markgambino Requesting Pre Approval Review (AP)

MightyAtom

ANH TK Stunt

Name: Mark Gambino
Future Garrison: Nightfall Garrison
Armour Maker: AP
Helmet Maker: AP
Cloth Belt Maker: Imperial Issue
Neck Seal Maker: Darman's Props
Boot Maker: Imperial Boots

Holster: AP

Hand plates: Joseph's

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

nIigviO.jpg

H1GLSh6.jpg

ad8QOlG.jpg

mdTgzaL.jpg

bTmE09T.jpg

96KwWuz.jpg

78qBjBn.jpg

7CSUfR8.jpg

aCMx57T.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work Mark, enjoyed your build, just watch your drop boxes as they are on an angle on the side images, see how you go you may need to lengthen the elastic a little if they keep catching. Belt is on a slight angle, may be the way you are standing, just double check the positioning.

I can't see anything that would hold you up for basic approval in my opinion.

Good luck, hope to see you approved soon.

• Like 1

Other than what Glen mentioned, I see nothing holding you back from Basic and even Expert Infantry) approval, Mark!  Fantastic job on this armor sir, and lots of attention to detail.  SO glad to see you removed most of the return edges!  ;)

If I could make one small suggestion (that will not affect approval at any level) it would be to trim down or at least round off the corners of the rear of your forearms.  Depending on how sharp they are they can snag on your undersuit.

U5KKxpe.jpg

Looking good Mark!! just a couple of  suggestions.

You coul  trim your vocoder a bit on the 2nd step.

Reference images

k5he8DV.jpg?1                        xSY3FDW.jpg?3       ebxjEWJ.jpg?1

This looks like a strapping adjustment fix. your kidney armor is overlapping your ab section. 

Reference images

XWUZwDF.jpg?1                     zerv2hM.jpg?1    ieF7xdu.jpg    

Easy pass, looking forward for you TK ID  :jc_doublethumbup:

16 hours ago, markgambino said:

ANH TK Stunt
Name: Mark Gambino
Future Garrison: Nightfall Garrison
Armour Maker: AP
Helmet Maker: AP
Cloth Belt Maker: Imperial Issue
Neck Seal Maker: Darman's Props
Boot Maker: Imperial Boots
Holster: AP
Hand plates: Joseph's

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Excellent work, Mark. You got this!!! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/4/2020 at 8:35 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work Mark, enjoyed your build, just watch your drop boxes as they are on an angle on the side images, see how you go you may need to lengthen the elastic a little if they keep catching. Belt is on a slight angle, may be the way you are standing, just double check the positioning.

I can't see anything that would hold you up for basic approval in my opinion.

Good luck, hope to see you approved soon.

Great, thanks for the feedback, Glen! Those pesky drop boxes snagged when I was running back and forth after hitting the timer shutter on my camera. I do have a little length to play with if I need to lengthen them, so I'll keep an eye on them. Belt or posture - either way, I'll work on it!

Edited by markgambino

On 11/4/2020 at 9:01 PM, justjoseph63 said:

Other than what Glen mentioned, I see nothing holding you back from Basic and even Expert Infantry) approval, Mark!  Fantastic job on this armor sir, and lots of attention to detail.  SO glad to see you removed most of the return edges!  ;)

If I could make one small suggestion (that will not affect approval at any level) it would be to trim down or at least round off the corners of the rear of your forearms.  Depending on how sharp they are they can snag on your undersuit.

U5KKxpe.jpg

Thank you, Joseph! I have debated those corners. I seem to have long arms and wanted as much 'real estate' on my forearms as I could get, but I will take your advice and look at rounding off the edges. Thanks!

19 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Looking good Mark!! just a couple of  suggestions.

You coul  trim your vocoder a bit on the 2nd step.

Reference images

k5he8DV.jpg?1                        xSY3FDW.jpg?3       ebxjEWJ.jpg?1

This looks like a strapping adjustment fix. your kidney armor is overlapping your ab section. 

Reference images

XWUZwDF.jpg?1                     zerv2hM.jpg?1    ieF7xdu.jpg    

Easy pass, looking forward for you TK ID  :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks, Mario! I'll look at a fix for the AB plate - either some padding to prevent it overlapping (and give me room to "grow") or trim the rhs to reduce the overlap. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hi Mark, looking closely to your helmet's Hovi Mic tips , it seems  like they're pointed down quite a bit but it could also just be the angle you took your helmet pics I would suggest to check it out to be sure.

Reference Images

1TBhI0U.jpg                             Irrbsy5.jpg 

gwf7qNT.jpg?1 

If you do need to adjust it is easy to cut a piece of rubber tube on an angle so you get a thin wedge, place the rubber wedge behind the mic tip, you can then rotate this wedge and it will adjust the angle of the mic tip.

12.png.627c4d89906f450f68e27d4d75dc2cbc.png

13.jpg.a4ff4e9034dea276db9fdbc298a34bbb.jpg

Yea a couple of minor dressing issues in the photos, but armor itself looks EXCELLENT and I definitely hope you submit for higher levels! Great work! :D