TK-26306 Requesting ANH-S TK EIB Status [Anovos] (1006)

Mandatory Information

Costume = Stormtrooper, A New Hope (Stunt)
Costume CRL Link = https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Name =  Daniel Jimenez
TK ID = 26306
Forum Name = Lord Q
Legion Profile = https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=33045
Garrison/Squad = Costa Rica Garrison 
Armor = Anovos (Ensemble, modified)
Helmet = Anovos 

Optional

Height = 5.67ft 0in, or 173cm
Weight = 167lbs, or 76 KG
Boots = Local Shoemakers
Ammo belt = Anovos
Canvas belt = Imperial Issue
Holster = Anovos
Hand Plates =  Anovos
Gloves = rubber chemical gloves
Neck Seal = Anovos

Blaster= Rubies

1. Full Body 

1.1 Front

oihUmrn.jpg

1.2 Back 

dcYHv9O.jpg

1.3  Right Size 

4sib55F.jpg

1.4 Left Size 

351Msez.jpg

1.5 Play Action 

HOkDwLS.jpg

1.6  Helmet Off

fqbLIKV.jpg

2. Armor Details 

2.1 Forearms 

QGj3B45.jpg

2.2 Back (reverse)

ZLZlvdZ.jpg

2.3 Knee

JiZPWE0.jpg

WySV8B6.jpg

TJdxhMh.jpg

2.4 Chest (reverse)

ytdKBZA.jpg?1

2.5 Abdomen Armor 

0WclzM8.jpg

u0AFqf0.jpg

2.7 Posterior Armor 

6Y15VkZ.jpg

2.8 Abdomen (down)

B7H1c4E.jpg

2.9  Rigth  thigh

Rzdq8Nh.jpg

n08szYa.jpg

FxWTyuV.jpg

0YWHus2.jpg

pn7RFvT.jpg

2.10 Shoulder Straps 

QXMoS78.jpg

3. Helmet

3.1 Front

9sYpfdK.jpg

3.2 Back 

3k0ijLC.jpg

3.3 Rigth 

VRxMCnx.jpg

3.4 Left

U1HkR0L.jpg

3.5 Mouth 

vKHSXQ2.jpg

3.6 Inside

LqDGflO.jpg

3. 7 Screw 1

QPVkYRd.jpg?1

3.8 Screw 2 

iJtQsFz.jpg?1

AJ6gciB.jpg

4. Accesories

4.1Thermal Detonator 

sphuYxu.jpg

xfdaRO0.jpg

4.2 Belt

4.2.1 Front

KpY22tI.jpg?1

4.2.2 Back 

kgrJpTL.jpg?1

4.3 Neck 

FHdCmxt.jpg

4.4 Gloves

xqW29eY.jpg

5. Blaster

Ar51lnm.jpg

btMeiuH.jpg

Byzq7W1.jpg

i8lj0dF.jpg?1

6. Holster

ie3iRoE.jpg?1

7. Boots

Ed4YEY3.jpg

bkhPm49.jpg

Edited by Lord Q
  • Like 1

Daniel, want to wish you the best of luck with your EIB.  The DO's are incredible and they will help guide you along.  I just want to give you one little note, use some fine grit sandpaper suck at 1500 or 2000 and smooth out some of the edges of the armor.  It will give you a super sharp and clean look and it will also help with your under suit not getting snagged on it.  Also, see if you can clean up a little bit of the visible glue.  Great build by the way and you will do great.  Looking forward to congratulating you on your EIB.  If you have any questions or want any more input, feel free to message me.  But I think the DO's will guide you very very well.  Have fun with the process.  You got this brother.

• Like 2

hace 34 minutos, equuspolo dijo:

Daniel, want to wish you the best of luck with your EIB.  The DO's are incredible and they will help guide you along.  I just want to give you one little note, use some fine grit sandpaper suck at 1500 or 2000 and smooth out some of the edges of the armor.  It will give you a super sharp and clean look and it will also help with your under suit not getting snagged on it.  Also, see if you can clean up a little bit of the visible glue.  Great build by the way and you will do great.  Looking forward to congratulating you on your EIB.  If you have any questions or want any more input, feel free to message me.  But I think the DO's will guide you very very well.  Have fun with the process.  You got this brother.

Hello, thanks i will to consider it. Pura Vida!!!! 

• Like 2

Nice work, a few things before the DO's get here: 

A few of your images are a bit blurry so you may need to replace those as it's hard to see some details.

Looks like you have some pretty big biceps which makes them sit to the sides while wearing, your left is really noticeable, if you can't reduce the size of them you may want to try some foam in the inside to help them sit central, they won't be as noticeable if they sit central. Also try to make sure your legs match alignment, coverstrip to coverstrip. Thigh heights are not quite matching as well.

UadwMRb.jpg?1&key=da607ec36d224eeb9b2ad9

You should remove the excess glue, rub with thumb or use a scrap of plastic to push off

JiZPWE0.jpg&key=9016577fc29071f4f397b283

n08szYa.jpg&key=de529b21b5a737052821962b

Mobility cuts on the rear are not that angular on screen references. Thigh heights on rear are different, also left appears to be hitting the butt plate

dcYHv9O.jpg&key=1ac586e025cea3d74454939elarge_mob1.jpg.237b0e474b05f64f9e489fd1b

You have a lot of extra fabric belt material which could be trimmed off, normally belt is covered by the TD

imageproxy.jpeg-6.jpg.8f83171e961f6c38abd0e4aeec28a9a4.jpg

You could tighten the lines on your vocoder paint, mainly the rounded areas. Can't quite tell if you have replaced the hovi mesh, Anovos is too fine.

