TK-12399 Requesting ANH Stunt (AM 4.5) Centurion Status ANH Stunt (AM 4.5) [476]

Firedog

Name: Shawn Williams

Garrison/Squad: Florida Garrison/Parjai Squad

TK ID: TK-12399

Armor Maker: AM 4.5 (Dave's Darkside Depot)

Helmet Maker: AM  4.5 (Dave's Darkside Depot)

Cloth Belt Maker: Self made

Neck Seal Maker: Darman's Props

Boot Maker: Imperial Boots

Handguard supplier: JustJoseph

Blaster Maker: Quest Design Canada

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 205 lbs

TK Type: ANH Stunt

Received Help From: TKSpartan, Gmrhodes13, LTM, JustJoseph

EIB Approval: 

4lI17Qp.jpg

rnJ5fuP.jpg

pm0A0yj.jpg

GFDQSjy.jpg

WbncNqz.jpg

bJToWo6.jpg

a6PUanI.jpg?1

YsQ0tq1.jpg

FxAnY0S.jpg

JUC4mCb.jpg

nmZGgly.jpg

7ll6QEc.jpg

155Ag6k.jpg

v3ejsv6.jpg

QNrHi2e.jpg

MXtf1Ly.jpg

rrs17FY.jpg

vzg6RNS.jpg

fffgmxI.jpg

vS08aUE.jpg

LLZTzwc.jpg

YRKxRe1.jpg

qhNK0o7.jpg

5WbQvEZ.jpg

6gQG4yJ.jpg

86qAsqW.jpg

Eo9hfXS.jpg

K7ZOdwm.jpg

z5h0Iwo.jpg

c6Fitbm.jpg

b91vgR6.jpg?1

tOMQPiz.jpg?1

8g7kjWm.jpg

EIWpifi.jpg?1

ay9WSjj.jpg

ksDxCNF.jpg

eMIXhDx.jpg

5yBPgdG.jpg?1

2rMnuAn.jpg?1

LGbmLZt.jpg

Here's to hoping I didn't forget anything!

Edited by Firedog

• Firedog changed the title to TK-12399 Requesting ANH Stunt (AM 4.5) Centurion Status ANH Stunt (AM 4.5)
9 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Shawn, Great to see your Centurion App so soon !!  :jc_doublethumbup:  

One of us will be with you shortly. Mean while could you please add your EIB approval link to the top of this app ?

cheers  :salute:

Done, thank you. 

• Like 1

Hey Shawn,

Thanks so much for your patience. Joseph is swamped with doing merch runs, so I'll be taking over this review. You've done a superb job with your build, but there are a couple items which we'd like to see corrected before proceeding with your application.

First, the L3 CRL states 

• Canvas belt must be firm / sturdy in appearance. No creasing or sagging 

You've done a really nice job with your self-made belt, but I do see some creasing around the edges. It may simply be a matter of ironing out those creases, or maybe just adjusting the way you're wearing the belt.

ACtC-3dF0mteQBRVWGBwF-MhkJkAdBJ0aN0ancVn

Reference:

ACtC-3elOXj2rVfQgU2scev7HM5WwX-kKwZmH-Jd

Next, you've done a great job with the shoulder bell gap on the front, but the rear one is still a bit larger than we'd like to see.

• There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

Ideally there's essentially no gap but we understand that armor kits and troopers' bodies are different, so please do the best that you can. In your case it may just be a matter of trying to even out the gap between the front and rear.

ACtC-3f4KsnpPglSr_4NyV5nAOCyXUSGVNBHKDXL

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4s

Please let us know if you have any questions!

• shashachu changed the title to TK-12399 Requesting ANH Stunt (AM 4.5) Centurion Status ANH Stunt (AM 4.5) (Corrections requested)
49 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Hey Shawn,

Thanks so much for your patience. Joseph is swamped with doing merch runs, so I'll be taking over this review. You've done a superb job with your build, but there are a couple items which we'd like to see corrected before proceeding with your application.

First, the L3 CRL states 

• Canvas belt must be firm / sturdy in appearance. No creasing or sagging 

You've done a really nice job with your self-made belt, but I do see some creasing around the edges. It may simply be a matter of ironing out those creases, or maybe just adjusting the way you're wearing the belt.

ACtC-3dF0mteQBRVWGBwF-MhkJkAdBJ0aN0ancVn

Reference:

ACtC-3elOXj2rVfQgU2scev7HM5WwX-kKwZmH-Jd

Next, you've done a great job with the shoulder bell gap on the front, but the rear one is still a bit larger than we'd like to see.

• There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

Ideally there's essentially no gap but we understand that armor kits and troopers' bodies are different, so please do the best that you can. In your case it may just be a matter of trying to even out the gap between the front and rear.

ACtC-3f4KsnpPglSr_4NyV5nAOCyXUSGVNBHKDXL

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4s

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks Sha Sha. I have a piece of ABS plastic in that area on the belt for reinforcement for the holster. It looked great until I ran the iron over it. I may be able to remove it and iron it back out. I’ll also see what I can do with the shoulder bells. I was more concerned with the front gaps than the back, based off the CRL photo.

