TK-15028 Requesting ANH TK Stunt Centurion Status [AM] (480)

Iron TK

Edits made to include full body photos. Submission should be complete.

David Gdula

David G

TK-15028

Garrison Carida, Eastern PA

• Armor = AM
  • Helmet = AM
  • Blaster = Trooper Bay
  • Height = 5'10"
  • Weight = 185 lbs
  • Boots = Imperial Boots
  • Canvas belt = RobKittel (Imperial Issue)
  • Hand Plates = JustJoseph
  • Electronics= ICOMM
  • Neck Seal = Trooper Bay
  • Holster = Trooper Bay

EIB Submission Reference

Notes on this Centurion submission

• Some pictures were from my EIB submission, I am providing the correct images of relevant changes. For those who commented on the images I incorrectly included, please accept my apologies.
  • Items requiring correction or suggested changes based on DO and expert feedback from EIB submission are titled in green.
  • Many thanks to the DOs and others for your patience with the changes!

Full Body

1. It was requested that I submit new full body shots with the modifications made.
  2. The shoulder bells were brought closer to the torso as shown in the front and back shots.
  3. The difference in the appearance of the belt height is due to the angle of the photograph compared to the photo showing the correction.

z2l6XEH.jpg

gu568Ky.jpg

XZygmNn.jpg

eV1BmL4.jpg

wW1wvJl.jpg

Armor Details

uFPNWuT.jpg

3x09RKT.jpg

Corrected Shoulder Bells

1. Shoulder bells were too far out as non-snapped end was glued-in-place. The reference image was provided for illustration.
  2. Installed Velcro in bells for adjustment as needed, see results in full body shots, above.

bkmWB93.jpg?1

1Vttajr.jpg

Corrected Ab Plates

1. Requirement for the large ab plate was that it have an obvious border edge, unrounded at the corners, that did not extend past the protruding base. The reference image below was provided. I prepared a new large button plate rather than try to correct the old one.
  2. It was suggested that the small ab button plate be trimmed as in the reference image. I did so.

vBib7f6.jpg?1AMb7YzM.jpg?1LSuei4K.jpg?1&key=0c9c5dfc8959a6e5b45e7e

6tHTPq7.jpg?1

opSfZE6.jpg

CgyyUe9.jpg

DafMViQ.jpg

Corrected Belt Position

1. The ammo belt needed to be brought up in the center as per the reference image.
  2. I utilized the recommended Velcro strategy to prevent sag in the center of the belt as shown below.

PEEmH0z.jpg?1

aSfxptn.jpg

kx6TSnW.jpg?1

2YysbcO.jpg

8jYmZYt.jpg

aaO0J75.jpg

6hFPe6R.jpg

Correction of the Sniper Plate

1. The sniper plate had excess material at the top edge, which is not screen accurate; the following images provided suggested reference.
  2. I cut the sniper plate as indicated to conform to the suggested trim lines and reference images.

IGGrzm7.jpgSauQQOO.jpg

BCGad0r.jpg?1BkCgw9Q.jpg?1

qcWD7v7.png

NxIEToB.png

vivpZyC.jpg

Qf5iQFD.jpg

Correction of the Thigh Ammo Belt

1. The top edges were rounded, which is not screen accurate.
  2. The curved edge at the bottom was shown to not be screen accurate as the curve was too pronounced.
  3. Reference images were provided as below.
  4. Proportional analysis of the photo was done and a new ammo thigh belt was fashioned to conform to those ratios. The angle is moderately rounded and is not a straight cut.

YJsJPmu.jpg?1&key=ad7dc78590fc6e771f660cdEWMhxO.jpg?1

4OJhtZi.jpg7LGWVQH.jpg

OssVJ9t.jpg

V77B8Th.jpg

9EC2zRu.jpg

3dAFPAw.jpg

H5QaUyn.jpg

fs1p6DK.jpg

Correction of the Helmet

1. For Centurion, it was suggested that I raise the brow on the helmet as shown below with the yellow markings.
  2. I have redone this part of the helmet as shown below. This suggestion made a significant impact on the look of the armor!

