Imperial Arms 3D E-11 (version 3) kit

OddViking327

Modification continued:

I used the Bondo "Glazing and spot putty" to patch the spot from removing the mounts, and to fill the holes on the counter. I also used it on the "keyhole" repair, which will be shown below.

43tnT1H.jpg

At the hardware store, I purchased a few different varieties of 6/32" bolts and threaded inserts. On the scope, I drilled out the holes larger, put in some CA glue, and then used an allen wrench to screw in the threaded inserts. For the rear sight, because the pieces were tighter fitting, I used a different type that just gets glued in (CA glue again). These inserts (if they hold well) should keep the new rail strongly mounted, as well as allowing it all to be removable:

j0QUe4a.jpg

Finally, the "keyhole" slot that was incorrectly placed on the side of the muzzle. It should be just a standard hole, and I figured now was the time to fix that too. Because it is just a small rectangle of plastic with a curved edge, I first drilled a large hole in the plastic, and then cut the rectangle off of the edge of that hole. It is difficult to lower a piece that small into place with glue, so I took a scrap of white ABS and bent it into a small hook, and glued the piece on to it with a small dot of CA glue, and dried it with accelerator spray. Then applied glue to the black piece, and held it in place with the hook, while I sprayed with accelerator. Then (after holding my breath), broke the white piece off of its weaker glue spot, leaving the square in place. Two coats of Bondo glazing and spot putty, and it now is looking as it should:

w7AI2Rl.jpg

So now I will just need to drill some holes in the rail, hopefully in the precise locations, and then create the Hengstler mount bracket to get it all completed. I have the reference thread, and with it I plan to just eye the location for the scope and counter, but if anyone has a precise left side view of the blaster with measurements, I would welcome the reference.

• Like 1

Modification complete:

I finally got the remaining pieces finished. The repair on the rear of the tube was done, and I aligned the scope based on the reference (rear foot lines up with the folding stock swivel point). Then, after a bit of measuring, I created my Hengstler mount (after looking at more reference, I ended up trimming it where I drew the line. I had guessed at 25mm away from the rail, but 13mm was more correct, so I altered it before bending it:

RRMNnWj.jpg

Once I got it all mounted to the rail through the scope, then I got the Counter aligned, and marked the location. I drilled holes and screwed in some threaded inserts (with CA glue to help it stay solid inside the infill of the 3D print). Now all that was left was to put it all together!

6kyQelI.jpg

All done! I assembled it all together, and now the scope, rail, and counter are in the right place, and it looks way more accurate with the aluminum rail. And the good part is, with all of my threaded inserts, it can be disassembled if needed, without having to break any glue. That keyhole is filled, so now I can honestly say, it really feels great to have it up to a higher level of accuracy. Thanks @justjoseph63 , @T-Jay , and @gmrhodes13 for keeping me on the path of striving for a better blaster!

kVKmlqG.jpg

• Like 2

Nice fix on the front end hole. Always more fulfilling to go the extra distance to make it the best it can be. That is one beautiful blaster you made and should be very proud of your work on it! Excellent work! :duim:

Edited by Bulldog44

UPDATE May 2021: Imperial Arms 3D just released their V4 blaster today, which, based on this feedback on my build, has addressed all of the placement and accuracy issues (keyhole, knurled sights, some missing screw spots, and most notably, the scope and hengstler counter locations). Imperial Arms V4 E-11 blaster

The only thing people might consider modding is to make an aluminum rail like I did, but his kit is now much easier to build "off the rack" now. Just be sure to do the work, and finish those print lines!

• Like 1