TK-17050 requesting ANH TK stunt EIB status [AM] (1003)

Ed Black TK-17050  Northern Darkness Garrison

• Armor = AM
  • Helmet= AM
  • Blaster= Hyperfirm (Praetorian Blasters)

• Height = 5'9"
  • Weight = 155lbs
  • Boots = Imperial Boots 
  • Canvas belt = Trooper Bay
  • Hand Plates = Trooper Bay
  • Electronics= Icomm
  • Neck Seal = premium zipper (Darmans)
  • Holster = 8oz leather (Darmans)

Armor Photos

jX8JupO.jpg

vbWadp4.jpg

rvVqm8a.jpg

ewe60Pk.jpg

w2f1PzP.jpg

pLE5JRq.jpg

Helmet Detail Photos

GZWJCDr.jpg

gdv4IRh.jpg

Gxaxo9P.jpg

3o2RwxQ.jpg

sKu6jBJ.jpg

Vpz5kwL.jpg

8SQgBcp.jpg

Accessory Photos

a1bVS0g.jpg

6LhE2vo.jpg

3aFqIwG.jpg

PxX1ikh.jpg

OpmIByk.jpg

Tpo5bYn.jpg

Blaster

6EOUbaW.jpg

9nhBrpT.jpg

mZ5VVvG.jpg

Optional

HRzCvRp.jpg

acpUKCY.jpg

T7scMtv.jpg

C55n1GV.jpg

PeeNsqr.jpg

hnpsk2K.jpg

xVkyzTJ.jpg

V88a54A.jpg

Xrbvtik.jpg

ePJSlle.jpg

0bN6GfD.jpg

QNmySWL.jpg

RSNgWFq.jpg

ravg6KH.jpg

J3atc3T.jpg

EhkI9Fv.jpg

18vpJyp.jpg

• msDE3Y2.jpg

D09eZV4.jpg

Nearly forgot....
    Sd7YHdw.jpg

Just a quick few notes from the OP. I know my ammo belt is sitting low in front below the ab button plate in the pics. Sometimes it's right sometimes it's not. I failed to adjust it prior to the photos. At any rate I'm going to use velcro sewn to the belt to fix that reliably. Hopefully that doesn't distract from my horribly painted ab buttons and the slightly rounded corners.  Otherwise I hope to throw myself on the mercy of the FISD court and hopefully the thread turns out ok with the required pics. 

Edited by Black1705f

Hi Ed, and thank you for your EIB application.  One of us will be with you shortly.

Meanwhile, there are some additional photos that we need you to add:

1-  close photo of your Ab to kidney connection  *left side to see the 3  rivets.

2- Close photo of your thigh ammo belt  inside and outside , left and right to see the rivets attachment

CRL L2 :  Thigh ammo belt is attached to thigh with a solid head rivet, painted white, in the upper corner and fastened to the lower thigh ridge.
The rivets used shall be single cap, double cap or split rivets. No pop rivets allowed.
Rivet should be approximately 5/16" (8mm) in diameter (exterior).

3- Close photo of your Snipper knee  (both sides) to see the alignment.  

CRL L2 : Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.
Sniper knee plate must not have visible rivets or fasteners attaching it to the shin.

Note: Could you please post (remove)  just only  one  of the Blasters you want to apply for EIB ?

Any additional photo or fix will be requested by the assigned D.O.

Thanks Trooper  :salute:

Nice work trooper, a couple of things you may want to address before the DO's get to work.

Your butt plate is overlapping your kidney and belt, belt boxes are not aligned with the end of the belt, ab plate is also overlapping your kidney plate

w2f1PzP.jpg&key=76337fa264dc45332b1d3392

You may want to drop your thighs a little as they are hitting on the rear. Your backplate is also overlapping the kidney.

vbWadp4.jpg&key=c8984e676b7e07107a571aa2

You may have a small amount of paint on your gums which you might want to remove. Using a toothpick is an easy way of removing excess paint.

GZWJCDr.jpg&key=c9ad8427bdc4505a60a186dbXJahJ4O.jpg&key=e3068be21c1610c7f959ead9gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

You don't seem to have much gap between the caps and control plate. Caps should be @3/4" (19mm)

PxX1ikh.jpg&key=21bc1b6fa3f20aa852da74d5TD%2520measurements.jpg&key=14576a89d060

Ab plates should not have rounded corners

hnpsk2K.jpg&key=66f484d37cd12489e9a31b33

LSuei4K.jpg?1   JViLwBX.jpg?1

Ideally your thigh ammo strip top edge should align with the top of the lower ridge and does not have a rounded top corners

ePJSlle.jpg&key=f5e81213661a7ab94d72c6af2pvrAr5.jpg?1&key=8e87fbd8d8c6680b44fc40

Good luck with approval

Thanks for the feed back. The thighs sitting high was apparently pushing everything else up. Which is no big deal because I can change my thigh height pretty easily because the strapping holding them up is completely adjustable. I was worried about the frown teeth having too much grey after I looked at a couple over submissions, but I'm hoping it will be tolerable if not I'll try scraping some off, which sounds easier than adding white.  I still want to add velcro to the ab and belt to keep it in place. Unfortunately my camera man doesn't know any of the finer details and seemed to think I looked good after looking me over.  I'm not sure what I'll do about the thermal detonator and will just wait till the DO's advise.

