nktzY5U.jpg

KiIhphX.jpg

X0OQz5S.jpg

5cP7pFU.jpg

b3C0d2O.jpg

Edited by Helotech
  • Like 1

Nice work trooper, a couple of suggestions before the DO's get here:

Your belt could come up a little, also watch the rotation of your forearms and left shin

UliOKGR.jpg&key=0e373520169ca513fde7458d 

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

Backplate appears to be overlapping your kidney also your right shoulder strap is sticking up at the back

80Q02Li.jpg&key=ed4f036aa40e31c147cf95f5

Could trim the excess belt material as it's covering your holster rivets

KRhqhbZ.jpg&key=7356ee18957ad7b5502d3825 42wC0pu.jpg

Looks like your right thigh has been trimmed offset at the back and coverstrip is not central

VmYWkxw.png

Shins are not level on the rear

tXa8TKW.jpg

Butt plate sticking out on right side

MMPyLJy.jpg&key=81a1e81840157d38a1f27920

Looks like there is some unpainted areas on the ridges on your vocoder

WelzV0x.jpg&key=87e6ff459fe901cad853558a

Sniper plate doesn't appears to be following the shin ridge, you could also remove the curved area (note using your EIB photo as one wasn't supplied in this app)

feDsnw1.jpg  Q5LXorf.png?1&key=98e9a57563375da7a7ca14KiIhphX.jpg&key=59f399750037b5f4d87597c2 

You have some return edge on your thigh ammo strip top and bottom

AQXgnUU.jpg   swZy2dt.jpg?1&key=27f92cc29fcd6c10b4590c

Hengstler/counter could be closer to the magazine

X0OQz5S.jpg&key=b93b3e2cfb03a0c4b30c9647500?cb=20160907053523

Also appears you are missing a cocking lever

mWAAfTH.jpg

Hh8O75M.jpg

Button cover does not appear to be in the middle (top to bottom) could also be closer to the end of the belt

OlA1z7p.jpgGjSdCiW.jpg?1&key=55a2b5725847be03db444f

Could also remove some of the curved return edge top and bottom

GHP8fDR.jpg

Could you also add an image of your shoulder strap elastic 

• The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

Also a close up of your "Han" snap 

• A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

Beautiful work on the helmet internals, I bet that is fun to put on ;) 

Good luck with approval

• Like 3

Man you are picky!  :P

Totally LOL

I guess I didn't provide some of my updated build and completed pics. Thought they were present in my EI build. That seems so long ago....

I don't want to be a "CRL Lawyer", but I want to make sure I am not carrying out or overdoing unnecessary fixes with the possible chance of damaging/ruining something just to make it absolutely perfect. Yes, building perfect armor is desirable, but if something is not mentioned in the CRL, do we have to fix it for Centurion?

I just want to do the best I can and also help those who follow.

Examples:

1. Belt and thigh ammo pack return edge: The belt just has a very slight rounded top leading to a very minor (about less than 1/8mm) return edge along some of the back. The entire bottom does not have an edge. the return is not mentioned in the CRL for the belt. Only the forearms. Same for the thigh ammo strip return edge. Allot of the thigh ammo belt has no edge, only parts. My belt has cracked in one area, and I think a slight return edge may help prevent further cracking due to thicker material on the edges. Does it need to be fixed?
  2. "Minimal overlap" is allowed between the back and kidney. This may have been me not standing properly for the pose. I'll have my handy assistant make sure things are hanging properly for next pics,  but is there anything that states what "minimal" is?

Belt return edge and crappy repair

PXxUsDP.jpg

Minimal return edge

4VCSSlR.jpg

HELMET

For the vocoder, original ANH helmet shots attached :

1. Does the entire "vertical bumpy" area need painting?
  2. My vocoder matches the hero one in pic 1 fairly well, and is even closer to to the one in pic 4, including the slight downturn of the black edge between the outside two stripes and the middle three strips. Maybe my 2nd outside stripe can be slightly taller.
  3. Notice distinct differences between vocoders in Pic 3. The one on the right (stunt) seems like a big black blob and yet if you look closely the paint does not reach all the way to the top of the bumps. If I painted the entire vocoder bumpy area then I'll also have a big black blob. Then it wouldn't match the left helmet in pic 3 which is a hero helmet.
  4. The helmet pic in the HERO CRL is not great and is only a 1/4 view. It does not show the vocoder well. If this is a picky area, a better example should be added.

My helmet

WelzV0x.jpg

Pic 1

IMG_8433.jpg

Pic 2

origBrFront1.jpg

Pic 3

herostuntLFL.jpg

Pic 4

ANH_HD_Hero01.jpg

• Elastic pics added. Right one adjusted with hair dryer...
  • The pic you have of the top of the both calf armor being misaligned (wood flooring in the pic) was a simple dressing error for my EI application and corrected later on. If you look at my back new picture with the carpet floor, both are aligned. 
  • Single male snap is pictured and commented in OP.

