CRL TFU Stormtrooper

As Mike has now sold the armor used for the initial TFU Stormtrooper CRL I will start a new thread so we can carry on, thank you once again Mike "SolidScrafty" TK80494 for starting the CRL and good luck with your future projects.

Updates from the TKC have been brought over as well as a few things moved for basic approval, as the TFU Stormtrooper is lightly scuffed / battle worn which is a major difference between it and a OTTK it should be requirement for basic approval.

Assembly can be either overlap or butt/join/coverstip as per TKC CRL

Google drive CRL images https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16RvrDvfdKSEtVPmMp1FMWih2e3Z-ZqUX?usp=sharing

Build thread here https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/50096-tfu-tk-build-85421/

Previous CRL in progress is here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_TFU

Description: Stormtrooper - The Force Unleashed (TFU)
Prefix: TK
Detachment: 
First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment
Context: The Force Unleashed

Stormtroopers fanatically loyal to the Empire and impossible to sway from the Imperial cause, they wear imposing white armor offering a wide range of survival equipment and temperature controls that allow the soldiers to survive in almost any environment.

Stormtrooper, The Force Unleashed

wLsILL0.jpg

Model TK-85421, Photo by Glen Rhodes

General Construction Notes

Assembly can be either overlap or butt/join/cover strip methods.
All Armor parts are weathered, lightly scuffed, battle damaged.
Weathering must match visual references.
See Stormtrooper: TFU Weathering for more information.

Images to be added to the weathering section.

gRYDxCr.jpg

pKkbzE3.png      N07P9I6.png

lDGz4R0.png

QeXUXut.png

Required Costume Components
The following costume components are present and appear as described below.

hssHQjt.jpg

Helmet

• Traps (trapezoids on dome of helmet) and tears (area beneath the corners of eye lenses) are grey with a black outline.
  • Rear traps and tears have vertical black lines.
  • Lenses are flat material, green in color, sufficiently dark enough to obscure the costumer's eyes.
  • The “ear” bars have three or four bumps and are grey or painted grey, with a black outline. Painting the bumps with rank stripes (highlighted) in black is optional.
  • Ears shall have a black horizontal anchor-like detail on each side of the ear bar.
  • Frown is painted grey and does not leave the teeth area. Eight total teeth on the frown are cut out.
  • Tube stripes are medium blue, numbering between 9 and 16 per side with the curve bends extending backwards.
  • Vocoder (vertically ribbed chin detail) is painted black.
  • Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips (cylinders on either side of the vocoder) are black or painted black.
  • Tears, traps, and tube stripes may be hand painted, decals, or decals that replicate hand painted.
  • Mesh may be used behind the frown to obscure the face of the wearer.
  • Note: The helmet is accurate in detail and proportion to official references. - Many commercially available helmets or those considered disproportionate in size or shape are ineligible.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Ears shall have three screws per side, one above and one below the ear bar and one at the base of the helmet.
  • Ear bars have four bumps only, not three.
  • Traps/tears and tube stripes shall have the correct ANH TK details
  • Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

• Ear bars shall have only one bump painted in black (rank stripes).
  • Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.
  • S-trim join is on the rear of the helmet
  • Tears/traps shall be hand painted or use decals that emulate hand painted (with correct ANH TK details).
  • Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white.
  • The vocoder must be integrated into the helmet, and not a separate piece.

fMi9ujn.jpg

Neck Seal

• Black with horizontal ribs, fitted to the wearer, and extending from the base of the neck to conceal the entire neck. 

JRdSIa3.jpg

Undersuit

• Black non-textured material, either one-piece or two-piece construction with no visible zippers or logos/designs. 

FiP2jIk.jpg

Shoulder Straps

• These shall be securely mounted in front and may free float in back.

• No visible rivets are allowed.
  • Shoulder straps shall not have large flat tabs on the ends, they shall be ribbed 100%.

• Shoulder straps have dark weathering on both front and rear of the straps.

ZqFjfyc.jpg

Shoulder Armor

• One on each shoulder. The shoulder bells are considered effectively symmetrical; they may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders.

• Shoulder bells have a slight outward curve with square corners not rounded.
  • No lower elastic straps across the biceps.

gd6UrD9.jpg

Upper Arm Armor

• Biceps are fully closed.

G51s2y8.jpg

Forearm Armor

• Forearms are fully closed.

