My first Star Wars trooping box arrived!

Greetings, everyone!  I just wanted to make a quick post and say that today I received my first brown box from Dave Conklin at Dave’s Darkside Depot (on Facebook) that contained my recent order.  My first item for my new adventure down this Star Wars trooping rabbit hole!  I’m just getting started and reading everything I can find (here on the FISD forums) and watching lots of YouTube videos in doing my research.

Since I’m hard at work losing weight for my eventual full TK armor build, I thought I’d reward myself for my first 25lb loss and get an Armor Master 4.5 TK helmet to start on!

I opened the box and was immediately impressed at the quality of the ABS, the sharp crisp details and especially the thickness of the vacu-forming!  These helmet components were vastly pre-trimmed and looked largely pre-finished except for cutting out the teeth, the assembly and the painting.  I have to admit, I was kind of expecting a fairly flimsy pull with thin, fragile areas and a lot more trimming and pre-finishing to do before the assembly.  Was I surprised!  I’d seen several videos on basic helmet assembly, but it’s hard to tell just what your getting in quality from them.  

Let me assure any new prospective troopers out there that the Armor Master 4.5 armor kits from Dave’s Darkside Depot is A GREAT WAY TO GO!  Although I can honestly only speak from the standpoint of the helmet alone, I’m confident that the rest of Dave’s product is on par with my new helmet acquisition!  I’m glad of my decision and confident that the quality of the AM line is one of the best out there.  

Looking forward to my continued success with my health goals and my future ESB TK build.

Newbies CAN buy in confidence!

• Like 1

Great news, looking forward to seeing those BBB photos. Now after the pleasure of seeing that nice white ABS sit back and let the panic set in "what have I got myself into" ;) 

Good luck with the build, remember measure (research) twice and cut once :salute: