Question about EIB and Centurion ESB builds.

Harder

Hello, apologies if some of this has already been asked. I was able to find most answers to my many questions on the 501st CLR page. But some Im just not sure about.

Are the hand plates made of rubber or silicone? Or are they hard plastic for Centurion?

What is a “S” neck? Btw don’t google that.

The white elastic that holds down the shoulder pieces, that is attached to the larger white elastic of the chest and back over the shoulder. Yes? How wide is the shoulder white elastic?

Bicep below or tucked in the shoulder piece for centurion?

Do the ear piece rank colors specific to the button? Can someone show me a side picture of centurion for both ears please?

May I put feet stirrups in the shin guards to help keep them down on the boot?

May I put black mesh behind the frown in lieu of the typical silver mesh to help conceal my face?

Will installing the UKsWrath Hovi iComm tips invalidate the helmet for centurion?

The CRL states “AM v1” chest and back to replace for more screen accuracy. Can someone explain this? And second part of this question.. will the RSPro Commission built pieces meet that criteria?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome to see another trooper wanting to build for Centurion right off the gate! Not a deployment officer by any means (deployment officers = people who evaluate your build for EIB/Centurion), some answers to get you started. 

Are the hand plates made of rubber or silicone? Or are they hard plastic for Centurion?

I've only seen the hard plastic ones since they're the same as Snowtrooper hand plates.

Now I REALLY want to Google it! But here's a nice picture of an "S" neck from one of the ESB Centurion builds - https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48157-tk-29413-requesting-esb-centurion-status-afp-449/ (scroll down to "S-trim"). It's just the rubber thingy that runs along the opening of the helmet/

The white elastic that holds down the shoulder pieces, that is attached to the larger white elastic of the chest and back over the shoulder. Yes? How wide is the shoulder white elastic?

Err ... mine was 1/8th of an inch, it's pretty thin. Might need someone else to jump in here.

I think this is tucked in. Please check the recent Centurion apps. This is more of a dressing issue usually.

Do the ear piece rank colors specific to the button? Can someone show me a side picture of centurion for both ears please?

Not sure what this means ...

May I put feet stirrups in the shin guards to help keep them down on the boot?

As long as it's not visible you should be able to do whatever you want. Some folks use velcro to hold their shins to the boots, though once you get dressed this tend not to be an issue. (gravity)

May I put black mesh behind the frown in lieu of the typical silver mesh to help conceal my face?

Should check w/ your local GML (people who approve your basic costume). This isn't specified in the CRL, so maybe one of the DOs can help out. Also, I am #TeamNoMesh - I find wearing the black balaclava underneath hides the face anyway.

Will installing the UKsWrath Hovi iComm tips invalidate the helmet for centurion?

Can you link a photo of the hovi tips for folks to see?

The CRL states “AM v1” chest and back to replace for more screen accuracy. Can someone explain this? And second part of this question.. will the RSPro Commission built pieces meet that criteria?

No need to worry about this line - AM is one of the armor makers ... and since you are asking about RS, likely not something you need to worry about. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the quick reply and detailed feedback.

For the Hovi tips.. this is what I purchased.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/525718278/stormtrooper-audio-system-wvoice?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=ukswrath&ref=sr_gallery-1-1&frs=1&cns=1

I will of course have to cut off the existing ones, drill a hole for the wires and bolt mount them.

Two follow ups.

1. For the shoulders I’ve seen screen images that suggest the ESB bicep armor is consistently “below” the shoulder. When I look at the CRL it doesn’t really say. When I read some of the applications.. o can physically see some are and some aren’t...but I want to know if it’s a requirement or not. I prefer the tucked.

2. For the ear marking.. I am referring to this:

8b43b963ad2ee47620022e9b029ee175.jpg

Thanks again for all the other answers!! Very helpful!

- CB

Hi Craig and welcome to FISD. 

Glad to read you're in the process of become a ESB Stormtrooper and the best part is that you're going for higher levels. :jc_doublethumbup:  , I would strongly recommend to start a Building thread here  so you can post photos  most of us use imgur to post photos directly into the threads and  receive a lot of tips and feedback of your build .

about your questions, i'll try to explain the best i can.

