TK-40473 Requesting ANH-S TK EIB Status [Anovos]

Mandatory Information

Costume = Stormtrooper, A New Hope (Stunt)
Costume CRL Link = https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Name = Michael W.
TK ID = 40473
Forum Name = Crow2xs
Legion Profile = https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=32761
Garrison/Squad = Southern California Garrison, Orange County Squad
Armor = Anovos (Ensemble, modified)
Helmet = Anovos (V2, modified with @justjoseph63 hardware, upgraded mic tips)

Optional

Height = 6ft 0in, or 183cm
Weight = 175lbs, or 80kg
Boots = Imperial Boots
Ammo belt = Anovos
Canvas belt = Imperial Issue
Holster = Anovos
Hand Plates = flexible latex from justjoseph63
Gloves = rubber chemical gloves
Neck Seal = Anovos

Armor Photos

Helmet Off (unadjusted)

gOBSCkp.jpg

Full Body Front

FO6a17W.jpg

Full Body Back

9ylOKMO.jpg 

Full Right

IgvDv98.jpg

68OqLc5.jpg

Full Left

3hxQx3b.jpg
TDdQcVT.jpg 

Action Shot

MjzH5B7.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

Front

OH9BQIN.jpg

Left

BtRz0Sa.jpg

Right

cLzwXTb.jpg 

Back

A3ZpyGk.jpg 

Interior

9CBjtO2.jpg

S-trim Detail

a8yODHj.jpg 

Vocoder and Hovi Mic Tip Detail

JdaKQbe.jpg

Lens Color (Backlit if necessary)

AZMYWBw.jpg

Accessory Photos

Neckseal

mtF0BVv.jpg

Thermal Detonator

IaVtvlb.jpg
JPUc6VD.jpg

Ammo Belt Holster Attachment

dxdbx0v.jpg 

Boots

O6qSu6h.jpg
mtrHZjz.jpg

Blaster

S86qfGI.jpg
gAubUOK.jpg
xTl0Bhm.jpg

Optional

Interior Strapping

Xd8IbeZ.jpg

Ja5k0Id.jpg

Abdomen Detail

pmr5gRN.jpg

Cod Details

o8JEaFL.jpg

Gloves / Handguard Flex

OKjDy6d.jpg 

Sniper Knee Attachment (glue)

erguiiU.jpg
Yb23cii.jpg
wFBSz8g.jpg

Thigh Ammo Pack Attachment (split rivets)

nbwO68T.jpg
PhAeRWY.jpg

ZkUOG7U.jpg

oyXTpXL.jpg

Belt Box Back Detail (fully closed)

PkmyjQz.jpg

Wrist Return Edge Detail (none present)

1FRWqNk.jpg

Right Ab Snap Detail

3GUnW39.jpg

Thank you!

Edited by Crow2xs

Hi there you appear to be having some issues with your images, you need to use the "direct link" option

3GUnW39.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3GUnW39.jpg

oOhBb3r.jpg&key=6a30a72e134a6468c7f2ca6e

Great work, just a few things you could address before the DO's get started.

Looks like you may still have a little return edge left

396553516_img.thumb.jpg.581f3d5e9985f6a764780066495ccd95.jpg

Not a hold up but you could move your TD screws close to the ends of the brackets

JPUc6VD.jpg&key=868fa99ed1cf2dbe21ffe677

gallery_12157_51_98835.jpg

Appears you have a small gap between your ab and kidney Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide

68OqLc5.jpg&key=a8106b58cad6127e37f3332a

Watch your belt next time you suit up as it is on an angle on the rear

On the side image it looks like your belt has dropped down at the front. You may also be able to see a little bit of your neck seal coming out between the chest and shoulder bell

img%5D

Looks like you have a little too much paint on the tops of the teeth, common to Anovos helmets. Also a little extra material in the middle top of the lenses

2140605652_img(1).thumb.jpg.5be6110bd52afe6641d92b20276758a9.jpg

gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

Sniper plate is not quite on the ridge Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin ,  also could trim the curved area from the top sides

1713553490_img(2).thumb.jpg.7ccad30ac04cb73d83e8b74841e6a3d4.jpgTQSUjK8.jpg?1&key=5c87daba3670a8a36909c8Q5LXorf.png?1&key=98e9a57563375da7a7ca14

Blaster handles where plastic so no weathering should be seen

gAubUOK.jpg%5B

Good luck with approval

1 minute ago, Crow2xs said:

My apologies, please allow me to get back in and update the posting shortly.

