Los Angeles Squadron

Armor Maker = Anovos - fully customized
Helmet Maker = Anovos - fully customized
Blaster Type = E-11 Made by Praetorian Blasters, Customized

Height = 5'10
Weight = 165
Boot Maker = Imperial Boots
Canvas Belt = Kittle Belt
Hand Plates = AM Armor Hand Plates - custimzed to fit and match.
Electronics =  Icomm, UKSWrath Amp, Selfmade Custom Fans and Battery Pack, Wireless Mic, Wireless connect to Aker Amp, Speaker
Neck Seal Type = Stormtrooper Undersuit, molded piping
Holster Maker = DarmansProps

Same Suit as my stunt  EIB-917  and  Centurion-439  Approved.

NOTES ON THE CHANGES AND MODIFICATIONS:  

THE HELMET:  This Helmet is an Anovos Helmet rebuilt from scratch.  All Stickers replaced to accommodate Empire Strikes back colors and stripes.  Tube Stripes are single stickers alternating white and blue as were used in Empire Strikes back.  All Stickers from TrooperBay.  Per ESB Helmet, this helmet copies the three stripes on the right ear and two stripes on the left ear.  Neck seal is S-Curve and lenses are flat lenses.   Helmet also follows the low brow example as seen on of the empire strikes back stormtroopers on a few scenes, but clear example of him in the very middle on the vader invitation scene on Bespin.

HOVI TIPS:  Opened up and painted white on the inside and rim is painted white as well, Anovoes mesh was replaced with appropriate wider mesh to match screen used mesh.

THE AB BUTTONS:  Ab buttons are squared off.  They were filed down and squared off.  They are sharp edges on all four corners of each. 

esbnohelmet.jpg

esbfront.jpg

esbback.jpg

esbright.jpg

esbrightarm.jpg

esbleft.jpg

esbleftarm.jpg

esbaction1.jpg

esbaction2.jpg

esbhelmetfront.jpg

esbhelmetback.jpg

esbhelmetright.jpg

esbhelmetleft.jpg

esbhelmetangle.jpg

esbhelmetlenses.jpg

tubestripes.jpg

esbhelmetstrim.jpg

neckseal.jpg

esbgloves.jpg

esbbelt.jpg

shoulderstraps.jpg

rivets.jpg

interiorsnaps1.jpg

interiorsnaps2.jpg

crotchstrap.jpg

abbuttons.jpg

thermoldet.jpg

belt.jpg

forearms.jpg

arms.jpg

bothshins.jpg

sniperplate.jpg

rightshin.jpg

leftthigh.jpg

rightthigh.jpg

rightammo2.jpg

boots.jpg

suit.jpg

esbblaster.jpg

esbblasterscope.jpg

Edited by equuspolo
  • Like 1

WOW!  Excellent job on this armor, Ardeshir, and I am WELL impressed with how you changed that bucket from ANH to ESB!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to remove all of the return edges from the sides/bottom of your posterior plate.  As seen in the ESB references below, there were none, and there was a definitive gap between the top of the thigh(s) and the posterior (butt) plate.  At present yours overlaps.  10 minutes with a Dremel and you are screen accurate, brother!

ESB reference images

2vWy7fl.jpg             36eMJVk.jpg?1  a5chSkZ.jpg?1  kXSmzWZ.jpg?1

One last favor, please add some close-ups of your blaster, in particular both sides of the scope.  THANKS!

2 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

WOW!  Excellent job on this armor, Ardeshir, and I am WELL impressed with how you changed that bucket from ANH to ESB!  If I could make a suggestion, it would be to remove all of the return edges from the sides/bottom of your posterior plate.  As seen in the ESB references below, there were none, and there was a definitive gap between the top of the thigh(s) and the posterior (butt) plate.  At present yours overlaps.  10 minutes with a Dremel and you are screen accurate, brother!

ESB reference images

One last favor, please add some close-ups of your blaster, in particular both sides of the scope.  THANKS!

Hi and thank you so much for the comments.  I would like to ask for grace on the posterior plate as I would like to have flexibility on the use of this armor for ANH as well.  As for the scope I will get those photos for you ASAP.  As

for the overlap, that is my error as there isn’t an overlap and that was me running back to spot before the timer released and I was just standing tilted hahaha.  

3 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

ESB reference images

Hey Joseph, so I uploaded the scope image you requested.  I am going to see if I can find another posterior plate and make a custom one for this.  If not, I am going to request a bit of grace on this.  First and foremost, I lowered that thigh piece because it was riding too high and that was my mistake, so thank you for pointing that out to me.  If I have time to suit up I will post another photo.  If I get another plate, I will trim it to your request and have a second plate for my esb.  If not, then I am going to ask for grace on this as I have seen a few others that are not trimmed down and I would hate to trim isolate this armor for only my ESB.  Appreciate it beyond words and as always thank you for your kind response and suggestions, I take them all to note kindly. 

