Bulldog44 DVH E-11 Blaster Kit & Mixed Blaster Part Builds 2020

Bulldog44

Wow, Brian! Looking at the first three photos, it is hard to believe this is a resin receiver. No bend, no warp. Looks great. :duim:

Didn't expected a functional folding stock from resin. :shok: Isn't that a fragile part? Good job done on that - and the whole blaster, erm Sterling. ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, T-Jay said:

Wow, Brian! Looking at the first three photos, it is hard to believe this is a resin receiver. No bend, no warp. Looks great. :duim:

Didn't expected a functional folding stock from resin. :shok: Isn't that a fragile part? Good job done on that - and the whole blaster, erm Sterling. ;)

Thank you Tino! 
To be honest I cannot say if the receivers can be bend free with each casting. I did 2 more castings and those had a slight bend because I did not have the mold perfectly straight before the resin cured. It will take some time and practice to make good copies. 

The folding stock is fragile if you compare it to a real sterling or a metal replica but it’s not as weak as it may seem. The resin I use has a bit of flex to it so its not the type that shatters easily. It will probably crack if flexed too much but so far I have had no issues. :duim:Opens and latches closed like it should. 

• Like 1

The folding stock is fragile if you compare it to a real sterling or a metal replica but it’s not as weak as it may seem. The resin I use has a bit of flex to it so its not the type that shatters easily. It will probably crack if flexed too much but so far I have had no issues. :duim:Opens and latches closed like it should. 

Yeah, people think the resin stock would be super fragile. But, they are stronger than you think. I always say whith my kits that they are cast so as they are functional but they're cast in this way for a more accurate detail rather than to be used all of the time. They are a nice part of the replica to be able to play with though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CTID said:

Yeah, people think the resin stock would be super fragile. But, they are stronger than you think. I always say whith my kits that they are cast so as they are functional but they're cast in this way for a more accurate detail rather than to be used all of the time. They are a nice part of the replica to be able to play with though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:duim:Thanks for adding that. Agreed, it’s more for detail than functionality.
It’s great to see you have made your kits to have these features. It’s a lot of extra mold making and casting but the results are worth it.