like a ceiling for where the top of belt will be then navigate my way down from it. Makes sense thanks for that tip brotha. Should I have kidney plate on as well?

Just now, tat2trooper said:

So basically use the tape as like a ceiling for where the top of belt will be then navigate my way down from it. Makes sense thanks for that tip brotha. Should I have kidney plate on as well?

Definitely have the kidney on as well, fitting the belt is one of the last things I do on an armor build, you can also check the length of the belt when you have all the armor on ;) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Definitely have the kidney on as well, fitting the belt is one of the last things I do on an armor build, you can also check the length of the belt when you have all the armor on ;) 

How do you set the snap when its on that awkward angle of the ab? 

1 minute ago, tat2trooper said:

How do you set the snap when its on that awkward angle of the ab? 

Once you have the height of the belt you can measure down to the snap position of the belt. For the width points of the snaps I normally don't add the snaps until I work out the spacing, I lay the belt over the ab (with the tape showing the height) then mark the ab through the belt holes.

Ok so I ran into a measurement problem. I'm going to have to take this one out and move it over slightly to have it fit perfect. Its just out of reach. And when I force it its too much pressure and makes the other snap at other end pop off. Luckily its going to be hidden but dang it. Also I realized I need to cover them split rivets. Cut my hand open. Just glad I didn't get no blood on my white belt. The small dot next to it is where it needs to be. Just drill that one out correct?

AV6z29w.jpg

xAEVBCe.jpg

NtsanAN.jpg

1 minute ago, tat2trooper said:

xAEVBCe.jpg

Just a small tweak.

I'm not sure if you did it but it does help to stop your snaps popping off if you curve your belt, less strain when it is curved

Clamp two pieces of wood between the belt spacing then gently push downwards

ATAarmor2012001.thumb.jpg.580d79e998fcd0b79a62199c6dd022cf.jpg

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Just a small tweak.

I'm not sure if you did it but it does help to stop your snaps popping off if you curve your belt, less strain when it is curved

Clamp two pieces of wood between the belt spacing then gently push downwards

ATAarmor2012001.thumb.jpg.580d79e998fcd0b79a62199c6dd022cf.jpg

That's what I need to do.

• Like 1

Thanks for that snap method get down gmrhodes. Looks amazing. Just finished it. I remember you all ways telling people to make sure it comes to bottom of button. So I did that masking tape suggestion you mentioned earlier to show me where top of my belt would be so I could make sure my ab snaps held up the belt to the right height.

TeAAVmu.jpg

Nlm30jt.jpg

TCiCc1P.jpg

Hey David great work so far.

It's not a deal breaker but if you're shooting for the higher levels of accuracy your vertical Ab plates should have squared corners. Here's a reference photo

Ab%20buttons.jpg?width=450&height=278&fi

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Hey David great work so far.

It's not a deal breaker but if you're shooting for the higher levels of accuracy your vertical Ab plates should have squared corners. Here's a reference photo

Ab%20buttons.jpg?width=450&height=278&fi

ok 

Came out great, nice work, just watch the angle of the belt buttons a couple look a little off

oNRU8XJ.thumb.jpg.32987e57ca2fd5537a03809222f9c9fd.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Came out great, nice work, just watch the angle of the belt buttons a couple look a little off

oNRU8XJ.thumb.jpg.32987e57ca2fd5537a03809222f9c9fd.jpg

I noticed that too. I will go back and straighten them out little later. Good thing is its e6000 and not that anovos glue.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

I noticed that too. I will go back and straighten them out little later. Good thing is its e6000 and not that anovos glue.

At least you were fortunate enough to remove the covers without destroying them or the belt itself, can't tell you how many of those I've jacked up over the years. Great job :duim:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

At least you were fortunate enough to remove the covers without destroying them or the belt itself, can't tell you how many of those I've jacked up over the years. Great job :duim:

For real. I mean there is a couple little nics here and there. I'm glad I did not drill straight through the button covers.

Nice work on the strapping, it is a good idea on stress areas to use double snaps, shoulders are a good one to have a spare, I've lost two from those over the years. You may also find nylon a little restricting, if so change over to elastic as it has move give and you'll be able to bend and stretch more ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work on the strapping, it is a good idea on stress areas to use double snaps, shoulders are a good one to have a spare, I've lost two from those over the years. You may also find nylon a little restricting, if so change over to elastic as it has move give and you'll be able to bend and stretch more ;) 

yea I was going to use elastic for arms shoulder and chest to ab.