9sYpfdK.jpgKKZqeB8.jpg?2&key=38e25df309a40b8bc5b1cf9ZBQOLM.jpg?3&key=cf5e59677b6f2bd9c150b1

Good luck with approval

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daniel, and thank you for your application for Expert Infantry

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to EI!  On behalf of myself and the entire D.O. staff, congratulations!!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor.  Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

First, I have to say SUPER nice job overall on this build, sir... your attention to detail is fantastic!  There are a few items in this section that we feel could use some of that TLC that you used on the rest of your armor, so let's get started!

1.  The paint on your vocoder looks pretty good, but it should be more symmetrical with more definition on the tops of the raised ridges.  Easy fix!!

Reference images

EmbRj0p.jpg            Hw0lIjQ.jpg?1  8k0fctU.jpg?1

2.  Just a simple strapping issue here, but it looks like your right bicep is riding a bit higher than the left one, creating different sized gaps.  Raising it an inch or so would make a big difference in the overall look and even out the spacing.

6fdLA4I.jpg

3.  This one is a little more complicated.. 

The left thigh is riding up under (and over) the posterior plate (photo 1).  BUT, since you do not have the space to lower it (photo 2) I am suggesting that you trim off the top a little to give you a better gap there.  

They also sit at different heights, so I am also recommending that you trim off some of the top of the rear of the right one and raise it up so that they sit at the same height.  The front image (photo 3) shows that you have some room there to raise it and this will give you a more symmetrical look.

1.                                     2.                                       3.                                                Reference image

LqFzx4x.jpg   KuVbPQt.jpg   FdMdhZ4.jpg          Nw6aFdg.jpg?1

4.  At present, your mobility cuts are pretty angled.  Not all troopers seen in the film(s) had them, but those that did had more of a rounded finish.  An easy fix with a Dremel tool, but be careful not to go below the bottom of the raised ridge.

Reference images

9Og32t5.jpg                                  NIBQP5l.jpg?2   VrWrwZ8.jpg?1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Since Centurion is the top tier, we look a lot closer at the small details, Daniel.  Starting from the top..

You have a few issues with your Anovos helmet, but none that can't be remedied!

The tube stripes are much too far away from the cheek.  There should only be a "pencil width" gap between them.  If you (hopefully) decide to go for Centurion and can remove the existing stripes, I will send you a set of decals to replace them (no charge, just PM me).

Reference images

JBGMcC7.jpg        nO5I4l7.jpg?1   LvQ18gd.jpg?1   

This is an issue I have not seen before on an Anovos helmet:  Normally, their ears have the correct screws on the top and center and an incorrect one (round head) on the bottom.  However, in your case that is reversed.  For level 3, all ear screws must be "...slotted, flat head and countersunk".  The bottom ones are fine, but the top 2 on each side will need to be replaced.

Reference image

whZ7qMa.jpg          06f8nJx.jpg?1  EazmF03.jpg?1 

Although your ab-button paint is correct in the fact that it stays above the raised area of the actual button, the edges are pretty ragged and need to be rounded out more.  

Reference images

8fWBoCq.jpg  2RSZRsL.jpg           7Kvtvz6.jpg?2  VGywbaf.jpg?1      yiWoxp1.jpg?1  rPE1Czn.jpg?1

Another easy strapping issue here... as per the CRL, there should be no gap between the ab/kidney connection.  Just tighten up your belt a bit and you are golden!

Reference images

IXagIUV.jpg          5QfSULA.jpg  l7zvjoc.jpg  KCf38IJ.jpg

The fitment on the rest of your armor is textbook, but unfortunately the biceps are pretty large and will need to be reduced in circumference. 

• Requirements for all 501st costumes are proportional to the wearer in scale, fit and size.

It's just a matter of popping off the rear cover strip, cutting the sides down and re-gluing them.  Should take you all of 15-20 minutes + dry time for the E-6000.

xo4z366.jpg GfocZC6.jpg           aWG5LBq.jpg  F3v16bu.jpg  MbDKCcW.jpg  k1mWa7e.jpg

As Glen mentioned, you have a lot of seepage of E-6000 in a couple of areas.  This is the easiest fix EVER!  Just CAREFULLY use a razor knife to lightly cut along the edges of the cover strip and then use your thumb to rub off the glue.  

c41A3bb.jpg  z7jqug3.jpg

For Level 3, your hand guards must be of the flexible type.

Reference images

0LbWr1f.jpg?1           N3aguBJ.jpg?1   Pv3TOaP.jpg?1

And last up:  As per the CRL, Hasbro blasters (even modified) are not permitted.

avvg7Eu.jpg?1

As I mentioned earlier, you did a wonderful job on this armor, sir.  Hopefully you can spare an hour or two to take care of the issues above and we will see your submission for Centurion soon!  I have faith in ya', brother, and if we can be of any help, just ask....  :salute:

• Like 2

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-26306 Requesting ANH-S TK EIB Status [Anovos] (1006)