Looking for an E-11 blaster

Doing a search on the this website and our local forum with Cloud City Garrison , looking to complete my build with an E-11 blaster. Looking to " pull the trigger" ( pun intended- see what I did there :-) )  for something robust to keep up with the rigors of trooping ( prefer rubber but may get heavy after time).

I see a bunch of ETSY type blasters but not sure of their quality or if they will suit the need for a centurion build down the road. Saw the sheppeton designing studios one , not sure on those.

Any recommendations , I will continue to search this forum and others for insight. 

Thanks everyone.. This type of thread has probably bean beating to death , ideally I can read some other threads on the same subject, not getting much luck right now.

On 9/28/2020 at 5:02 AM, Jeffnmar said:

Found this the looks good?

-----------

That is a very basic Rubies blaster which can be found in costume shops and Ebay ($20) ( as well as other places) 

Some garrisons will approve for basic but check with your GML (garrison membership liaison) 

If you have a look through some of the build threads many post information about where they have purchased their blasters ;) 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/28/2020 at 5:09 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

That is a very basic Rubies blaster which can be found in costume shops and Ebay ($20) ( as well as other places) 

Some garrisons will approve for basic but check with your GML (garrison membership liaison) 

If you have a look through some of the build threads many post information about where they have purchased their blasters ;) 

Looking at the build threads today , but not finding a lot about blaster of softwoods but getting some ideas :-) 

Found the on ETSY as well , looks liker it is a better build quality

--------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/28/2020 at 5:18 AM, Jeffnmar said:

Looking at the build threads today , but not finding a lot about blaster of softwoods but getting some ideas :-) 

Found the on ETSY as well , looks liker it is a better build quality

---------

The Etsy blaster has a lot of print lines

Praetorian blasters are nice, supply has been low of late but you would be happy with the purchase

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/28/2020 at 5:02 AM, Jeffnmar said:

Found this the looks good?

----------

That's a repainted Rubies Rebels. Not bad for a first trooping blaster but far from accurate.

Here's one for $19 and a $5 can of spray paint if you wanna save $60.

--------

I usually tell people to get one of those to hold you over while you save up for a rubber one for trooping (display is different recommendations obviously). Hellhound Props is probably the best looking one out there currently, followed by Praetorian Blasters, if you're US based (I believe CCG is). 

https://www.facebook.com/hellhounds.props

----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/29/2020 at 5:24 AM, TheRascalKing said:

That's repainted Rubies Rebels. Not bad for a first trooping blaster but far from accurate.

Here's one for $19 and a $5 can of spray paint if you wanna save $60.

https://www.ebay.com/p/18014758288
----------
I usually tell people to get one of those to hold you over while you save up for a rubber one for trooping (display is different recommendations obviously). Hellhound Props is probably the best looking one out there currently, followed by Praetorian Blasters, if you're US based (I believe CCG is). 

https://www.facebook.com/hellhounds.props
--------

Perfect ... I have a message out to praetorian , will check out the others .. thanks for tips ...

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jeffnmar said:

Perfect ... I have a message out to praetorian , will check out the others .. thanks for tips emoji106.png...

Forsure. The biggest difference with Hellhounds is that he uses an actual metal scope rail, and I believe Praetorian's is molded in like HfX before them. I've had plastic, resin, and metal blasters... and for trooping, absolutely nothing beats a rubber blaster. Best balance of accuracy, durability, and weight, imo. Worth saving up for.

Forsure. The biggest difference with Hellhounds is that he uses an actual metal scope rail, and I believe Praetorian's is molded in like HfX before them. I've had plastic, resin, and metal blasters... and for trooping, absolutely nothing beats a rubber blaster. Best balance of accuracy, durability, and weight, imo. Worth saving up for.

I have the funds and am ready ‘ to pull the trigger’ LOL ... I saw the RS propmasters as well but wasn’t sure about durability for trooping . Either way going for a rubber one for the same reasons you mentioned..

Thanks again for all the advice , you all rock as always !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jeffnmar said:

I have the funds and am ready ‘ to pull the trigger’ LOL ... I saw the RS propmasters as well but wasn’t sure about durability for trooping . Either way going for a rubber one for the same reasons you mentioned..

Thanks again for all the advice , you all rock as always !!!

Anything from RS is nice, but you're paying extra for the name, "lineage", and shipping. ;) Plus theirs is resin, and I'd hate to drop a $200+ blaster and have it be done - little things like cocking handles, power cells, and sights are fragile...

Edited by TheRascalKing

As Justin says, definitely check out Hellhounds. I have one of their E-11s from their very first run from about a year ago, and it looks and feels fantastic! I actually created a detailed photo review thread of it which is designed to be viewed alongside with kman’s Praetorian vs Hyperfirm thread. Here’s the link:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48449-rubber-e-11-blaster-hellhounds-photo-review-vs-hyperfirm-praetorian/

Daniel is pretty responsive to IG messages, and as Justin linked to, he’s also on FB. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I just ran across this blaster on Etsy from 3DPOGO.  It looks really good, anyone have any experience with it?  It looks well made for $170.

Link below the picture.

Star Wars E-11 Blaster rifle Stormtrooper image 0

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

OK, after a quick search on 3DPOGO and finding nothing, I pulled the trigger, pardon the pun.   He says he'll do returns/refunds within 30 days, so I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. 

The Etsy blaster you linked to is of the RotJ variant, and since my understanding is that you’re building an ANH kit, it technically isn’t compatible. However, the good news is that the Legion doesn’t require a blaster for basic approval! Plus one can never have too many blasters. =)

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms
  • Like 1

I ended using ETSY as well and ordered one from  www.questdesigncanada.com , read some good reviews and they seem to be built pretty solid with some parts being metal.  Went with this option , will report back how it works when I receive ( end of December).   Whats the difference in ROTJ vs ANH blasters? Hope I didn't ge the wrong blaster for my ANH STUNT ...

I've not heard of these before, looks like it may need some tweaking for higher level approval, the counter is very low but not a bad looking blaster

il_fullxfull.938346112_rhi9_1fc1ee00-622

Comparison

star-wars-chronicles-imperial-military-m