TK_anh_stunt.jpeg

3 hours ago, Firedog said:

Thanks Sha Sha. I have a piece of ABS plastic in that area on the belt for reinforcement for the holster. It looked great until I ran the iron over it. I may be able to remove it and iron it back out. I’ll also see what I can do with the shoulder bells. I was more concerned with the front gaps than the back, based off the CRL photo.

TK_anh_stunt.jpeg

Understood. Again, this isn't something we go crazy over, so just do your best. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 6:57 PM, shashachu said:

@Firedog No hurry at all, just wanted to be sure you weren't waiting on us for anything. We'll be here when you're ready.

It's been a very busy couple of weeks for me, so I haven't had an opportunity to work on the belt and suit up again. I'm hoping to be able to do that within the next few days.

I finally had an opportunity to take some photos. I replaced the images in question with updated images showing the corrections to the rear shoulder gap and the left side of the belt. I removed the ABS from inside the belt and ironed it out the best I could.  #fingerscrossed

• Like 1

Looks much better, Shawn! One last request: could you please post a photo of a more head-on angle of your hovi tips? They look like they're pointed down quite a bit but it could also just be the angle you took your helmet pics.

Yours:

GEefQgi.jpg?1     

Reference:

LmJlC5s.jpg?2 ROA5U9a.jpg?2 28Aba7p.jpg?2

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Looks much better, Shawn! One last request: could you please post a photo of a more head-on angle of your hovi tips? They look like they're pointed down quite a bit but it could also just be the angle you took your helmet pics.

Yours:

GEefQgi.jpg?1     

Reference:

LmJlC5s.jpg?2 ROA5U9a.jpg?2 28Aba7p.jpg?2

Sure! I believe it is just the angle of the photo, but I have replaced my original tips with Ukswrath's mic tips, so I'll take a photo of those this afternoon and post.

If you do need to adjust it is easy to cut a piece of rubber tube on an angle so you get a thin wedge, place the rubber wedge behind the mic tip, you can then rotate this wedge and it will adjust the angle of the mic tip.

12.png.627c4d89906f450f68e27d4d75dc2cbc.png

13.jpg.a4ff4e9034dea276db9fdbc298a34bbb.jpg

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your patience and for the fixes with your belt.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Centurion! On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we discuss areas that could benefit from additional improvement. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Nice job with the belt fix - it looks much better now. Ideally it'd still have bit of a firmer appearance - the originals were thick canvas. Not a blocker, but something to consider should you find yourself needing a new belt in the future.

ACtC-3dn1RK6AgcJdcPDF0_MIBvOUtE-cV1JMO-0

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eOYuhCfjERSIo0pl51kNv46mQYKm-xaMCH  ACtC-3dUMF-xfW7QD_49iW7NJ9-H5IwjOjRU1VfS

And that's it! Really beautiful job on your build. On behalf of the DO team, please accept our hearty congratulations on reaching Centurion!

• shashachu changed the title to TK-12399 Requesting ANH Stunt (AM 4.5) Centurion Status ANH Stunt (AM 4.5) [476]
53 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your patience and for the fixes with your belt.

CRL and Centurion Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Centurion! On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we discuss areas that could benefit from additional improvement. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Nice job with the belt fix - it looks much better now. Ideally it'd still have bit of a firmer appearance - the originals were thick canvas. Not a blocker, but something to consider should you find yourself needing a new belt in the future.

ACtC-3dn1RK6AgcJdcPDF0_MIBvOUtE-cV1JMO-0

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eOYuhCfjERSIo0pl51kNv46mQYKm-xaMCH  ACtC-3dUMF-xfW7QD_49iW7NJ9-H5IwjOjRU1VfS

And that's it! Really beautiful job on your build. On behalf of the DO team, please accept our hearty congratulations on reaching Centurion!

Thank you ShaSha. I used duck cloth with two layers of 3” elastic for reinforcement. I am open to suggestions on better ways And materials to construct the belt.

45 minutes ago, Firedog said:

Thank you ShaSha. I used duck cloth with two layers of 3” elastic for reinforcement. I am open to suggestions on better ways And materials to construct the belt.

I used duck cloth as well, I fold over and iron 3 times so there is actually 4 layers of cloth, as well as I add a plastic section for the holster area. 

15 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I used duck cloth as well, I fold over and iron 3 times so there is actually 4 layers of cloth, as well as I add a plastic section for the holster area. 

Thanks! I had a piece of ABS in the holster area but removed it because when I heated it to give some curve, it caused the elastic to bunch up some and left an impression of the shape in the canvas. Do you recommend foregoing the internal elastic then? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Firedog said:

Thanks! I had a piece of ABS in the holster area but removed it because when I heated it to give some curve, it caused the elastic to bunch up some and left an impression of the shape in the canvas. Do you recommend foregoing the internal elastic then? 

Don't think I've seen anyone us elastic inside, I would think it could gather the fabric causing wrinkles, personally I'd leave it out. I didn't event heat to bend, used some cheap plastic sign and it conforms nicely around the armor.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Don't think I've seen anyone us elastic inside, I would think it could gather the fabric causing wrinkles, personally I'd leave it out. I didn't event heat to bend, used some cheap plastic sign and it conforms nicely around the armor.

I found the belt tutorial with elastic here on the boards. Reworking the belt the way you have described should be an easy task.

• Like 1