tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

25 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

ive noticed people put a patch of velcro on upper tongue of boots.is this to keep the shin guards from falling down to much?

It’s to keep them from twisting with coresponding velcro on the shin. If you get the fit right, thight around the boot and fairly snug on your calf you won’t need it:salute:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

ive noticed people put a patch of velcro on upper tongue of boots.is this to keep the shin guards from falling down to much?

As Daniel said, to combat twisting, but also to keep them from riding UP over the tops of your boots. Some use velcro/snaps on the tongue, and I believe I've also seen the use of elastic stirrups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tat2trooper said:

I have elastic which goes through the loop on the boot with snaps attached and snaps inside the top of the shins, I find this a little easier to put on rather than velcro on the tongue

• Like 1

You may want to remove a little bit of paint, looks like there is still some on the gums. Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth areaimageproxy.jpg.83fa41c0b2d1a38fc158e72a5eea11ec.jpg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I have elastic which goes through the loop on the boot with snaps attached and snaps inside the top of the shins, I find this a little easier to put on rather than velcro on the tongue

and just bring elastic to top of shin.not a bad idea.do you have picture of this?

10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You may want to remove a little bit of paint, looks like there is still some on the gums. Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth areaimageproxy.jpg.83fa41c0b2d1a38fc158e72a5eea11ec.jpg

yea i will get to that.ive seen that mentioned the most out of every thing on this site.do i just use acetone and rub it?

Just now, tat2trooper said:

yea i will get to that.ive seen that mentioned the most out of every thing on this site.do i just use acetone and rub it?

I would be wary of using acetone as it may melt the plastic (this is how we make ABS paste), many have had success just using tooth picks and rubbing the paint away, others have used mineral spirits and a small brush, the mineral spirits is a little more plastic friendly 

Definitely works well with mineral turpentine and a toothpick.

Simply dip the end of the toothpick in the turps and slowly scratch away the paint you dont want.

• Like 1

cleaned up these teeth.finished the right shin still rough finish.im going to clean everything up once its all done.i used these bigger thicker picks to clean frown.the smaller ones break easy and you get hand cramps.also my belt just came in.really cant do nothing to it till the snaps arrive.

HQWw3E1.jpg

efBfBEG.jpg

EkCiAKY.jpg

BeN6pHb.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

heres the paint thinner i used only about 4 bucks at lowes and grabbed this belt im going to modify to hold up the thighs.plus close up of snaps i put into belt plate.

GfTpEiv.jpg

9AVaQQQ.jpg

I may get some of this as well for my bucket seeing how well it worked for you. Also seriously considering doing the snap thing for my belt now too so I can go between ESB and ANH stunt belts. You're giving me some good ideas, thanks!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1nfern0 said:

I may get some of this as well for my bucket seeing how well it worked for you. Also seriously considering doing the snap thing for my belt now too so I can go between ESB and ANH stunt belts. You're giving me some good ideas, thanks!!

i looked at it as easy to take apart and store.i can un screw the chicago screws for the holster and pop belt plate off and roll up the belt.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1nfern0 said:

I have snaps on my belt, can swap from ANH S to ANH H to ESB, very handy having the snaps

• Like 1

You can't be working hard enough, that's a pretty clean work area 

Here was mine, but then again I did have it completed in a week so no time for cleaning :laugh1:

20200930_124522.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can't be working hard enough, that's a pretty clean work area 

Here was mine, but then again I did have it completed in a week so no time for cleaning :laugh1:

20200930_124522.jpg

whoaaaaaaaa.i like to constantly vacuum and put stuff away because i have bumped into pieces knocked them off the table.and you said a week!!!! most the tools needed to build the kit i didnt have so i had tons of trips to home depot, hobby lobby, lowes and ebay deliveries i had to wait on.still waiting for more stuff via mail.a week though sheesh.your a build beast.

• Like 1