Should I buy a Kit ?

DasVieh

Hello all, 

some days ago I bought a HDPE helmet. Hopefully it will arrive next week. Now I am not sure what way I should go. 

I want to buy a armor ( without helmet ) from RS 

My options: 

A should I buy a ready to wear armor 

B should I buy a kit ? 

What do you think ? Is it very hard to build a Kit? 

At the end I want a Display armor. For me it is more important to have a armor near to the screen version than a practical one. 

I am a bit afraid to buy the kit. Because my manual skills are low hahahaha . 

And my wallte is afraid of buying a ready to wear armor ;). 

So what is the opinion of the experts? 

Edited by DasVieh
  • Like 1

Hey trooper,

We all started where you are at one point. Never built a kit before and a bit nervous on whether you’ll get it right or not...

But, as long as you do your research and take your time, there is no reason why you can’t make a great set of armour.

The RS build videos are an excellent start, plus the information and expertise you’ll find here. :-)

Either way, the FISD has your back.

Hello and welcome, lots of great build threads to follow here and plenty of knowledgable people reading and waiting to offer feedback and assistance.

If you have ever put a plastic model kit together then this is just the same. It can be a very rewarding challenge building your own armor as you take pride in your achievement.

Yes you can purchase a ready to wear but you may find you will still need to do a little work to get everything sitting just right.

Either way there are many who have purchased RS armor either way and the majority have had little issue.

Good luck which ever you decide.

• Like 2

The other big thing you can’t replace is the feeling you get from building your own kit.
You will be asked multiple times once you are approved and trooping where you bought your armour and you will be able to take pride in stating you built it yourself from a kit.
You will learn new skills and be able to talk in confidence about the experience and joy that it is. I promise you, you will not be disappointed if you assemble it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The other be thing you can’t replace is the feeling you get from building your own kit.
You will be asked multiple times once you are approved and trooping where you bought your armour and you will be able to take pride in stating you built it yourself from a kit.
You will learn new skills and be able to talk in confidence about the experience and joy that it is. I promise you, you will not be disappointed if you assemble it yourself.

YES, to Andrew, you listen.

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

Good morning!

Completely agree with the previous comments before me. The question your asking is really your question.

To their point. Some people prefer to have that experience. And some are looking for the fast route.

I will tell you my choice. I chose to buy, yes at a high cost, a fully commissioned set of armor. I did a lot of research, and I’ve also purchased the posible mannequin, electronics, etc. I have a degree in ME, PSY, BA, and Statistics. I am more than capable to build my own. But for me.. my decision came down to Volunteering and Trooping.

I highly desire to help people. I have personal experience with children with needs and I saw the affect in their spirits and strength when the troopers come and volunteer. It fills my heart immeasurably.

That was my deciding factor. But much like different ingredients in chicken soup, even the 501st needs variety of people.

You should decide what gives you the most benefit, personally.

Either way, you’ll not be disappointed.

Good luck future trooper!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

CableGuy: 

Thank you for the encouraging words. 

It is also a good idea to watch the Videos from RS. For the DA helmet I start to watch your Videos :). And you are right why should it Not possible for me. 

Gmrhodes: 

Also a Big thank you to you ! Always I asked sth. You are one of the first to Help. 

Sly11: 

I had this thoughts too. It must be a great feeling to look at something and say: I have built it. Maybe you are right and that is a good way. I only was afraid to damage this nice armor...and it cannot be repaired. 

Masked V:

Ok :))) 

Harder:

I thing you made the perfect decision.

And wow......your deciding factor is incredibly great ! I hope you will bring a lot of fun and luck to this children/people. 

And I am sure that you are able to build an armor by your own:). 

So like I said the helmet will be a assebled. I have to make the painting. I also asked DA to let the eyes inside. I thought there is Maybe a Special way to cut them for a screen accurate look. :)

But when the helmet arrive I will go to the building  section.

He also send me some pictures….but I am not sure if I have the permission to upload them. 

Edited by DasVieh
  • Like 2