Bullseye Requesting ANH Stunt TK Pre-Approval (DA Props)

Bullseye

1.  Name:  David Nightingale

2.  Garrison:  Midwest Garrison 

3.  Armor/Helmet Maker:  DA Props

4.  Cloth Belt/Neck Seal:  Steph's Imperial Outfitters

5.  Boot maker:  Imperial Boots

6.  Blaster maker: TK11463

7.   Height: 6'3"

12.  Weight: 215 lbs

13.  TK type: ANH Stunt

14.  Names of Troopers who significantly helped with your build: Sam Meadows, Das Elkins, Clive Barzilla, Wayne Winfield, TKSpartan, gmrhodes13, Ukswrath, Kalani, Justjoseph63, TheRascalKing, and many, many others.  For those I missed putting this together my apologies, I couldn't have done it without you.

Front:

ibMJ9R4.jpg

Left:

uqTmuLB.jpg

J0KhuWK.jpg

Right:

oT26oEz.jpg

N25k9yd.jpg

Back:

Kld1rOB.jpg

Poses:

Rign0bD.jpg

XvTRBDi.jpg

Helmet:

v9psODY.jpg

JjTqcs1.jpg

Usu3J6Z.jpg

Gloves:

99cjLtX.jpg

TD:

UeCZ6Cl.jpg

Blaster:

ntwliVA.jpg

vIR0Q7k.jpg

Thanks in advance everyone.

• Like 1

Nice work, a few things but most being fitting and strapping:

Your drop boxes need to align with the ends of the plastic belt

Need to rotate your forearms so the cover strips are facing forward

You have a big gap around the knees, perhaps playing around with some strapping may help, drop your ab/cod down so your thighs could come down, bring shins up a little 

Looks like your backplate wants to come further forward as there is a gap between it and your back on the side image

Belt is too low at the back, it actually sits higher than the front, so angles upwards backwards

Could adjust your shoulder straps on the rear so they sit central to the back plate tabs

Close gap at top of shins on rear, add some ABS tabs behind so you can't see the black gap

On rear photo your right bicep needs rotating

I probably would have gone with slightly larger cover strips on the rear of the thighs as the ones you have now stand out a lot when looking at the added material, the right one is very noticeable.

Also the thigh cover strips should stop just short of the lower ridges, you are close but still a little long.

Also just watch the gaps on your shoulders to chest, they vary quite a lot through the photos.

A good idea to add some mesh behind your teeth, so the younglings can't see your face ;) 

A few tweaks and I'm sure you'll be fine, good luck

Appreciate the thoughts.  Lemme address each:

1. Your drop boxes need to align with the ends of the plastic belt

A: I’m gluing these down On the interior of the belt so they don’t move.

2. Need to rotate your forearms so the cover strips are facing forward

A: User error on that one. Hadn’t out this on in its entirety in a while. 

3. You have a big gap around the knees, perhaps playing around with some strapping may help, drop your ab/cod down so your thighs could come down, bring shins up a little

A: This is going to be an issue. I’m 6’3”-6’4” with long legs. I can probably Velcro-up the shins a bit onto the boot loops, but getting more length out of the shins is going to be an issue short of shimming the bottom of the shin. Not sure I can drop the cod/chest further. It’s stretched pretty thin as is. I’ll Velcro the shins and see if that helps. If not I’ll have to try to extend them with a shim. 

4. Looks like your backplate wants to come further forward as there is a gap between it and your back on the side image

A: Are you talking about the left side? I think that’s an issue with the kidney shim being a little too big. I’m going to have take the shim off at the kidney and shorten it by 1/2” on both sides. The kidney plate is bowing and that’s what’s giving the rising impression. 

5. Belt is too low at the back, it actually sits higher than the front, so angles upwards backwards
A: User error. I’ll note that. 

6. Could adjust your shoulder straps on the rear so they sit central to the back plate tabs
A: See the kidney/shim issue above. 

7. Close gap at top of shins on rear, add some ABStabs behind so you can't see the black gap

A: Easy fix. Thanks. 

8. On rear photo your right bicep needs rotating
A: User error

9. I probably would have gone with slightly larger cover strips on the rear of the thighs as the ones you have now stand out a lot when looking at the added material, the right one is very noticeable.
A: going to bring in the right thigh again. But how wide can I go?

