Type of Armor Maker for EIB or Centurion levels

Hello Team,

Whether going for the EIB or Centurion program, is there a preferred choice of armor maker to go with?

I assume the Anovos ANH hero set would have lower expectations than other sets of armor and wouldn't be that great to use??

Hi Ted,  

Actually , EIB  and Centurion level is not about the armor maker alone, If you take a look to the Centurion approvals Here  

You will see that the are different armor makes that achieved L3.

When starting building your armor, if you consider the crl requirements in Blue color for L2 (EIB) and Red color for L3 Centurion) you can add all the necessary elements  to achieve the Badge .  Some makers would need a few more adjustment than others but in essence all are similar.

You can read details about EIB and Centurion Leves HERE  

Hope this can help

Cheers  :salute:

• Like 1

There are some updates needed to the standard Anovos TK kits you may want to look through Tony's build 

• Like 2

On 9/22/2020 at 7:39 PM, Vader's Wingman said:

Hello Team,

Whether going for the EIB or Centurion program, is there a preferred choice of armor maker to go with?

I assume the Anovos ANH hero set would have lower expectations than other sets of armor and wouldn't be that great to use??

There's absolutely no preference given to armor maker, but I'm sure you'll notice a few of the same high-quality vendors popping up over and over. It speaks to the consistent quality of those makers and the research of the troopers building them, but not to the DO's preference. 

Also, a little confused... Anovos does not make ANH Hero helmets, only Stunt (and some early questionable belts). It can be modified to Hero with some work, but wanted to make sure that was clear when considering your submission for EIB. Anovos is a garbage company, but a fantastic set of armor, and my personal favorite sculpt. I've been approved at EIB 3 times now in my Anovos suit and will be submitting for a 4th approval (actually Hero but with a different bucket) soon. A few minor details need to commonly be changed for Centurion (mic tips, ear/TD harware, canvas belt) but not a ton... why would the expectations be lower or would you assume it wouldn't be great?

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

Hi Ted! As others have said, almost any armor from the vetted vendors list can taken to EI and Centurion levels; some kits may simply require more work than others. The first two links below are the L2 and L3 request forums which you can browse to see the common armor makers. The last link is to a resource thread I made which includes a long list of what I thought were extra-helpful/quality build and submission/request threads towards the bottom of my initial post (you'll need to scroll down quite a bit).

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/19-request-expert-infantryman-status/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

I hope this is helpful to you!

• Like 2

I've recently submitted for Centurion (pending approval) with my SDS armor. Yes, gasp! SDS!!!  Hold the gunfire please.

There are many issues with it and the company that I won't go into here, but I was told SDS would never be accepted for EIB or Cent without ALLOT of work. 

Well, I did it and am almost there. Just takes some mods, patience and perseverance.

• Like 3

Hi all,

As the actual accuracy of the armour kit itself is not really considered with EI and Centurion, it’s almost possible to clear anything.

As mentioned, SDS has its share of accuracy issues in terms of the actual moulded plastic parts (helmet, chest piece, moulded ab buttons, overlap construction on the limbs, belt, thigh ammo pack shape etc.), yet it can still be taken up to Centurion (with a lot of hard work). This is because centurion is more about having the correct screws, the correct alignment, minimal black gaps around the kit etc., not about the plastic parts themselves.

In this sense, this is quite “fair” towards armour kits from all different makers and price groups.

On the other hand, those that want to make the most accurate and realistic suit of armour will choose the most accurately moulded kit within their price range.

:-)

• Like 2