TK-25622 Requesting Stormtrooper ANH Stunt EIB Status (1007)

Name: Colin Adams

TKID: TK-25622

Forum Name: OddViking327

Garrison: Golden Gate Garrison

Height: 72.5”

Weight: 198 lbs

Armor Maker: AM 4.5 - Dave’s Darkside Depot

Helmet Maker: AM 4.5 - Dave’s Darkside Depot

Blaster Type: Imperial Arms 3D - E-11 V3 (with modifications and improvements)

Boots Maker: Imperial Boots

Canvas Belt: Rob Kittell

Hand Plates Type: Flexible Silicone by Just Joseph

Electronics: Speakers and SHA by Ukswrath, fans by me

Neck Seal Type: Imperial Boots

Holster Maker: Darman’s Props

Armor Build Thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49991-oddvikings-anh-stunt-build-am-45/

Blaster Build Thread: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/50223-imperial-arms-3d-e-11-version-3-kit/

Photos - Body:

PhXthiZ.jpg

o95XWbn.jpg

XLPQDUa.jpg

wU8x7cc.jpg

WMc0gLm.jpg

cqCga2f.jpg

q3RsuOu.jpg

yNV0wFa.jpg

Details:

oDQrnFI.jpg

dfNjynA.jpg

ZOJyomj.jpg

Bc2JkY7.jpg

G8Cby5V.jpg

mu11HJa.jpg

fF7gBGF.jpg

koFFgK6.jpg

RIcGpcH.jpg

WGqeNtS.jpg

AjpBH1h.jpg

6FMmQJ1.jpg

2fizXzD.jpg

Interior:

4UZ8pn6.jpg

7E5RUwv.jpg

HKXNNcE.jpg

Blaster:

P2eqv6J.jpg

uEEMIHa.jpg

L3IH2A7.jpg

x0Mt54J.jpg

Helmet:

PJZ7XQJ.jpg

dq43Nyc.jpg

XbITZcp.jpg

FzGJcvR.jpg

u3kJ2Bf.jpg

RsaKQkp.jpg

rhXEuVO.jpg

oqv3UHq.jpg

PYu2e7F.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work trooper, a few things you may want to adjust before the DO's get here:

Forearms are at different heights to gloves, one almost hitting handplate, the other has a large gap

If you haven't you may want to place some foam behind the sniper plate so it doesn't interfere with your thigh

PhXthiZ.jpg&key=aec00685791deb94dd69aa3c

TD spacing appears a little off, small gap between caps and panel, also your clips are very long. Ideally screws should be a little smaller.

G8Cby5V.jpg&key=64ea52c5e86dab7f8eec5386

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

gallery_12157_51_24375.jpg

ENBGgGW.jpg?1  eXtIssr.jpg?2   

You could trim a little more of the top and bottom of your belt as there is a lot of extra material there

oDQrnFI.jpg&key=46941ec7ab3a5d4f26d92388

yp9XgX5.jpg?1&key=578484fc01ebe8db5b17c4

A few other images the DO's like to see.

Close up of the side ab/kidney rivets

Close up of the sniper plate, front and both sides.

Close up of bottom ear screws

Good luck with approval

• Like 2

Thanks @gmrhodes13 for some things to look out for. 

I am not sure about why the hand/forearm gaps were different, just how they were tucked in at that moment (no mirror as I put on the gloves before the shoot). They usually are fine, but the rubber cuffs sometimes hold the forearm up a little I guess. Here is just a few shots later doing action poses, and they are back in line:

xIdn9AE.jpg

The Thermal Detonator will be trickier. I am guessing the end caps are maybe too wide, which might fix that spacing? The screws and clips came with the AM kit, but I can swap the screws and trim the aluminum down. Let me know if the end caps are what need fixing.

Here are some of those other pics you said might be needed:

W1Vn1wH.jpg

zf9gvnZ.jpg

PG4jru0.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Colin, congrats on a beautiful build.  Glen's notes are solid place to start.  Beautiful build and look forward to seeing your approval and moving it up to Centurion. 

• Like 1

Working on your application right now, Colin, but could you post up 2 more photos for me?  I need one of the back and one of the front.  No need to get suited up!  Thanks!

Hi Colin, and thank you for your application for Expert Infantry!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to EI!  On behalf of the entire DO staff, congratulations!!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Overall a spectacular build you have here brother!   Just a few items in this area, so let's get to it!

It's obvious you have some mad painting skills, but we are asking for a few quick touch-ups to make it look even better!

Although you got the tops nailed perfectly, the front of the right one, the rear of the left one and both bottoms could definitely be thinned out with some gray paint to make them more uniform all the way around.

