R1 DLT-19 WIP

TerribleBen

Very nice.

I made my sling, just using nylon webbing and added home made metal clips and plastic adjuster

Ckkw5OK.jpg&key=2483b833670ba23fcc779a67

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TerribleBen said:

Working on my armor today....thinking about my DLT.... What's the best way/place to make it break in two for storage and transport?

I have a threaded rod in the barrel and a recessed threaded section in the main blaster body so easy to separate, use two soft bags to keep the pieces safe. I've seen some use gun cases / boxes with foam in for transport 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Now that I have completed my armor and have joined the 501 I think my DLT-19 is next. I will be installing a coupling to the middle so I can break it down and adding a threaded end on the cocking handle for easier storage. My question is color....semi gloss body and gloss stock?  Not sure....hasn't seen any official colors for it on the forums. Thanks TK 10545

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TerribleBen said:

Now that I have completed my armor and have joined the 501 I think my DLT-19 is next. I will be installing a coupling to the middle so I can break it down and adding a threaded end on the cocking handle for easier storage. My question is color....semi gloss body and gloss stock?  Not sure....hasn't seen any official colors for it on the forums. Thanks TK 10545

I went with a flat finish on everything except the butt-stock.  For that I went with a natural wood finish as seen in ANH.

6s5wVvF.jpg?2    4yKl5Mj.jpg

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep it’s a beast! 48” in overall length! Thankfully it will only be a fraction of the 70.5 lb weight of the original with bipod! Can you imagine trooping with that weight?!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...