tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

Geez Glen, a week?!

We should have a race. Put the two fastest builders (whoever they are) in their workshops, and livestream their contest-funded armor assembly. Sleep not required, or set at an equal amount per 24 hours. First one to EI-standard completion wins.

Sorry to get off topic ;-)

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Geez Glen, a week?!

Yer I had to have breaks in betweenĀ :laugh1:

Ā 

But seriously I love the idea but just couldn't do it, these days I have to go all out for as long as I can then it's to the couch, wait for meds to kick in then a few hours of napping, I think that may be a bit boring to watch on a live stream.

Ā 

The mind is willing but the body is just too darn broke.Ā 

finally got this other thigh ready and matching with my other one .IĀ had to make sure one was notĀ fatter then the other or would just look silly to me .Now waiting game for it to dry.(after a few magnet pinches) also dislocated my shoulder for 3rd time this year on the 21st so sore shoulder also.

zbY4fch.jpg

Looking good. Sorry to hear about your shoulder, I've got a ultrasound booked for mine in two weeks so I know your pain ;)Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good. Sorry to hear about your shoulder, I've got a ultrasound booked for mine in two weeks so I know your pain ;)Ā 

man shoulderĀ will be sore for a good month or 2 .Guess IĀ should not have played tackle football this year for our annual unity bowl we throw .Hope all goes will with yours brother.

• Like 1

I wet sand mine with wet and dry sandpaper, adding a little dish washing liquid to the water helps to keep the paper free of clogging.

Ā 

Start off with some 180 grit, then go up in stages, 240, 400, 600, 800, 1200, the finer the paper the less the easier it is to polish, use an automotive cutting compound polish to bring back the shine.

Ā 

Some references

gallery_12157_15_34529.jpggallery_12157_15_41437.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/29/2020 at 11:34 AM, tat2trooper said:

left or right?Ā 

KiOZWpO.jpg

Right is probably the better way to go as it doesn't have the texture on the back. If it were on the palm it would be no trouble for either.

Ā 

You are certainly powering through this build David, good to see.

This may have been mentioned earlier on in your build, but you could look to find some domed pan head screws for your Thermal detonator rather than the Philips head variety you currently have.Ā  the Pan heads are more accurate.

Mobility cuts look tidy as does the filler on the joins. Keep up the great work.

I ordered some screws. Unfortunately they are coming from china so will be awhile.i checked my hardware store and they didnt have any.i was also thinking right glove because its darker.unlike the anovos one that is like grayish to my eyes.and just feels wierd.thanks for your input on this.

1 hour ago, ukswrath said:

:popcorn:

Man I tried putting that screen in the hovi tips it was popping all over the place stabbing me in the finger tips haha.then went to 99cent store got a strainer cut that up and butchered that also.hovi tip screen placement defeated me.

15 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

Man I tried putting that screen in the hovi tips it was popping all over the place stabbing me in the finger tips haha.then went to 99cent store got a strainer cut that up and butchered that also.hovi tip screen placement defeated me.

Yea it's not always the easiest. Next time let me know maybe I can help. Keep up the great work btw

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

I ordered some screws. Unfortunately they are coming from china so will be awhile.i checked my hardware store and they didnt have any.i was also thinking right glove because its darker.unlike the anovos one that is like grayish to my eyes.and just feels wierd.thanks for your input on this.

You can purchase the screws on Amazon through US suppliers, or you could contact myself or Joseph and we could have sent you some @ n/c or at minimum cover the shippingĀ ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ukswrath said:

You can purchase the screws on Amazon through US suppliers, or you could contact myself or Joseph and we could have sent you some @ n/c or at minimum cover the shippingĀ ;)

i might need some because the shipping says should arrive by feb.great.i willĀ send you message on etsy.good looking out bud.

4 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

i might need some because the shipping says should arrive by feb.great.i willĀ send you message on etsy.good looking out bud.

Correction on the website, they're on EbayĀ https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slotted-pan-Head-Sheet-Metal-Tapping-Screw-Stainless-Steel-6X3-8-Qty-100/261584094669?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Ā 

It's for a 100 pack btw. If you have no use for the remainingĀ 96 let me know and I'll buy them off you lolĀ 

• Like 1

some pick ups from hobby lobby last night. Cutting mat some snaps and foam to pad up some of the inside armor. And my lady surprised me with a Ā chair for my workstation that looks real imperial. Some may forget there is a lot of little things that go into building a kit .I am brand new to the whole experience and have had to purchase a lot of things IĀ never had to take on this project. ReallyĀ started something that I truly am proud of.

i5ehQWp.jpg

cpeJcs0.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

6 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

You could always do like I did, use a little bondo on some Philips head screws ;)Ā 

Closest we have at local hardware are slotted Phillips

20201010_184215.thumb.jpg.9f3cbbc4796d2f6ab0ec9998180e0445.jpg

Ā 

Apply some filler/bondo

20201010_184247.thumb.jpg.5c8371f26dfd1655b81c3fbe8d8db537.jpg

Ā 

Sand and file the slot

20201010_184309.thumb.jpg.384793d0c96bcac6aeda92dd1e28a6a0.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You could always do like I did, use a little bondo on some Philips head screws ;)Ā 

Closest we have at local hardware are slotted Phillips

20201010_184215.thumb.jpg.9f3cbbc4796d2f6ab0ec9998180e0445.jpg

Ā 

Apply some filler/bondo

20201010_184247.thumb.jpg.5c8371f26dfd1655b81c3fbe8d8db537.jpg

Ā 

Sand and file the slot

20201010_184309.thumb.jpg.384793d0c96bcac6aeda92dd1e28a6a0.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

sheesh man. I swear you have been through it all with builds you know every trick in the book. Haha. Uks is mailingĀ me some. Hes only about 2hr drive away.

• Like 1