It's not so much the return edges as it is the lack of a gap between the butt plate and the top of the thighs, and it's not just an ESB thing, it was the same in ANH as seen below.  In your ANH Stunt pic (4th photo) the return edge is present (not a biggie) but there is no overlap.  This is not a huge deal for EI, but since I'm sure you will be headed for Centurion :duim: this may be mentioned.  I honestly would not worry about buying a new plate, but I appreciate your enthusiasm!!!

ANH references                                                                   Photo 4

SG9rDD9.jpg?1  dbXOIyu.jpg?1  gnOssiK.jpg?1        5mrP4UE.jpg?1    HsFYVqS.jpg?1

"Per ESB Helmet, this helmet copies the three stripes on the right ear and two stripes on the left ear"

Not all of em'.. ;)

. vGouDKW.jpg?1  vPyR9mg.jpg?1  6xce7l6.jpg?1

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Wow Ardeshir , One Man  Army again !!! :peace:   Great work mate!  one of us will be with you shortly.  

:salute:

Thank you Mario, appreciate it brother.

Hey Joseph, here are some quick shots we did.  Left thigh was riding too high and it is lowered now to even that gap out.  Appreciate you catching that.  Look forward to anymore comments.

esb2front.jpg

esb2back.jpg

esb2left.jpg

esb2leftarm.jpg

esb2right.jpg

esb2rightarm.jpg

esbaction3.jpg

Hey Joseph, I got a chance to take a few new pics with the adjustment for the gap.  Appreciate your patience.  Thank you brother and look forward to the feedback.

Ardeshir

On 9/30/2020 at 5:28 AM, justjoseph63 said:

It's not so much the return edges as it is the lack of a gap between the butt plate and the top of the thighs, and it's not just an ESB thing, it was the same in ANH as seen below.  In your ANH Stunt pic (4th photo) the return edge is present (not a biggie) but there is no overlap.  This is not a huge deal for EI, but since I'm sure you will be headed for Centurion :duim: this may be mentioned.  I honestly would not worry about buying a new plate, but I appreciate your enthusiasm!!!

ANH references                                                                   Photo 4

SG9rDD9.jpg?1  dbXOIyu.jpg?1  gnOssiK.jpg?1        5mrP4UE.jpg?1    HsFYVqS.jpg?1

"Per ESB Helmet, this helmet copies the three stripes on the right ear and two stripes on the left ear"

Not all of em'.. ;)

. vGouDKW.jpg?1  vPyR9mg.jpg?1  6xce7l6.jpg?1

Edited by equuspolo

WOW!  Excellent work sir,,, looking SHARP (as always)!!!!  I'm kinda' tough on you because I know you are perfectionist ;).

• Like 2

Hey Ardeshir!

Thanks for your patience. It's always a pleasure to see applications from you.

One possible area for correction. It could just be the photo, but it appears that you may have a bit of the black frown paint on the gums of the teeth:

ACtC-3eSFlzi1JAEphPV4BoEGhrsuUV2QHFgHtrE

Like ANH armor, ESB helmets should also be sure not to have any frown paint on the gums. If the paint is indeed on the gums, we'll need to you correct that before moving on with your applications; otherwise if you can post different photos that show otherwise, that would be fine as well.

Reference:

ACtC-3eD1VXcbiDGJ2DU1AOttEiRDdMFTPxsUBep  ACtC-3dZgX2YvezcxG_3HPe1fW8Lr8oHzGi18Itn

Thanks!

• Like 1

I notice you are using rubber gloves . I thought that fabric ( silk like ) gloves were worn in e.s.b. And that the hand plates had fake stitching on them . 

But i may be wrong . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rob .T . said:

I notice you are using rubber gloves . I thought that fabric ( silk like ) gloves were worn in e.s.b. And that the hand plates had fake stitching on them . 

But i may be wrong . 

Hi, both are ok for L2.

Crl: OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
Gloves must be either black silk, satin, or silk-like material, or gloves must be rubber or rubber-like chemical gloves, in black    :salute:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

WOW!  Excellent work sir,,, looking SHARP (as always)!!!!  I'm kinda' tough on you because I know you are perfectionist ;).

Hey Joseph and I appreciate it beyond words.  Thank you for always making sure I am on top of it all.

8 hours ago, shashachu said:

Hey Ardeshir!

One possible area for correction. It could just be the photo, but it appears that you may have a bit of the black frown paint on the gums of the teeth:

Like ANH armor, ESB helmets should also be sure not to have any frown paint on the gums. If the paint is indeed on the gums, we'll need to you correct that before moving on with your applications; otherwise if you can post different photos that show otherwise, that would be fine as well.

