501st membership/approval questions

Hello everyone, after searching throughout this forum for a while I am still confused as far as becoming a 501 member. Do you have to join as a basic imperial TK or can you jump straight to the detachment you're wanting? (In my case I'm thinking of an Enlisted Alley Door Check TD (MEPD). And for clarification, is the first step is getting armor/getting it to 501 code, then getting armor approved and receiving your TK id,and going to your specific detachment and applying again? and to join your local garrison you apply to them also? I'm overwhelmed in information and not quite sure the steps to take of becoming a TD and joining my local garrison (located in VA Beach so its The Sienar Fleet Squad(Eastern Virginia), part of Garrison Tyranus(Virginia), any help and guidance is appreciated:)

Micah

• Like 1

You can join any detachment as a recruit/member but you can't get 501st legion approval before owning a costume and having GML approval (garrison membership liaison) . Once you are approved you can seek higher access as a 501st member in any detachment BUT there is also an even higher level of access if you are approved with a costume which falls under that particular detachment, then you can apply for higher costume approval, MEPD has Police and Swat, here at FISD we have EIB and Centurion. 

Info on joining the 501st can be found here https://www.501st.com/members/join_form.php

Hi Micah, welcome to FISD.  Glad to read you're on the way of becoming a 501st member.

About your question to join de Legion and additional to what Glen has pointed, . you can find some helpful info Here   but   in general speaking the process is   easy once you have your armor ready. I would recommend to contact your local garrison or nearest one.  , you can find it  Here  they can bring you some more details.

You apply just a single time to enter, some detachment have high levels certification programs that are optional.

Hope this can give some better idea of what to do.

:salute:

12 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can join any detachment as a recruit/member but you can't get 501st legion approval before owning a costume and having GML approval (garrison membership liaison) . Once you are approved you can seek higher access as a 501st member in any detachment BUT there is also an even higher level of access if you are approved with a costume which falls under that particular detachment, then you can apply for higher costume approval, MEPD has Police and Swat, here at FISD we have EIB and Centurion. 

Info on joining the 501st can be found here https://www.501st.com/members/join_form.php

Okay sweet! So for confirmation, I get approved by my GML, fill out a 501st application, once I'm approved by the 501st I can then seek out approval for the police officer program in my case. right? Sorry if I'm still not understanding :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, micahman6525 said:

Okay sweet! So for confirmation, I get approved by my GML, fill out a 501st application, once I'm approved by the 501st I can then seek out approval for the police officer program in my case. right? Sorry if I'm still not understanding :)

You fill out your 501st application the same time as seeking GML approval, your GML needs a 501st application in the works to finalize approval, once the GML gives you approval the rest of the process is handled by the legion officers who will issue your TKID. Once approved you seek higher access on MEPD here, once granted you may apply for "Police" then on to "Swat" once "Police" approved.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You can join any detachment as a recruit/member but you can't get 501st legion approval before owning a costume and having GML approval (garrison membership liaison) .

Wait.. what?  

Glen are you saying I can apply or request access to TK ESB Detachment now?  My armor is ordered but it wont be here for another 2 weeks. 

Am I reading what you said correctly?  I thought the detachment access needed the 501st profile link?  Is that just a link, regardless of an approval? 

Sorry perhaps I should have explained it better, if you are asking if you can enter the ESB build areas YES you should have access already.

You may have missed this piece below, you can't access approved detachment areas (like merchandise) until you are approved and have your TKID

35 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

• Like 1