ESB Hand guards are hard plastic and the gloves can be rubber or satin

The "S" neck trim is the rubber seal that is placed in the bottom of the helmet.  "S" refers to the shape of the seal.

"S "Shape                                            'U' Shape

5L4L6h6.jpg?1    Cl0G6BJ.jpg            xjq86iR.jpg 

You can use 5mm elastic 

You can use a bit tucked shoulder for L3 , personally I like the ESB look with the shoulder below.  

whksazF.jpg?1

The ears have actualy 4 bumps, but only 2 or 3 painted 

gNKMl14.jpg?1    JKrDqwY.jpg?1

The mesh behind the frown is a Basic level, not for accuracy but   due to when in  Trooping, is preferable to hide your face from the public. You can use a balaclava of course . For Centurion, it's not a requirement but we will point it as a suggestion

They're approved for Centurion Level.

The CRL states “AM v1” chest and back to replace for more screen accuracy. Can someone explain this? And second part of this question.. will the RSPro Commission built pieces meet that criteria?

The AM V1 Chest , as I know is a no longer available, it's an old version and different from screen used.

RS prop is a great  choice.

AM V1                                                               

rJxtcn4.jpg?2   kFqc9aJ.jpg?1  

Recent version AM   

NsFAp6y.jpg?1     XCSFxNh.jpg?1

Hope this can help you.  :salute:

• Like 1

Hi Craig and welcome to FISD. 

Glad to read you're in the process of become a ESB Stormtrooper and the best part is that you're going for higher levels. :jc_doublethumbup:  , I would strongly recommend to start a Building thread here  so you can post photos  most of us use imgur to post photos directly into the threads and  receive a lot of tips and feedback of your build .

about your questions, i'll try to explain the best i can.

ESB Hand guards are hard plastic and the gloves can be rubber or satin

The "S" neck trim is the rubber seal that is placed in the bottom of the helmet.  "S" refers to the shape of the seal.

"S "Shape                                            'U' Shape

5L4L6h6.jpg?1&key=ed3f2a3c5cc3fe54c92efc12e3fea3e4481c8d73aa3aa4e0112473eda81faefa    Cl0G6BJ.jpg&key=b5d8ad0ec8079e74b0f11f48fc2f747348c55e51214823d655b0e6a665fca1c4            xjq86iR.jpg&key=15d4ab6562e1c85d68213ac72fbe2e79717b7c00c486b4f81687a20ca02c5276 

You can use 5mm elastic 

You can use a bit tucked shoulder for L3 , personally I like the ESB look with the shoulder below.  

whksazF.jpg?1&key=9f0a84dfbe05bcd74226ff0944aeed68a7a4f4a88ad8fb0cbca5a2ce8c9b2af3

The ears have actualy 4 bumps, but only 2 or 3 painted 

gNKMl14.jpg?1&key=333f9583c7789f35ce5d71f133ea0ff1ebbcd810bbb430c2e808cf3d5b8c67c1    JKrDqwY.jpg?1&key=c534395db66c0cd763bfc16c7f03dd49755129ac2763e26278ab5847c6f9ae4c

The mesh behind the frown is a Basic level, not for accuracy but   due to when in  Trooping, is preferable to hide your face from the public. You can use a balaclava of course . For Centurion, it's not a requirement but we will point it as a suggestion

They're approved for Centurion Level.

The CRL states “AM v1” chest and back to replace for more screen accuracy. Can someone explain this? And second part of this question.. will the RSPro Commission built pieces meet that criteria?

The AM V1 Chest , as I know is a no longer available, it's an old version and different from screen used.

RS prop is a great  choice.

AM V1                                                               

rJxtcn4.jpg?2&key=fc341129f4f1879e5c605b96ce41d1681366b623ddc1aca549be6e9d13629c34   kFqc9aJ.jpg?1&key=c2aaa0b47cc177ed28b655938ec41b451e34462c7cf444116d41b7e8348373cb  

Recent version AM   

NsFAp6y.jpg?1&key=25469f4e8ed99b20e488cdeb9ab819cd7a7e3c12a67547637848d5be3058871c     XCSFxNh.jpg?1&key=8d6e25f0ae8864184914988ba2b46bc27b878463fc2108b932c371851061c0b2

Hope this can help you.  :salute:

Oh this is perfect!!!! Thank you!!