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.:

4KcBf27.jpg

Gloves

• Black in color, made of either rubber, nomex, leather, or leather-like material, with no visible straps or logos/designs. The fingers are enclosed, non-textured.

• Gloves shall be rubber or rubber like chemical gloves in black.

t9BFyvk.jpg

Hand Plates

• Roughly pentagonal in shape, the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove. As an alternative to plastic, these may be made out of latex or latex-like material.

• Hand guards shall be latex or latex-like, painted white, affixed to rubber gloves: 

3s4nokY.jpg

Chest Armor

• Chest plate overlaps the abdominal plate.
  • A white flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip shall be present around all edges. 

• Fabric or elastic strip connecting chest to back shall be either black or not present.

EFpBzUX.jpg

Back Armor

• Back plate contains a "O II" design.
  • A white flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip shall be present around all edges. 

• Inner recessed plate corners have black detail/weathering.
  • There is a small silver screw (can be painted or decal) in the middle bottom of the inner recessed plate.

• Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate.

TRuYOz6.jpg

Abdomen Armor

• Ab plate buttons shall be all black.
  • Ab plate button detail shall be inverted compared to ANH/ESB.
  • The left vertical row of ab plate buttons contain five buttons (fifth button must align one button higher than the top button of the larger button plate).

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• There shall be no split rivet or brad visible on the crotch tab of the ab plate.

OPTIONAL Level three certification (if applicable):

• All buttons on the ab plate are the same size and color and are visible (not covered by the belt). 
  • There are 2 rivets on either side of the ab, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter which are lined up with the ones on the kidney. Approximate placement of the rivets is: 25mm from the top edge and the bottom is 25mm above the top of the fabric belt and 20mm from the side seam, painted white.

pqCvqmo.jpg

Kidney & Posterior Armor

• A separate kidney/butt plate is not allowed - the kidney and butt plate shall be combined/fused to a single plate/one piece.
  • The crotch tab of the butt plate area may or may not have visible snaps. 

• There shall be no visible snaps, rivets or brads on the crotch tab of the butt plate tab.

• There are 2 rivets on either side of the kidney, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter, these are lined up with the ones on the ab, approximate placement of the rivets is: 25mm from the top edge and the bottom is 25mm above the top of the fabric belt and 20mm from the side seam, all painted white.

9LxQlxm.jpg

Belt

• Belt face is made of plastic (TK ammo belt).
  • The soft belt proper is tightly woven nylon/cordura like/style material or material with a tightly woven nylon/cordura like/style covering. Size is 2.25" (57mm) to 2.5" (64mm) wide. The color is white to off-white.
  • The drop boxes are white and dangle from the sides of the plastic front belt (ammo belt) via white straps and are aligned with the end of the ammo belt.
  • The belt may be longer than standard ANH/ROTJ with square buttons positioned close to the end of the belt. 

• Leather and vinyl are not accurate.
  • There are two square buttons, one on each end of the plastic ammo belt.
  • There should be no center square button or rivet, it is not accurate.

• The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle.
  • Square buttons are positioned approximately 5-10mm from the end of the belt
  • Drop boxes are closed in the back.
  • The belt proper shall have (eight total) white rivets. Two rivets close to each side of the thermal detonator, and two rivets approximately an inch away from the edge of the ammo belt (The rivets form a rectangular pattern) and are painted white.

Game       

4pgFBCH.jpg

ROTJ

https://databank.501st.com/databank/File:TK_rotj_detonator.png

Thermal Detonator

• (A.K.A. O2 canister) attaches to the center back of the belt.
  • Detonator consists of an all grey cylinder, without silver stickers or silver paint.
  • The cylinder is between 2” (50mm) and 2.68"(68mm) in diameter with white end caps on each end.
  • The white control panel pad faces upwards, with the controls/round washer style detail closest to the right end cap.
  • The total length is approximately 7.50" (190.5mm).
  • The thermal detonator is attached via metal or metallic-appearing clips, approximately @1" (25mm) wide. 
  • The thermal detonator may be either ROTJ or the "game style" version. The ANH/ESB style is not allowed.

• Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.

• Only "game style" thermal detonator can be used.

1mSGyoJ.jpg

Thigh Armor

• Thigh armor shall be closed in the back.
  • The ammo belt shall be installed on the bottom of the right thigh.

• The thigh ammo belt is not rounded off like ANH

• The thigh ammo belt shall be positioned on top of the lower ridge as seen in official references.
  • The thigh ammo is glued and has no rivets.