IJ49xd0.jpg?1

VwRP5An.jpg?1

ItuQB9V.jpg

4kXQDqT.jpg

TfK7vr3.jpg

Kuqh0oY.jpg

whAWRvB.jpg

0OAvQ8h.jpg

KIYwOxx.jpg

Accessories

pY4d6lV.jpg

fRU3j87.jpg

pxxSYNp.jpg

Akyzhxz.jpg

zjKeOWi.jpg

aPoUqBp.jpg

NWeIUQ0.jpg

s3IBrKP.jpg

Blaster

dYOS1Zz.jpg

qqX819Q.jpg

1DP97P5.jpg

Two additional photos taken with different lighting showing a gloss black handle with no weathering:

lAs80SK.jpg

00eDgED.jpg

Thanks to everyone who provided valuable feedback on the changes to make to achieve EIB and the improvements I would need to make to apply for Centurion. Thank you for the patience with me as I got photos ready in the time of COVID-19. It was not the easiest to do.

Thank you to the DOs for your consideration with this application!

Respectfully,

TK-15028

Edited by David G
Updating photos and explanations for SUBMISSION
  • Like 1

Great looking build and fantastic ab and kidney alignment! Just a small note from me before the pros arrive with their excellent feedback—I think you’ll want to hit the rims of your hovi tips with a little white paint. I’m also not sure about the upper corners of your thigh ammo pack that have been rounded more than I’m used to seeing. Great Velcro strategy for keeping your belt in proper alignment with that bottom ab button!

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

• Like 1

Nice work trooper, a couple of suggestions before the DO's get here.

Tops of your thighs appear to be hitting your cod.

Belt could just come up a bit, should cover the base of the ab plate, just touching last button.

Helmet brow trim is a little low for a "Stunt" version

U1amwFt.jpg&key=80a018a491f07fb6b85b7cd6

WI2bP5F.jpg?1  Mcn1ygN.jpg?1  oZJo3tr.jpg?2

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  

Sniper plate is not quite following the angle of the shin behind

jK21QPn.png&key=a9fca6e9fca58952af334cde

Corner of the sniper plate should not be rounded, rivet is a little close to the edge

XUHLfv4.jpg&key=208a9d6db46358c0a74f3c9e2pvrAr5.jpg?1&key=8e87fbd8d8c6680b44fc40

I would try to remove a little of the paint from the gums, does appear to be going on to the gums in places/

Also add some white paint to the tips of the hovis

radVkZU.jpg&key=e71721d84fb732f44e88368es4AllTr.jpg?1&key=5da7225df89a0f4e9ec12crmMCj1s.jpg?1&key=bce89d1d10504c36fd3077

Doesn't appear to be much of a gap between the end caps and panel on your TD

pxxSYNp.jpg&key=063042984746d590eb29e8541385090804_TDreference.jpg.d20c0b6f5d22543be7b97806762dbca4.jpg

A nice application, good luck with approval 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2020 at 6:10 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work trooper, a couple of suggestions before the DO's get here.

Tops of your thighs appear to be hitting your cod.

Belt could just come up a bit, should cover the base of the ab plate, just touching last button.

Helmet brow trim is a little low for a "Stunt" version

U1amwFt.jpg&key=80a018a491f07fb6b85b7cd6

WI2bP5F.jpg?1  Mcn1ygN.jpg?1  oZJo3tr.jpg?2

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  

Sniper plate is not quite following the angle of the shin behind

jK21QPn.png&key=a9fca6e9fca58952af334cde

Corner of the sniper plate should not be rounded, rivet is a little close to the edge

XUHLfv4.jpg&key=208a9d6db46358c0a74f3c9e2pvrAr5.jpg?1&key=8e87fbd8d8c6680b44fc40

I would try to remove a little of the paint from the gums, does appear to be going on to the gums in places/

Also add some white paint to the tips of the hovis

radVkZU.jpg&key=e71721d84fb732f44e88368es4AllTr.jpg?1&key=5da7225df89a0f4e9ec12crmMCj1s.jpg?1&key=bce89d1d10504c36fd3077

Doesn't appear to be much of a gap between the end caps and panel on your TD

pxxSYNp.jpg&key=063042984746d590eb29e8541385090804_TDreference.jpg.d20c0b6f5d22543be7b97806762dbca4.jpg

A nice application, good luck with approval 

Apologies, Glenn, I had incorrect images. You had provided great feedback previously and images of the corrections have replaced the incorrect ones in the edited post. The TD is a new suggestion, though!

18 hours ago, equuspolo said:

Beautiful build brother.  Good luck.  You got this. 

Thank you! The feedback I have gotten in this process has helped make the armor even better. This is a great community!

