Aloha from the new guy

G_T808

Aloha FISD,

I’ve been a massive fan of Star Wars since I was introduced to the original trilogy as a child. Recently I’ve been very interested in building an accurate set of armor and have found an incredible community here full of information. I’ve also been interested in the 501st as I love how they reach out and do events throughout their communities. I hope one day I’ll be able to assemble an appropriate set of armor to meet their standards. Thank you for your time and I look forward to communicating with fellow enthusiasts and learning from the experts.

Mahalo

• Like 2

Hello and welcome aboard, lots of great info in the Getting Started section which should help get you on your way.

Good luck and hope to see a build thread from you soon.

• Like 1

Hi Garrett, welcome to the FISD. May I suggest to start with this this section, which will answer many of your questions.

If you tell us about your height and body shape, we can help to find an armor that fits you.

And if you tell us where you are located, we can help getting you in contact with some local people.

Seeing different armors in real life is an eye-opener.

Any questions, just let us know.

• Like 1

For right now I am a little on the heavier side and I fit somewhere between the mesomorph and endomorph, leaning a little closer to the latter with my current weight. I am 6’1” and slowly dropping from 255lbs. I’m currently located on Maui, HI. It would be great to connect with someone here as my knowledge regarding correct specifications is very slim.
Mahalo

Welcome to the FISD Garrett!

There's surprisingly a lot of information about TK's you never knew. Take your time and so some looking. Research is the key. Picking the right suit that fits you and your budget is the goal. Honestly it's not a cheap hobby. But the smile payback is huge.:dancing-trooper:

Any questions just ask. We're All here to help.

Good Luck Future Trooper!:salute:

• Like 1

Welcome, Garrett! You've come to the right place for building your own set of shiny white armor! As other troopers have said, checking out the Getting Started section is a wonderful place to begin! There's so much information to comb through that it can be overwhelming sometimes, so just take your time and research research research! Definitely don't let this be a replacement for checking out ALL the resources on FISD (there is much more that I haven't listed), but below is a link to a compilation thread I made which might be helpful to you. Again, welcome to this amazing community!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

• Like 1

Hi Garrett and welcome to FISD, you are going to to love this new journey you have embarked on, ask plenty of questions along the way and the answers will flow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome to the TRUE home of white armor, Garrett!  Lots to learn here, but know that we are here for you every step of the way on your journey to becoming a shiny-white spaceman!  Although most of your questions can be answered by going through our forums, always (and I mean ALWAYS) feel free to ask any questions you may have.  We are here for ya', future trooper!

• Like 1

Hi Garrett and welcome aboard future Trooper! 

Have a read in the “Getting Started-Read this First” section, as there is some really good info in there for new members.

Then, have a read in “Costuming and Builds” section to discover other troopers who are building armor! Really good tips, examples, pictures, previously answered questions, and successes here.

In addition to looking at all the various build threads, I highly recommend checking out the “Advanced Tactics” section where you can see examples of those who have taken their armor to the next levels of screen accuracy (EIB and Centurion).  I’d recommend that you aim to build to one of the certification levels, as TK’s look their best at these levels. It's really not hard to acquire EIB or Centurion, and it’s best to do during your build rather that after.

If, and when, you’re looking for other bits –and-pieces, accessories, boots, blasters, electronics, etc., be sure to check out the “Imperial Commissary” section for items for sale, project runs, and for other stuff that most of the troopers use.

Also, make contact with your local Garrison . They’ll help guide you through the process of becoming a member of the 501st, and may have local Armor Parties in the works where you can get hands-on build advice and guidance, not to mention meet members of your future Garrison.

So, start a build thread here on FISD; post lots of pictures and questions. We are all here to help you out and to make sure you look your best, and represent the 501st as best as possible.

All the best on your TK journey! :dancing-trooper:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, 

So as a quick update, after a decent amount of research I decided to purchase an AM set from Dave ( Dave’s Darkside Depot) and currently awaiting a tracking number. As soon as the kit arrives I plan on posting a build thread. Again, thank you all again for the welcomes and advice and I’m very eager to get started. :)

Edited by G_T808

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Garrett, welcome again. I personally do not have Dave’s armor but many troopers do. Really looking forward to that build thread.

Hey. If you need any help with the plastics. My girlfriend would love to volunteer our time in Hawaii. ;)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Harder said:

Hi Garrett, welcome again. I personally do not have Dave’s armor but many troopers do. Really looking forward to that build thread.

Hey. If you need any help with the plastics. My girlfriend would love to volunteer our time in Hawaii. ;)

Appreciate it! I’m super excited for this build but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly intimidated haha 

Edited by G_T808
  • Like 2

Appreciate it! I’m super excited for this build but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly intimidated haha 

Honestly, it’s good you are. It is a bit intimidating. Read and research a lot. It’s literally all here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

E Komo Mai! My husband also ordered his ANH Stunt TK from Dave. We got to visit his workshop on Monday and it's neat to see the process. Looking forward to seeing your build progress. We're also reviewing all the info too, so appreciate how much there is to take in. Cheers!

• Like 1