VxxFPEL.jpg

Lower Leg Armor

• Greaves close in the back. The trapezoid knee plate (sniper knee plate) is affixed to the left greave and may have two visible brads or rivets securing it to the greave.

• The sniper knee plate is glued and has no rivets.

UUNtX10.jpg

Boots

• Boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.
  • Small U-shaped elastic sections on both sides of the ankle.
  • Flat sole with a short heel.
  • No buckles or laces.
  • Jodhpur/ Chelsea-type boots or an equivalent style is acceptable.
  • Elvis or Mariachi boots are not allowed.

• There is no seam present on the front of the boot.

Optional Accessories

Bnud3Hy.jpg

E-11 Blaster (ESB)

• Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster. 

• Folding stock is placed in the closed position.
  • No ammo counter shall be present.
  • D-ring mounted on the rear.
  • Sterling based blasters have the correct M-38 or M-19 style scope.
  • The M-19 scope is preferred.
  • No power cylinders on the magazine housing.
  • Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 6 T-tracks on blaster (leaving the lowest row on the magazine housing side uncovered).
  • If using the Hasbro E11 toy blaster, it is modified to have the correct number of T-tracks (6 total), with a lower row of open vent holes on the magazine housing side.

This is accomplished by covering the pre-existing rows of holes with T-tracks, then grinding off the lower integrated T-track on the magazine housing side, and drilling a new row of holes in its place.

• Hasbro / Rubies blasters are not allowed, even conversions.
  • The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure however, T-tracks and grips shall have the appearance of black plastic.

Lgnu8k4.jpg

E-11 Blaster (ROTJ)

• Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster. 

• Folding stock is placed in the closed position.
  • No ammo counter shall be present.
  • D-ring mounted on the rear.
  • Correct style scope.
  • No power cylinders on the magazine housing.
  • Scratch-built, resin cast, Hyperfirm rubber cast blasters shall have a total of 7 U shaped channels on blaster (all holes on barrel shall be covered).
  • If using the popular commercially available Stormtrooper blasters, you shall grind off the T-tracks and replace them with U shaped channels and cover the open rows of holes (total of 7 U shaped channels in all).
  • Correct greeblies on the left rear area shall be present (door catch and two "hammers").

• Folding stock shall be in the extended position.
  • Hasbro / Rubies blasters are not allowed, even conversions.
  • The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure however, T-tracks and grips shall have the appearance of black plastic.

fS3egTG.jpg

SE-14R Blaster

• The SE-14R blaster may be carried. It shall have a correct scope if carried in lieu of the E-11 for informal events.

COKq4Az.jpg
Lightsaber (The Force Unleashed)

• The hilt is Graflex style or has the characteristics of the Graflex, (reference Luke Skywalker's lightsaber from ANH and ESB).
  • If the lightsaber has a blade, it may be one of the color blades used in the video game, The Force Unleashed. The choice of blade colors are: Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, Red and Yellow.

Note: Double blades, small Yoda style lightsaber, or inexpensive non-FX Hasbro Lightsaber toys are not allowed. 

• The hilt shall be made to reference Starkiller's lightsaber (as seen in The Force Unleashed).

• If the lightsaber has a blade, it may be one of the color blades used in the video game, The Force Unleashed. The choice of blade colors are: Black, Blue, Green, Gold, Purple, Red and Yellow.

• Like 1

I am the one that purchased from Mike.  I have all the soft parts en route or already on hand (neck piece from Grand Inquisitor). 

On Oct 2nd ImperialBoots.com opens up for orders and I will get the white boots and distress them.

At any rate, I am looking forward to continuing on with the project.

Let me know if you need anything from me.  I will start taking Hi-Res (21MP) pics if you need them.  I have several backdrops (tan, black, charcoal, red, green) in case there is something specific you are looking for and lots of pro lights.  So I should be able to get any pics needed, I read through the old post about the red bleedover from the red curtain.  At any rate, let me know what you all think I can help with.  

Lee

DZ-21128

ID-21128

Edited by fleasome
Typos
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, fleasome said:

I am the one that purchased from Mike.  I have all the soft parts en route or already on hand (neck piece from Grand Inquisitor). 

On Oct 2nd ImperialBoots.com opens up for orders and I will get the white boots and distress them.

At any rate, I am looking forward to continuing on with the project.

