HDPE helmet...starting from top to bottom

DasVieh

Dear all,

today I join the forum and also bought an HDPE helmet. I wantet to paint one like cable guy :). ( I will try ). And after that I will go on step by step to complete a armor. 

But now the question. Like I said I ordered a HDPE helmet. I was asked  if I want a pure kit or if I want the kit basic assembly.  Basic assembly = includes trimming and assembly of all the parts, no painting. Iordered the basic assembly Version because I never build such a project.

Now I am a bit affraid that the brow is not in the right position ( Not like the brow on screen and also wrong to my taste ) when the helmet arrives. I do not like it if the brow is to low or to high. Is there a possibility to fix this if the brow is not in right position? I am afraid that there are holes from the screws that destroy the screen look that I  streve for. 

Hopefully my question is clear. :) English is some times a bit hard for me. :).

Thank you all.

Svante.

• Like 2

Hello and welcome.

The height of the brow can be changed depending on how your assemble the helmet, tilting the faceplate forwards or backwards can adjust the brow trim, you can also trim extra material in some cases to adjust the height.

Looking forward to seeing your build progress, good luck

For reference here's couple of Dan's build threads

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD Svante.

Don't be afraid mate, everything has a solution.  Hoping you don't need to make any fix to your helmet, but we would like to see some photos when It arrives.

We are here to help.

Cheers :salute:

Sounds like an exciting project, Svante. Looking forward to following along. :-)

As others said above, the brow height can be adjusted with the faceplate alignment. Hopefully it is how you want it when it arrives; however, if it’s not, it can still be adjusted a little. (We’ve got your back).

Oh, and your English is EXCELLENT! No worries there, Trooper.

Best wishes
Dan

Hello all, 

Gmrhodes: Thank you for the build threats. I have allready devoured them some days ago. And when the helmet arrives I will read them again...and again and again :). 

I also watched some of cableguys videos. :)

TkSpartan: Thank you for your encouraging words. I am a little bit scared about the worke :). But I think this is the right place do get the job done. When the helmet arrive I will send a picture very fast ! I promise ;)

Sly: I will do so :). Thank you. 

vor 14 Stunden schrieb CableGuy:

Sounds like an exciting project, Svante. Looking forward to following along. :-)

As others said above, the brow height can be adjusted with the faceplate alignment. Hopefully it is how you want it when it arrives; however, if it’s not, it can still be adjusted a little. (We’ve got your back).

Oh, and your English is EXCELLENT! No worries there, Trooper.

Best wishes
Dan

Hi Dan ( CableGuy ),

a special THANK YOU to you;). I will Start this project because of your threats. Some weeks ago I started to looking around. Like the last years I was at the RS propmaster side and was dreaming. At this Moment I was at my 20 year dream mode ( only for looking around) .... But than there was it. A HDPE helmet.... And I thought. Oh wait....the original helmets were not out of ABS?  that is interestig. So I looking around and found this Website ( white amor) . I read a lot...

So the HDPE helmet piqued my interest. 

The Website kindled the fire even more. 

But then I was about to give up. I was so interested in the HDPE helmet.. but I thought it is a little bit crazy to spend so much money for the RS Helmet..... But then I found your threats about the HDPE Helmet .... and this helmet looks amazing ( paintjob ). And it is a little cheaper. Than I read all your posts.... And after that I decided that I will start this project! Some minutes later I ordered a kit from DA props. 

:)

One question. If I get started. Should I stay at the replica Forum....or should I go to another forum for posting my progress? ( Not only for the helmet. Also for a armor). 

Have a nice day ( all of you ) 

Edited by DasVieh
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, DasVieh said:

One question. If I get started. Should I stay at the replica Forum....or should I go to another forum for posting my progress? ( Not only for the helmet. Also for a armor). 

I would suggest moving to the build sections, you will get a lot more feedback there, ANH is here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

• Like 1