Reference:

ACtC-3eD1VXcbiDGJ2DU1AOttEiRDdMFTPxsUBep  ACtC-3dZgX2YvezcxG_3HPe1fW8Lr8oHzGi18Itn

Thanks!

Hi Sha Sha  It may just be the photos, I will take a look as soon as I can.  I know I painted it right up to the edge but not past the teeth, that I know for sure, I will get you the information asap.

Wow Sha Sha, you were right and I have no idea how I missed that.  Just went through it and cleaned it all up.  Thank you for catching that. 

Ardeshir

esbfrown.jpg

8 hours ago, shashachu said:

Hey Ardeshir!

Reference:

Thanks!

• Like 2

• shashachu changed the title to TK-42128 Requesting ESB Stormtrooper EIB Status (Anovos)
4 hours ago, shashachu said:

Apologies if you briefly saw a post from me here; I accidentally posted my draft review here instead of in the DO area. :facepalm:

I didn't see anything.  haha what review?  Is everything good to go hahahaha?

Hi Ardeshir,

Thanks for your application and for the quick fix with the frown paint.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to award you another Expert Infantry! On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting with the helmet, Anovos helmets tend to paint the vocoders a little soft compared to screen-used helmets, so if you like you could spend a few minutes sharpening up the shape.

ACtC-3c7r3ReIOGXC9oEiPgePZ2Hsm-nhkY6Cf-D

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fCsMAi3nW-pSk17MXBn1ruDokSbkDmdLtC

Next, we do want the belt to be at the button of the ab buttons, but be careful that your belt is not *too* high. Ideally it is touching or just barely covering the bottom of the ab buttons.

ACtC-3cZ5aOYNZ1g0hkp6J8PTVwyWqgeOHV0salDZ9HBmZkeCCzKLx4T5zMoo_OATROLxp3XVTl4PzuvekCd8nNTPa8ln6ydS2c6CIBMfwiLgpWYqDHtQGUd8sUuxGgIvZ0kKLAZqVSanXoFebdCC9JAbs_k-A=w926-h640-no?authuser=1

ACtC-3fh8zUOLAlbDeAb1DaeKnbqitgxgzFZ-ABU

Next, it's worth pointing out that ideally the thermal detonator screws would be closer to the end of the clips, and the ends of the clips themselves could be more squared-off.

ACtC-3eh8s-8bOCtraQTp3402NUVJLmxVt526hxaV-nHbJewWfuGebGiE6rSg_Nm-LMVbdUbrU-o3RC8TJZK5v5YOf4RzUCgsOHWv8HQcawpfoAFe94ozvphGgeqAu4DzLxbpjD2Ve_1s0QOOWmagHt6itRLrQ=w1262-h741-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eDI0Inx7oTx4J9efP9ccqVcTv8yV68SUDq

Finally, I noticed that the ends of your ABS belt tend to stick out a bit. It would give you a cleaner look if it wrapped around your body a bit more. This could be accomplished with a hot water bath.

ACtC-3cgrjlE99e2kOO5aIJBMNGI10Or9rejKTjjQ0Ro0un_CEm1vpGPMOxniJutqkAfhUBnjJoEAR5TdlZ_uTx9fgbdGkyAWQ5Z2mEZ8nVlOy_8hD2ANsA8hhqYlp7WK-k6HFepOqx37Ipeixb0eFQnsddRqQ=w976-h819-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3e4QYV00e9zXskUUNOI_T0IuRV1NyMY2gf7WBaQR59g43xb6GjwzzlrE_aCPtZ-iVqfx4AYr9D_qg7lEDIYO-9DYtnaKjxvNrdzylX1Mi9VluigRluYzyqICfd27ilMb9QPbpB696LUzW4eRxS7MRlm9A=w686-h643-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3ffx6sNoj8n-afjup8Fbg-54dry3MH__Iq6  ACtC-3dUMF-xfW7QD_49iW7NJ9-H5IwjOjRU1VfS

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

I'm nearly certain this is a dressing issue or maybe even a photo angle issue, but your left dropbox seems to be not quite aligned with the ends of your belt. So for your Centurion application, be sure to double check the positioning when taking your photos.

ACtC-3cQbf3ssDSU_bvGCiW-2HWM-kCIy6dCE9l_YPDKmwRXWh5uuKBZGcTEcNxrSoV2ReZFfZiPzdgnzN98a4JaOzUA_1OeFbZ0uVE_eq7yYqlUjcZcX5GKGN1sJHkeIkYyp6vg208Dst46uOlVW-xpBTm8cQ=w895-h865-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eNMsKnoVOAW9TsZBYu1rVSUm3GyGRP4Zly

And that's it! Congratulations on your _fourth_ EIB award, and just one small correction and we'll see you at Centurion soon. :)

• Like 1

• shashachu changed the title to TK-42128 Requesting ESB Stormtrooper EIB Status (Anovos) [Approved]
20 hours ago, equuspolo said:

I didn't see anything.  haha what review?  Is everything good to go hahahaha?

