humbrol 5 paint

Here in the UK we cant get tester 1138 which is apain ,is it poss i could ask someone to buy a pot of tester 1138 and i can paypal them for it and shipping plus a little bit more ...i know this might sound cheeky just want to get my AP helmet and armour right :unsure:

If you don't shake up Humbrol paint really well it can come out all sorts of colors.

Ā 

Yeah. But I have same experience. May be bad batch, it was much lighter when dry, than color on can lid. I though for a first time, that I only didnĀ“t mixed it enought. But not, same result. I bought another can, few weeks after, but no time to check this second can.

Yeah. But I have same experience. May be bad batch, it was much lighter when dry, than color on can lid. I though for a first time, that I only didnĀ“t mixed it enought. But not, same result. I bought another can, few weeks after, but no time to check this second can.

Tom ime with you the colour is not wot it is on the lid :blink:

I've too noticed a slight change in colour.... must be a dodgy batch...

Ā 

My first tin was the correct colour, but the second was much lighter. Luckily I managed to scrape out the remains of my first one to keep the lid and TD the same colour.

Ā 

The second tin has since been retired to the bin.

Much as it pains me to say it, Humbrols quality has been going down hill for the last few years ( ever since they were forced to change their ingredients ).

I have tins from 5 years ago which are still fine, but tins that I have bought within the last year that are solid already. :huh: Like most paints they have their rules to get the best results. I've found its best to shake the tin for a good 2mins followed by 2 mins stirring. This way you tend to get a consistant and correct colour.

Kev, PM me, I'll get you the paint (I'm in Canada) .. and might as well tell me other you'd need! :) They run for about 2$ here .. that's around 0.25 pounds :D

I asked yesterday in store and seller said, that color change is possible, because when they mix colors and try to have paint harmless to environment it can produce this color change. May be Humbrol wants from us to buy paint from someone else :)