If you have any issues let me know ;) 

Michael, welcome brother and good luck with the EIB.  I'm Los Angeles Squad so we will be meeting soon I hope.  Glen has given you some awesome pointers.  One thing that may help you out a bit is put a little bit of heavy duty velcro on the abdomen and attach some to the inside of the belt and that will help keep it in place, even if a snap gives.  It seems that you can tighten your belt and it will help it stay up a bit better and more straight.  If you need any help just message me.  You got this.  Have fun with the modifications and looking forward to your approval.

• Like 2

Hi Michael, looking great in your armor mate!!  just a small fix to your helmet prior to one of us start your review, 

The crl states  for basic approval:

Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. A total of 8 cut outs in the teeth area of the frown are present.
Note: The helmet is accurate in detail and proportion to official references.

Yours have a couple of basic issues that we are sure you can handle with in a few minutes.

Your will need you to  trim a bit the upper section of your eyes to avoid that "sleepy look"  and have the menacing sight of the Imperial Stormtroopers all fans wants to see.

N2DMnX6.jpg?1                        

Reference Images

gu6Asxj.jpg?2

Moving down, your frown paint  needs a reshape ,One suggested method is to use a toothpick with some ,NO ACETONE, paint remover. Personally   I have done this fix in several Anovos helmets by using a small cutting tool like a sharp knife or cutter, just being careful and little by little till reach the best result.  Easy for you Trooper.

bMAsUlF.jpg?2   5XJk77u.jpg?1  bTN1v0f.jpg?1

Reference Images

CJhfaii.jpg      

Cheers :salute:

• Like 1

Hi Michael! I'll be the DO doing your review. First I just wanted to check in to see if there's anything we can do to help. Definitely take as much time as you need, but please reach out if you have any questions. Next, I wanted to clarify that the only two changes we would *require* for your EIB submission are the frown paint fix that @TKSpartan indicated above, as well as reducing the ab/kidney gap on the right side since that is an EIB requirement

Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide.

•      Any shims used to achieve this effect are of a similar material and color as the abdomen and kidney armor. Shims fit flush and seams are allowed.

This isn't an area that we necessarily need you to break out the ruler for, but there is a significant gap on the lower part of the ab/kidney connection. Hopefully it can be corrected by tightening your belt, or you may need to add some strapping to bring the lower gap closer together. Note that a small gap is acceptable for EIB, but if you'd like to go for Centurion, that gap will need to be eliminated completely.

ACtC-3d5ITSTwBPmDdP1Rx1fAGZaPPbe-IniHV7ebZnEEGcisV5seNdb-tSWaaLakU4ZZrYCpX7iK1sGqSevMD6qfuqUMecFaJGYWLGZXXlTM2ZmD5Nk33DIWUlsRCx9zsNQWxVchJgABp8iIw6YLN-AGMrtNA=w1080-h852-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eOYuhCfjERSIo0pl51kNv46mQYKm-xaMCH

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @Crow2xs, just checking in to see if there's anything you need from us. There is certainly no hurry, and you should work on your application on your own time, but I want to be sure that we're not blocking you. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Checking in again - let us know if you need anything from us!

Hey @shashachu - I'm in contact with Michael and I know he's still intent on getting this resubmitted - it's just been difficult to assist him (and others) in person with their builds due to the rising Covid numbers out here in CA (/the US). We'll definitely get him squared away as soon as we safely can!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...