• Like 1

Hi Ed,

Before we can proceed with your app, Additional to the requested photos in my last message, It would be necessary to make a small fix to the frown paint of your helmet.

This is a Basic level requirement and an easy fix. you can use a toothpick and some paint remover (No Acetone) or a cutter,  or with more precision hands,   a pointed or sharp tool. 

Crl:  Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area...

Reference  Images

7UCkv87.jpg?1                           lhwCo2t.jpg

:salute:

Hi Ed , and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. 

***************************************************

Let's start from top:

The "Brow trim" of your helmet is a little low, it is more of the "Hero" type than ANH as you can see in the reference images. If you would like to have that "Stunt " looking helmet, we suggest to bring it up a bit.

Reference Images

ft6Fzb3.jpg                 iu7Ibyv.jpg?1 

For L2, the fall of tube strips tops ideally lean toward the front as you can see in the reference photos. We mention this here for you to consider a future fix.

Reference Images

HACuo2I.jpg?1                                                                     5wKJrsD.jpg?1

pTQMDq2.jpg?3                                     nH0GmII.png?1                                                                    

It seems like the cover strips of your forearms are a bit larger and exceeds your forearms edges. Just a couple of minute of trimming will make the deal. 

Reference Images

myOcEiM.jpg    8Odg6vk.jpg                      s3NNyT0.jpg?1

0doMbBa.jpg?3

This looks like just a dressing issue, take a look to your Chest/Abdomen strapping to aligning them better. easy fix.!  

Reference Images

cfSniBB.jpg?1                     ozm6t2D.jpg

Your Ab buttons plate are almost perfect, but you may want to trim them a bit, just to remove the rounded corners .

Reference Images

jRs7JIB.jpg?1       X0BKf53.jpg?1            Ys7tljV.jpg        

Even though it's not mentioned directly in the crl , according to the references,  the squares on each end of the plastic ammo belt should be placed more to the end of it leaving a small space in the edges.

Reference Images

qt8WNzc.jpg?1    H6njkth.jpg?1       rB45qXB.jpg   YOAOw0w.jpg?1

Your lower armor section is tending to raise and due to your thighs are a bit high, they're overlapping each other and you could be suffering some "armor bite" . You may want to check the strapping that attaches the butt plate to the kidney plate, looks like that could be readjusted and tightened up a bit to allow the armor to sit better and we suggest to lower your thighs down to release the overlapping and have more confort when walking.

Reference Images

jBxBeMV.jpg?1   63YiCbm.jpg?1            y59FPaY.jpg    M3hBxKj.jpg?1

Your thigh ammo belt is attached  a quite over the thigh's lower ridge and the rivets should be closer to the corners as you can see in the references. This is a more challenging fix but not imposible to do. 

PPBbofY.jpg?1    Vw8c1Ce.jpg?2               jZjc3yA.jpg&key=bdfd0812b3498607b76b176e

Reference Images

amgnGaq.jpg           xwWk4He.jpg?1                kZiVan2.jpg?1   

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

We are going to start from Shoulders.:

CRL L3: There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

(Although not specifically mentioned), the tops of the shoulder bells should touch (or be very close to) the shoulder bridges.  In your case it seems that it is a matter of shortening the elastics of the connection between these.  Also, you can trim all the return edges from the bottoms of the Shoulder Bells to have more room.

HpYXjk8.jpg?1     0oOzCto.jpg?1  FOiMnMj.jpg?1  

Crl L3: Back plate shall have no, or minimal overlap of the kidney plate

The overlap between your back and kidney  plate is quite noticeable, in this case you could possibly have to make several adjustments, including trimming  the lower part of the back plate a bit  . At FISD you can find help and feedback for all these aspects.

Reference Images

Q7RV2aX.jpg       3MQdN4S.jpg?1   QaZfLnq.jpg?1

CRL L3: No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed

If you decide to go for Centurion Level, (As we hope you will), you will need to remove the return edge from your wrist. not a big deal for you.

Reference Images

EDiVfg1.jpg?1      DjVHPJ9.jpg

Crl L3: The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Your ABS belt is just a bit  low, so you'll need to raise it . If you look at the reference photos, you'll see that many TKs actually had the belts overlapping the lower ab buttons. A good fix is to add two small strips of velcro to the  belt to keep the front from sagging.

Reference Images

PweVrmf.jpg?1           10Xqwf3.jpg?2     8DGr9Tm.jpg?1   

CRL L3: Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Yours are almost right but angled inwards. Many of us add a bit of glue to the drop box elastic to keep them in place.

Reference Images

ezH7dh6.jpg?1bZaHWLV.jpg?1                      AvON8cl.jpg                dP9JY2w.png

It could be a visual effect but Your TD's Caps seems to be a little wide , you may want to check the measures according to the references.

Reference Images

tmvf7Nk.jpg?2   hAHPhmd.jpg?1     vuyshrT.jpg?2

And that is Ed, welcome to the EIB  ranks and we are confident that you can make the changes needed to reach the next level.  Centurion. 

Congratulations !!!  :salute:

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-17050 requesting ANH TK stunt EIB status [AM] (1003)