Reference images

MeUmeCC.jpg  qAnE2Ch.jpg?1             E3u2Kh8.jpg?2  yz5PqBC.jpg?2  FUnANfo.jpg?3

While you have your paints out, we are requesting that you define the tops of the ridges on your vocoder a bit more.

Reference images

1WsZwno.jpg             Hw0lIjQ.jpg?1  8k0fctU.jpg?1

Depending on how screen accurate you want to be, we suggest trimming down the top and bottom of the ABS belt.  It doesn't need to go all the way down to the edges of the raised boxes... as a matter of fact I would leave a small amount to inhibit cracking at the edges, but it could definitely be reduced.  This means that the drop boxed would need to be raised a bit.

Reference images

MwFLYp3.jpg        zfzVtZJ.jpg  bdQH9y9.jpg  T70wzKo.jpg

As mentioned in the comments, your TD caps are pretty wide in comparison with what was seen onscreen.  Hopefully you put these on using just pressure and not glue.  This is not a deal breaker, but if you DO decide (hint hint) to reduce the width, the clips will have to be moved over/out as well.  You should have plenty of room so that the clips will cover the old screw holes.

Reference images

CpZ3Gwg.jpg              dSapwJI.jpg?1  mR8HaWY.jpg?1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Not too many issues here, but as you know we get a lot more into the small details that lead to better screen accuracy for Centurion.  In looking at your build thread, I get the feeling you not only can you address these issues, but that you will have awesome results!

The back view looks perfect, but from the front you will see gaps between the tops of the shoulder bells and the shoulder bridges.  Shortening the elastic will eliminate this.

Reference images

dvxdkK7.jpg?1  c3aZUvj.jpg          QGW2g3F.jpg?1   ZfDVSrc.jpg?1   tKVQh0T.jpg?1

Another issue that can be taken care of with a few strapping adjustments is your back/kidney overlap.  Raising the back half an inch would get you where you need to be.  

Reference images

mEQGHxv.jpg   LrZpIhZ.jpg     Ml1UtIJ.jpg?1 Mbv33kt.png?1 P7f20yS.jpg?1

In looking at the reference images below, we are asking that you raise it a little to at least cover more of the bottom of the ab-button plate(s).  Ideally it should touch (or even overlap a bit) the bottom button(s).  

Reference images

OGpIRUL.jpg?1     Lw06cUW.jpg?1 sWkY01g.jpg?2 70UdyrN.jpg?2

This is a common issue and an easy one to fix... Your right one is spot-on, but the outside edge of your left drop-box needs to align with the outside edge of the ABS belt.  Moving it outward and then applying a dab of E-6000 on the rear of the strap will take care of this and keep it from wandering.

Reference images

nWUFRdm.jpg            vhKQ0gx.jpg?1  O55Jlhb.png?1  O2SBjAe.jpg?1

As seen in the reference images, the clips on the TD do not extend beyond the bottom of the canvas belt.  Some tin snips (or a hacksaw) and some low-grit sandpaper to smooth out the rough edges and you are good to go!

Reference images

7cHkpYG.jpg              Ll1QpA3.jpg?1  d9JGBKD.jpg?1  DPstzPT.jpg?1

Last up, I gotta' say that is one impressive blaster... you did a magnificent job getting rid of the 3D print lines!  Also, GREAT job on the weathering... not too much, not too little.  However, we are requesting that you move the Hengstler counter forward.  The rear of the counter should line up with the rear bolt of the folding stock.

Reference images

YHARy4M.jpg                BVT24vj.png?3  PgS3g6e.jpg

And that's it, sir!  Nothing listed above that you can't handle with those awesome build skills you have, so once you get those taken care of we fully expect to see that Centurion submission right after... and become a part of the "Original 500".  Great job!   :salute:

• Like 2

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-25622 Requesting Stormtrooper ANH Stunt EIB Status (1007)

Thanks everyone! I had kept refreshing this for a bit, but started a new job yesterday, and so completely missed the comments yesterday! 

Many of the suggested fixes are very doable. The thermal detonator is trickier, the caps are glued on, but I may be able to slowly, slowly cut the caps shorter with an exacto blade and then move the clips over and replace the screws. The Hengstler counter is also a tricky fix, as the mounts are fairly fixed in their location, but I can look at them and see what can be done. The rest all feels attainable. Thanks again!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OddViking327 said:

The Hengstler counter is also a tricky fix, as the mounts are fairly fixed in their location, but I can look at them and see what can be done. The rest all feels attainable. Thanks again!

If you PM me some detailed photos of how you have it mounted I can give you some pointers on how best to tackle this.

• Like 1