• Like 1

WOW.. super nice job on those fixes, sir! :salute:  I am hopefully assuming you will be aiming for Centurion, and there is something I noticed about your bucket decals... the ones you currently have do not look like the ones AM normally includes with their kits  As per the CRL for Level 3, "Tears/traps shall be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painted..", and yours look a little too "perfect" in comparison with those seen onscreen.

BUT, if you are willing to change them out, I have a complete spare set of current AM decals that I will send to you (no charge),.  Just shoot me your shipping info. via PM if interested.

Yours                                                                        Reference images                                                                                                       AM**

nnvbEYx.jpg?1         6ZMh8uO.jpg?1   38G7FC9.jpg?1                                                 vkRTmxB.jpg?1

Yours                                                                        Reference images                                                                                                           AM**

bf7w6kH.jpg?2       ZTgo0SI.jpg?1  xn4x5pc.jpg?1               QFza4ox.jpg?2

**P.S.  The photos of the AM decals appear lighter because of the camera flash, but they are actually the correct color.

• Like 1

You could also go over the lines with a black permanent marker which could make them look hand painted ;)

• Like 1

I have an extra set of decals or I can remove the striping and hand paint them. Is this the only fix required for Centurion approval? Please let me know as these are easy fixes!

As for the decals. it's up to you.  Hand-painting is great, and if you have the skills and a steady hand I highly suggest going that route.  Speaking of painting, as Glen mentioned the paint on many of the teeth needs to be taken back a bit before one of us starts your EI review.  Although many GMLs miss this item, it is actually a requirement for Basic approval:  "Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area"   10 careful minutes with some Q-tips, toothpicks and a NON ACETONE paint remover and you are good to go.  I suggest Goof-Off, which is a citrus based paint remover and is available in tiny bottles, often at the Dollar Store.  

YdHylWP.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

As for the decals. it's up to you.  Hand-painting is great, and if you have the skills and a steady hand I highly suggest going that route.  Speaking of painting, as Glen mentioned the paint on many of the teeth needs to be taken back a bit before one of us starts your EI review.  Although many GMLs miss this item, it is actually a requirement for Basic approval:  "Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area"   10 careful minutes with some Q-tips, toothpicks and a NON ACETONE paint remover and you are good to go.  I suggest Goof-Off, which is a citrus based paint remover and is available in tiny bottles, often at the Dollar Store.  

YdHylWP.jpg

The frown was corrected in the EIB submission - that detail wasn't missed by you! Apologies, but when I started this thread, some of those images remained. Here are the pictures showing the corrected frown from the EIB submission:

oKXlPNv.jpg

mFurxWF.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 5:59 AM, justjoseph63 said:

WOW.. super nice job on those fixes, sir! :salute:  I am hopefully assuming you will be aiming for Centurion, and there is something I noticed about your bucket decals... the ones you currently have do not look like the ones AM normally includes with their kits  As per the CRL for Level 3, "Tears/traps shall be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painted..", and yours look a little too "perfect" in comparison with those seen onscreen.

BUT, if you are willing to change them out, I have a complete spare set of current AM decals that I will send to you (no charge),.  Just shoot me your shipping info. via PM if interested.

Yours                                                                        Reference images                                                                                                       AM**

nnvbEYx.jpg?1         6ZMh8uO.jpg?1   38G7FC9.jpg?1                                                 vkRTmxB.jpg?1

Yours                                                                        Reference images                                                                                                           AM**

bf7w6kH.jpg?2       ZTgo0SI.jpg?1  xn4x5pc.jpg?1               QFza4ox.jpg?2

**P.S.  The photos of the AM decals appear lighter because of the camera flash, but they are actually the correct color.

Corrected  Helmet Features

1. I used the decals I had that came with the AM kit, rather than go about painting by hand.
  2. Pictures of the corrected left and right tears and left and right traps are shown, using these decals with correct details.

Decals:

rSWlSGT.jpg

Left Tear:

UwaUjLn.jpg?1

Right Tear:

jOrxTnQ.jpg?1

Left Trap:

unEInWA.jpg?1

Right Trap:

dbn2lzz.jpg?1

This should address the last requested changes. Thank you for your consideration!

Respectfully,

TK-15028

• Like 2

Hi David, and thank you for your Centurion application! 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Centurion.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Well done Trooper !!!  :salute:

***************************************************

• Like 1

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-15028 Requesting ANH TK Stunt Centurion Status [AM] (480)
13 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi David, and thank you for your Centurion application! 

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Centurion.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Well done Trooper !!!  :salute:

***************************************************

It’s an honor! Thank you!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...