ANH Stunt first steps HDPE Helmet

DasVieh

Hi all,

today I received the small Brown box with a helmet. At first I want to ask if it is normal, that the helmet has " bubbels" ?

Do you think it is possible to sand them away ? I am a bit scared to damage the helmet.

Hopefully you can see what I am talking About.

Best regards

20201102_131250[1].jpg

Collage 2020-11-02 19_05_42.jpg

Edited by DasVieh

Nothing better than BBB's. 

Here's a thread in regards to the primers

Here are some references of the color

DaveMANH06.jpglarge.dsc02382_6363904497_o.jpg.ea3f9da7

Some nice bumps and lumps shown here 

origBrFront1.jpgorigBrFront2.jpg

A few builds using red primer

Hi, 

Today I am cutting the eyes. But I am unsatisfied. I think I remove to much from the right eye and maybe a bit less at the left. I used a knife. I also to try to get this original  look. And I am Not sure if I have remove all the Material near the nose.

Collage 2020-11-03 19_34_04.jpg

It's hard to tell with some of the shadows on the top two photos in your collage, but the bottom photo indicates that more trimming should occur on all the sides. Here's a photo from the Gallery, as well as the link to the album. Hopefully this is helpful! =)

gallery_14191_25_15962.jpg

• Like 1

Definitely could trim a little more out of those eyes, using sandpaper is a good way to smooth cuts and trim lines so they curve more. Many trim all of the return out of the eyes for a cleaner look, that's a personal choice and does not hold you up for higher level approvals.

Hey trooper,

Yes, you can definitely take quite a bit more out of the eyes. I’d suggest you use the gallery section of the forum and get some of the reference images of the eyes. Then, use your Pic Collage app to compares the reference photos with your work so far. That’s a great way to see how yours is looking in comparison. :-)

As you are doing, using a knife (carefully) can give you a much more authentic look. Too much sanding and smoothing can take away the ANH charm. ;-)

If it helps, I also built one of these DA Props HDPE lids a while back; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/47447-cableguy%E2%80%99s-hdpe-anh-stunt-helmet-da-props/

• Like 1

Hi all, 

only a small Update. First thank you for all your answers. 

I cut the eyes a bit more. And I also cut my finger two times hahahaah. But now the eyes are ready. I also attached the rivets on the sides. The colours arrives yesterday. I will use Tamiya surface primer oxid red and after that surface primer white. But after  using the red one I will let the helmet dry for a week. Hopefully it will not to cold outside at saturday. 

I am not really sure what white is the correct one for the finish......

After I spray the red primer I will proof where I can buy the chin strap. 

As soon I am understanding how I could Upload some more pictures I will send you some progress pictures. But for now the System do Not allow me to Upload some more pictures. 

And CableGuy I use your report allot as a reference.  :D

Now I am thinking also about the armor... I am Not sure if I want order one from RS or DA...... I must think about it...... 

Edited by DasVieh
  • Like 1

Many of us use an online image host Imgur which is free, some info in this thread:

• Like 1

Hi all,

at Saturday I painted the helmet. Firt I used the red primer.

EQDXxhE.jpg

T10feIg.jpg

IPo1rFl.jpg

Then some houres later, I used the white primer.. I am not sure but some times the primer Looks like White and grey.

Next Saturday I will paint the helmet with gloss White.

4B6gIeh.jpg

Next Saturday I will paint the helmet with gloss White.

Were the screws visible inside the helmet ( screen Version of the helmet )? I found some Pictures..... But I cant see the screws…. but the screws that were a part of the kit are good visible inside…. Maybe you can feel them on your face hahahahah.

Regards

Svante

• Like 1

Hi all,

Hi Cable Guy Thank you for the fast answer. The screws are Long ( poor trooper who go to the Ground and get in contact with them :) )

Today I received the coulor. Maybe I will paint the helmet tomorrow. But I I have to do some reaserch, because I am not 100 % satisfied with the screws outside. I am not really sure if they have to fit exactly ( 100 % )  

j4savqv.jpg

BNsSigX.jpg

qbU1j1n.jpg

UdciLsJ.jpg

The second Point is that I realized that one ear is  a bit higher then the second. The helmet was bought pre assambled.

I do not know If I want or should be fix it. I am a bit afraid to damage the primer...….. but Maybe I have to drill new holes.

5bBskkI.jpg

TuOPIYg.jpg

Hi trooper,

The ear screws on the outside are fine. The originals weren’t perfectly flat. No worries.

The differing height of the ears could be down to the faceplate alignment. It looks like you have quite a steep angle on the brow (yellow) and the faceplate perhaps a little higher in the back/cap (blue):

f827d1a6a9222a7065829375da1e765b.png

Do you have any photos from around 5 or 6 feet back from directly side on, front on and rear? Like this;

b24677b74b24093d57155641c0e71824.jpg

These sort of photos will help us to see the alignment. :-)