Haha all DO reviews get posted in the staff area so that we can sign off on them before posting. I accidentally posted my draft review here instead of the staff area. It was very briefly but I didn't want you or anyone else to get confused if they saw it and then it disappeared. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shashachu said:

Hi Ardeshir,

Thanks for your application and for the quick fix with the frown paint.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to award you another Expert Infantry! On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting with the helmet, Anovos helmets tend to paint the vocoders a little soft compared to screen-used helmets, so if you like you could spend a few minutes sharpening up the shape.

ACtC-3c7r3ReIOGXC9oEiPgePZ2Hsm-nhkY6Cf-D

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fCsMAi3nW-pSk17MXBn1ruDokSbkDmdLtC

Next, we do want the belt to be at the button of the ab buttons, but be careful that your belt is not *too* high. Ideally it is touching or just barely covering the bottom of the ab buttons.

ACtC-3cZ5aOYNZ1g0hkp6J8PTVwyWqgeOHV0salDZ9HBmZkeCCzKLx4T5zMoo_OATROLxp3XVTl4PzuvekCd8nNTPa8ln6ydS2c6CIBMfwiLgpWYqDHtQGUd8sUuxGgIvZ0kKLAZqVSanXoFebdCC9JAbs_k-A=w926-h640-no?authuser=1

ACtC-3fh8zUOLAlbDeAb1DaeKnbqitgxgzFZ-ABU

Next, it's worth pointing out that ideally the thermal detonator screws would be closer to the end of the clips, and the ends of the clips themselves could be more squared-off.

ACtC-3eh8s-8bOCtraQTp3402NUVJLmxVt526hxaV-nHbJewWfuGebGiE6rSg_Nm-LMVbdUbrU-o3RC8TJZK5v5YOf4RzUCgsOHWv8HQcawpfoAFe94ozvphGgeqAu4DzLxbpjD2Ve_1s0QOOWmagHt6itRLrQ=w1262-h741-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eDI0Inx7oTx4J9efP9ccqVcTv8yV68SUDq

Finally, I noticed that the ends of your ABS belt tend to stick out a bit. It would give you a cleaner look if it wrapped around your body a bit more. This could be accomplished with a hot water bath.

ACtC-3cgrjlE99e2kOO5aIJBMNGI10Or9rejKTjjQ0Ro0un_CEm1vpGPMOxniJutqkAfhUBnjJoEAR5TdlZ_uTx9fgbdGkyAWQ5Z2mEZ8nVlOy_8hD2ANsA8hhqYlp7WK-k6HFepOqx37Ipeixb0eFQnsddRqQ=w976-h819-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3e4QYV00e9zXskUUNOI_T0IuRV1NyMY2gf7WBaQR59g43xb6GjwzzlrE_aCPtZ-iVqfx4AYr9D_qg7lEDIYO-9DYtnaKjxvNrdzylX1Mi9VluigRluYzyqICfd27ilMb9QPbpB696LUzW4eRxS7MRlm9A=w686-h643-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3ffx6sNoj8n-afjup8Fbg-54dry3MH__Iq6  ACtC-3dUMF-xfW7QD_49iW7NJ9-H5IwjOjRU1VfS

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

I'm nearly certain this is a dressing issue or maybe even a photo angle issue, but your left dropbox seems to be not quite aligned with the ends of your belt. So for your Centurion application, be sure to double check the positioning when taking your photos.

ACtC-3cQbf3ssDSU_bvGCiW-2HWM-kCIy6dCE9l_YPDKmwRXWh5uuKBZGcTEcNxrSoV2ReZFfZiPzdgnzN98a4JaOzUA_1OeFbZ0uVE_eq7yYqlUjcZcX5GKGN1sJHkeIkYyp6vg208Dst46uOlVW-xpBTm8cQ=w895-h865-no?authuser=1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eNMsKnoVOAW9TsZBYu1rVSUm3GyGRP4Zly

And that's it! Congratulations on your _fourth_ EIB award, and just one small correction and we'll see you at Centurion soon. :)

Wow what an honor again.  Thank you so so much for everything, especially the notes.  Noted and all of the changes will be made before my submissions.  Everything looks super simple and straight forward and thank you and the entire DO team for review and kindness as always.  Also, appreciate all of you taking the time to make the notes and suggestions.  Appreciate it beyond words.  Thank you so much and thank you for this acceptance.

• Like 2