AM 4.5 TK commission build - Need help

BBB  finally arrived , good things come to those who wait, or do they?   Finally got around to getting everything unpacked and laid out , took inventory and decided to get suited up ( after watching a few helpful YouTube videos on the subject) 

Now I know this is my first time trying this armor on and did expect to have a few tweaks to ensure a good fit , but not quite sure I was prepared for the fit I got for a commission build.  "I don't know what I don't know" so I am reaching out to the team here in the hopes to get this dialed in and help answer the myriad of questions that I currently have.  Will be showcasing some pictures below to help illustrate some of my questions / concerns .   I have the CRL open and compared my current fit and there seems to be some work that needs to be done to get things correct , I have an email out to DDD as well on the subject to get his take ( super helpful thus far , great customer service so thumbs up!) I have followed build threads for the last 6 months while waiting on the armor so somewhat versed on what a good fit would look like.

Name: Jeff

Armor: DDD AM 4.5 commission build 

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 205

Concerns:

- The bells , biceps and arm pieces are not comfortable , hard to articulate my elbow and wrists when worn.  The bicep portion is extremely uncomfortable   and seem to interfere with the bell making it not sit correctly. When the Bicep piece is on there quite a bit of space like it was built for a larger arm. The arm piece seems to be too long , when at rest I cant  move my wrist as the piece interferes , I feel if I move the snap it will the lift the piece up  to much and I will not have motion with my elbow at all.

- Thighs - I can swim in these things, I was expecting a tighter fit ,  these things are quite large and I have to hike them up pretty good to get the bottom of the piece  at least even with my knee.  normal?

- Chest / Cod  piece is OK but seems to ride up and  not "sit" on my shoulders , in fact when I put the helmet on I cant even turn my head as it 'bumps' the top of the chest piece. I would think the helmet  would have sit higher, eyesight and view out the eyes are perfect, so good fit on the head.

Looking at the pictures below this suit seems to be built for someone taller , or no? Weight wise I am rocking the 'dad bod" but this thing makes me look huge :-) , I can submit a picture of myself without the armor if needed to help with reference if that will help. 

I look forward to your critical eyes and help on getting this suit up to par and ready for approval, thanks in advance for your time and help!

( I do have boots and  chose not to put them on , also decided not to put on the thermal detonator for this first fitting).

I plan on adding more pictures and fittings of each piece in the morning for reference , take things one piece at a time :-) ...

6CWjHH2.jpg?1      5BHc59Z.jpg

DK4P2QM.jpg   sMA1FqE.jpg

Edited by Jeffnmar
update
  • Like 1

Had some time today to take pictures of the examples I mentioned above.  This particular posting sf or the forearms and biceps.

a) are the biceps supposed to have so much open area at the top when your arms are at rest? When I do this it tends to push the bells out since the bicep is under the bell housing. Does this look correct or does it need to be brought in more?

b) Are the forearms looking long?  When my arms are at rest it feels pretty good but when I try to raise my arms ( say holding a an e11 blaster) it catches at the elbow and is painful , I have to 'push down' the forearm a bit to be able to move my arm up and down , and when that happens it hits the glove and armor piece. Normal or no?

dfFVAL0h.jpg     PgKOAYMh.jpg    

zXnCC0Qh.jpg    QMJ06Alh.jpg

py0fk26h.jpg      lfcEpfah.jpg

For this post I will be referring to the thigh pieces .

These seem to me to be a bit long and 'big' .  To wear these I put on a belt , put on both thighs which have a snap at the top with along piece of flexible fabric that winds around the belt to hold things in place. The legs have room in them when wearing them , in these pictures I have them hiked up as far as I can go (comfortably). I am not sure if these need to be more 'form fitting' or if you are supposed to have excess room. I can lift my leg but only barely until it hits and becomes uncomfortable and digs behind my knee cap.

uXsqtqdh.jpg          RipKpT7h.jpg

ZOaFGUPh.jpg      XF7tkd2h.jpg

9w0zjfvh.jpg

Well good news , I was able to get ahold of DDD and after reviewing some of pictures there are some 'tweaks' that need to be made to the arms and legs. I cant speak highly enough of DDD and the customer service he provides with his products , it's a rare thing to find someone like Dave that takes pride in his work and stands by his product.  Big shout out to Daves Darkside and the work he does. 

Will post a few more pics when things get trimmed up. 

• Like 3

Hi Jeff, welcome to FISD. 

Sad to read your BBB day wasn't as good as you would like but happy to know Dave's taking care of things.

looking forward for your next set of photos with fixes and good luck future Trooper.  :salute:

Good to hear some of your issues are being looked at. Unfortunately it can be an issue some times with commissions to have all pieces fit you correctly, some times some tweaking is needed, appears you need a little more work than just tweaking.

Dave seems to be able to offer some help which is great.

Good to hear some of your issues are being looked at. Unfortunately it can be an issue some times with commissions to have all pieces fit you correctly, some times some tweaking is needed, appears you need a little more work than just tweaking.

Dave seems to be able to offer some help which is great.

Correct on the ‘tweaking’ , there is a bit more work to be done and Dave is taking care of me. Understand the difficulties with commission builds , can’t be easy at all going off pictures and measurements, so my hat is off to him .

Wish I had the time to do this myself but since COVID hit I have had zero time to take on a project like this .

We’ll get this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5