Let me know if you need anything from me.  I will start taking Hi-Res (21MP) pics if you need them.  I have several backdrops (tan, black, charcoal, red, green) in case there is something specific you are looking for and lots of pro lights.  So I should be able to get any pics needed, I read through the old post about the red bleedover from the red curtain.  At any rate, let me know what you all think I can help with.  

Lee

DZ-21128

Hi Lee congrats on your purchase, I would suggest starting a build thread yourself, I've only recently started looking into the CRL and comparing the armor with references and there are a few things you may want to address.

Shoulder bells have rounded corners and straight sided, the reference shoulder bells are curved on the sides but do not have rounded corners. I would also trim the excess cover strips which are overhanging the biceps.

ZC5qkWn.jpg&key=2bf31c16604ff11e812516c2U7ALuDg.jpglarge.66523622_ScreenShot2019-05-14at6_3

Brow trim should be brought up, at the moment it has a "hero" appearance and should look more "stunt" (higher brow) with an area of white showing between the brow trim and eyes. Also brow trim should be longer and meet with the corner of the trap.

imageproxy.png.32c3aadfda9c6c256bbc04b7291360c1.pnglarge.1905869004_imageproxy(4).jpg.593fahelmet.png.0c18945d4c2abc8ba7fc9d31c18a1ee2.png

The 5th button on the smaller ab plate is lower than the larger ab plate, should be same as TKC : The left vertical row of ab plate buttons contain five buttons (fifth button must align one button higher than the top button of the larger button plate).

D0aV1C9.jpg&key=ba0fc84d1ad2ed1784de3de3bm0A7KC.jpg

There are dark areas in the corner of the inset plate on the back, as well as a small grey screw/detail in the middle of the bottom of the inset plate, you could either paint or apply a small round decal.

AMIYZNC.png    faXY9mQ.png 

The belt appears to be a different color and has a center rivet hole

EdJ35Uw.jpg&key=65130ce85b5265a197b76ae2wB6J5jw.jpg&key=155719e10355567de72ad889

Thigh cover strips should stop above the lower ridge.

3msCntU.jpg&key=e58fd8040572af7ad61332c8

E5L7eXO.jpg?1&key=d4da74c998acd7abb19f53

Detonator clips should align with the endcaps, also length of cylinder should be: The total length is approximately 7.50" (190.5mm, 

Shoulder straps should lay flat on the back plate with some dark weathering around the edges. Detonator also appears a different color.

7Y1kcO7.jpg&key=f29449025119d8a02b086b48QKiTB7a.jpg?1&key=52431137842e77fd1361fflarge.PhaseIII_Back_Top.png.d5b8ade249fd52902aacc46c720d5284.png.4764974cbdbc080d56cf56d4a51e4d43.png

Coverstrip is not centered on the right shin at the back

imageproxy.jpg.3379dc923d15ca275bf17fc5f99626e6.jpg

You could also contact Andrew @Sly11 our DL in regards to becoming the CRL model. 

Thanks.  I am sure I have quite a few things to learn and work on.  I presume as our height, weight and otger measurements were not exact I will need to test fit once it arrives before I start any of the recommendations.

I am also working on my Grand Inquisitor armor while I await this arrival. Not much else to do in the COVID world though.

• Like 1

That sure is a lot of things "wrong" with my kit that were about to be totally overlooked during my fiancée's first application attempt. She would have been approved if not for the thigh cover strip. For years we've had TKCs and ICNs get in for base (and Centurion) approval without some of the things Glen has mentioned, such as the shape of the shoulder bells and a screw in the back plate. To me that just looks like a flick of dirt or a scuff mark. 

Hey Mike I'm not sure if you have noticed but a lot of CRL's have been going under reviews and updates over the last year or so, with this a lot of things can be picked up which may have been missed previously, there is a lot more scrutiny now compared to the past. Also the TKC had undergone an update which basically this CRL is just a plain version of so some things would have been added to this CRL.

We also had a different DL back then, I looked back and some feedback on the thread was in December2019 and February 2020 from other staff so some things had already been noticed. 

Have informed the LMO team of your progress with this and invited them to come take a look.

Thanks for all the work on this, would be nice to complete the CRL and have it added to the roster this year .

• Like 1

Thanks Glen.
I have started to build the CRL using your work Glen.
Once complete it will go under LMO review
Thanks for the effort you put in and those that started the original work last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Sly11 unpinned this topic