10. Also the thigh cover strips should stop just short of the lower ridges, you are close but still a little long.
A. I’m not following this one. Are you talking about the front of the thighs?

11. Also just watch the gaps on your shoulders to chest, they vary quite a lot through the photos.
A: Going to shorten the bell straps to the bridges by an inch. That’ll bring them in. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

1. Your drop boxes need to align with the ends of the plastic belt

A: I’m gluing these down On the interior of the belt so they don’t move. :duim:

2. Need to rotate your forearms so the cover strips are facing forward

A: User error on that one. Hadn’t out this on in its entirety in a while. :duim:

3. You have a big gap around the knees, perhaps playing around with some strapping may help, drop your ab/cod down so your thighs could come down, bring shins up a little

A: This is going to be an issue. I’m 6’3”-6’4” with long legs. I can probably Velcro-up the shins a bit onto the boot loops, but getting more length out of the shins is going to be an issue short of shimming the bottom of the shin. Not sure I can drop the cod/chest further. It’s stretched pretty thin as is. I’ll Velcro the shins and see if that helps. If not I’ll have to try to extend them with a shim.  Was just a suggest for a better look but you may very well be at your limit for adjustment.

4. Looks like your backplate wants to come further forward as there is a gap between it and your back on the side image

A: Are you talking about the left side? I think that’s an issue with the kidney shim being a little too big. I’m going to have take the shim off at the kidney and shorten it by 1/2” on both sides. The kidney plate is bowing and that’s what’s giving the rising impression. :duim:

5. Belt is too low at the back, it actually sits higher than the front, so angles upwards backwards
A: User error. I’ll note that. :duim:

6. Could adjust your shoulder straps on the rear so they sit central to the back plate tabs
A: See the kidney/shim issue above. :duim:

7. Close gap at top of shins on rear, add some ABS tabs behind so you can't see the black gap

A: Easy fix. Thanks. :duim:

8. On rear photo your right bicep needs rotating
A: User error:duim:

9. I probably would have gone with slightly larger cover strips on the rear of the thighs as the ones you have now stand out a lot when looking at the added material, the right one is very noticeable.
A: going to bring in the right thigh again. But how wide can I go? This one I would check with your GML (garrison membership liaison) as they will have the ultimate say in your approval. I have seen some very wide coverstrips use before and approved. Looking at your thighs the cover strips appear to be on an angle, adding slightly larger straight cover strips will fill in some of the modified area, I would try 35-40 and have a look from there. On the right back you have an area on the top left which stands out, may be an angle piece, covering that would look better

ibMJ9R4.jpg.05eaa04ad7260d6542206a25dc7ec361.jpg

10. Also the thigh cover strips should stop just short of the lower ridges, you are close but still a little long.
A. I’m not following this one. Are you talking about the front of the thighs? Kld1rOB.jpg.d5ef4f25b0474b75a053a99d98e4ead6.jpggallery_12157_15_1150.jpggallery_12157_15_34529.jpg

11. Also just watch the gaps on your shoulders to chest, they vary quite a lot through the photos.
A: Going to shorten the bell straps to the bridges by an inch. That’ll bring them in. :duim:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

A: This is going to be an issue. I’m 6’3”-6’4” with long legs. I can probably Velcro-up the shins a bit onto the boot loops, but getting more length out of the shins is going to be an issue short of shimming the bottom of the shin. Not sure I can drop the cod/chest further. It’s stretched pretty thin as is. I’ll Velcro the shins and see if that helps. If not I’ll have to try to extend them with a shim.  Was just a suggest for a better look but you may very well be at your limit for adjustment

image.jpeg.90f21fd276a03297536e09aaa7c72f79.jpeg

How much can I drop the thighs? I’m going drop them next time around but I’m not sure how much leeway I’ve got. 

3 minutes ago, Bullseye said:

How much can I drop the thighs? I’m going drop them next time around but I’m not sure how much leeway I’ve got. 

Here's a tall EIB recipient for reference . Always a good idea to look through other's EI builds as a guide, especially search "taller" ;) 

• Like 1