TK-42134's AM WIP

TK-42134

After owing an Anovos Original Trilogy Stormtrooper for two years, and reading how happy everyone is with AM, I decided to sell the Anovos TK to fund a new set of armor. I recently placed an order with Dave's Dark Side Depot. Hopefully the kit will arrive soon, but in the meantime, I have been catching up on other AM builds. My intention is to build it to Centurion. I am looking forward to another armor building journey, and will post pics as I progress. This will be an interesting time, as I will also be working on a Tusken Raider simultaneously. Long live the Empire.....

Armor: AM 4.5 (On Hand)

Boots: Imperial Boots (On Hand)

Neck Seal: Darman Props (On Hand)

Holster: Darman Props (On Hand)

Belt: Imperial Issue (On Hand)

Thermal Detonator Clips: Ukswrath (On Hand)

E-11 Blaster: Praetorian Blasters (On Hand)

Edited by TK-42134
  • Like 1

Looking forward to the BBB day and your build progress, the second time is much easier ;) 

• Like 1

25bad8d17d031ef7e300db6739c878d7.plist

It’s here. I just finished unwrapping all of the packing material off of it. I noticed my faceplate had a weird bubble under the left eye.6adaa49ae1504ccfabd82ab808ad4261.jpg&key=db8f66418425e6479a97c472477b2588883ebf969c6239d654890a8591f29571

But it will be replaced with a new one.

More pics to come soon. I’m very excited to start putting it together, and begin another armor building journey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Very exciting times, good to hear you will be getting a replacement faceplate, hope there are no more issues.

Oh man, you would hate RS/true-OG style helmets then... lumps and bumps everywhere! But not a usual hallmark of AM, so likely a mistake in production - their molds are too clean for that, so can't hurt to have Dave replace it. Good luck on your journey! AM is beautiful armor when finished, and tough. Let us know how we can support you!

Edited by TheRascalKing

• 2 weeks later...

1c33c04d4178d789f6e90be85e666e33.jpg
Getting the itch to start this thing. One thing I noticed was some “blisters” on my bells. Is this normal on AM kits?02b74afd24639808c4ec0b5008c579b3.jpg
ae0eb7995f005709bd06a3f883486174.jpg
In certain lighting conditions it is more noticeable. I think I will start with my forearms.

7 hours ago, TK-42134 said:

I don't know why Tapatalk posted this three times. :blink:

Forum has been playing up, extra posts removed ;) 

• Like 1

a5964b1fcf3f3092693d3c2c0f5027f8.jpg
It has begun!!! Made the first official cut on my AM Armor. Listening to some Amon Amarth (A Melodic Viking Death Metal group. GREAT stuff!) while I get to work.

• Like 3

That's a little annoying. You could still save it, glue some scrap plastic behind the crack, add a little ABS paste to the crack, sand and polish. As it is on the underside it won't be noticed ;) 

Dave is actually going to send me out another. His customer service skills are top notch. He said there was another trooper that is doing a Death Trooper and can use the one I just got, so I’m mailing it back to him. 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

9257dd5a7d0a30dfb7a72767633c9c62.jpg
de5e4356d743487050ae80bec5f9576c.jpg
Good morning. Getting around to working on my faceplate. I’ve trimmed the teeth and any filing them down. How are they looking so far?

• Like 2