TFU TK Build 85421

gmrhodes13

Screws and brackets added to the detonator

20201011_111313.jpg.dc309bc8ebfb0e0f6f5a89bbc50f3759.jpg

Added some foam to the insides of the forearms to stop rotation, the troubles of having skinny arms.

20201011_111329.thumb.jpg.f87a16e5966030bc8c335e8b1c813dc4.jpg

Eye color matched some more paint and added to armor U trim, very happy with the result

20201011_111231.jpg.4f328e2275dae7b52b1c583c0104bf1c.jpg

20201011_111249.jpg.38f70783c7f8f036422e911c7740d2f4.jpg

Made enough paint so I have extra for any that may get rubbed off during trooping.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sly11 said:

That beard is out of control mate :) but in all seriousness, great work.

Thanks Andrew, well I did say I had cabin fever

20201016_175557.jpg.8680f59b815f6a2038b69c5267e2cc13.jpg

• Like 1

Glen,

Just curious as I'm getting ready to start work on all the corrections you had listed on mine but didn't see this listed anywhere.  In the game images you posted on the CRL work in progress I noticed that one stray button is level with the 4 buttons but not on either of our panels.  I already know I have to raise the 5 buttons up and will most likely use your tutorial on that but will that stray button be an issue for both of us as well?  

Thanks

button issue.png

3 hours ago, fleasome said:

Glen,

Just curious as I'm getting ready to start work on all the corrections you had listed on mine but didn't see this listed anywhere.  In the game images you posted on the CRL work in progress I noticed that one stray button is level with the 4 buttons but not on either of our panels.  I already know I have to raise the 5 buttons up and will most likely use your tutorial on that but will that stray button be an issue for both of us as well?  

Thanks

button issue.png

No it won't be an issue as some differences are allowable due to real world armor and what can be replicated, you may also notice that the game has a molded ab plate, it is not raised and the plate is not separate, again this is because of real world armor and what can be achieved as well as we can use either ANH or ROTJ style armor. Much you will notice is same across other game versions like the TKC and so on.

I should also just mention that not all details will be required for basic approval BUT they will be for higher levels, EIB and Centurion. When building CRL's we try to build to the highest level as many use the images as references. 

• 4 months later...

Glen,

I am working on my 5 button relocation hopefully this weekend. I have not worked with ABS but have done some similar forming with kydex for a ToS BSG and Tusken builds.  The ABS looks similar with hot air forming.  

I have not used ABS paste before to fill gaps and you didn't add pictures for that.  Would you point me in the right direction for buying the correct ABS sheets and paste and/or making it?

Thanks. 

55 minutes ago, fleasome said:

Glen,

I am working on my 5 button relocation hopefully this weekend. I have not worked with ABS but have done some similar forming with kydex for a ToS BSG and Tusken builds.  The ABS looks similar with hot air forming.  

I have not used ABS paste before to fill gaps and you didn't add pictures for that.  Would you point me in the right direction for buying the correct ABS sheets and paste and/or making it?

Thanks. 

Normally I use the same ABS sheets which come with the armor, you have to be careful purchasing from other suppliers as the color of white can be drastically different. If you know the make of the armor I would try purchasing some from the maker before trying another source.

There is a thread on making ABS paste here.