Left elastic

9Tn3pxU.jpg

Back edge of right  shoulder strap is floating about 6mm off the back armor. It's very stiff due to me having to put a reinforcing strip on the whole bottom. The shoulder strap has snapped twice on me...

mCKellm.jpg

Other fixes:

1. Cocking handle for E11. 
  2. The right thigh back cover strip: The cover strip is centered over the split opening. The raised ridge area  (seen at extreme right of your red box) is only prominent to the right of the cover strip. On the left it is actually fairly smooth with no step. If I trimmed off this raised area, I would lose about 1" material, which is HUGE. It would then be much skinnier than the left thigh armor, and may be difficult to put on.
  3. Sniper plate can be fixed to a certain degree, but as many know it can be a beast to fit exactly. Trimming it should be easy, but changing placement will be hard due to the contours of the plate and shin.
  4. Easy fixes: Belt fabric trimming, Belt button plates, vocoder paint, butt armor sticking out, placement of belt higher near ab button plates, dressing issues (rotation of arms and shims)

And yes, it is tight in the helmet, but doable. LOL

Some adjusting to be done to make it sit better on my head and give me more mic room.

As always, you are awesome Glen. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Edited by Helotech
  • Like 1

Thanks Jonas!

When are you applying? ;)

The bells were a complete pain and still not perfect, but best I can do for now.

To anyone reading, I'm hoping I didn't come off as a pain in my response above for the fixes. Just want to make sure I don't go overboard when it isn't required and to clarify points.

Cheers to all. Stay safe.

• Like 1

Hey Dave! Mike, who did your original EIB review, is no longer on the DO team, so I'll be doing your Centurion review. You've done some great fixes since your EIB submission, but there are a couple of small fixes that will need to happen before we can proceed with your application.

First, the L3 Hero CRL states:

• The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Your is sitting *just* a bit low. When you check out the reference photos, it's actually ok for the belt to slightly overlap the bottom ab buttons. On my own kit, I added a couple of small strips of velcro to the back of my belt to keep it from sagging.

ACtC-3cZsIn_VFDvt9hdfRwzKtt7r2VBwse53jGSS3APiD8UiuxlRzzTx9EJt9OcTlONHjwa12xnDvX8buMBYJkRSgUGHVX3LdSsTqQDnFTnzbTFa3ncfmC-DlWvR8lWPFvd0Wrre-_sSbmtF06tn6jjSpNtRA=w1322-h937-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3dRwYTjKn4J5p2_-OzV2UsBdg4IVtXoal3XkQ1B4ldM5EKV08Gh5MhBhIfAgkZ26X_EB3KzKafU1MgWnL0pBMiyPxiyX8GY4Zaay9988VrhjaSfGvhZvvxd5JDxYvQzeSGMzli-pCgTnXCX5anSy_YNTQ=w455-h607-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3dA_PRO1S_3jBHeI8FZn6aStGXNgwj2hQwCGyg3w2MYsnzm2kREyFGfGZgkPzvQnsC8rV4UP8wCxIiwHtaaucqJw3DPRE2BIMyp6AybVycuWS3UvIVgXgnMNiXmGyFi_ZYEUZ3zyCfEF5_a3ie9IYBKPw=w388-h193-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3d6roX0UaOVDMWY4atlaMaIqLm33vbcUPaW7EY59F5sIjhD7MhD_hackdTA6enH4LEIrTxK5e-PCxTH9piJ-2sLFqzJHLd1DBcmhCYV0qYCRHJNdLOxEHUEjrxOR6sPiPy1mltc6hlhE3uW5CU-pxQJ9Q=w399-h316-no?authuser=1

Next, the L3 CRL states:

• No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed.

It's a bit hard to tell from the photo, but I do believe you still have some return edge on the wrist side of your forearm. You'll need to make sure there is no ABS slanting inwards. Could you please post updated/clearer photos of both wrists as well? Should be a fairly simple fix with scissors, a sander, or a dremel.

ACtC-3eNYBmfbXZHCSNWBoehEoyGW42VA5ZCibL1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eJy6OaEN6BI-uqgzHCeJcHdO8O-l1oMDrq

Thanks!
Sha Sha

• Like 1

Sha sha.

Thank you for taking the time to review my file.

Some pics as requested. I will have to wait for the belt / ab button plate shot as I was working on some belt fixes Eagle Eye Glen picked up....

I do have velcro under the belt, but the belt was not put on properly when I dressed. I'll make sure my beautiful handler checks it during our next photo shoot in a day or two.

Until then, please let me know if these will suffice.

Various pics rotating around the forearm wrist area. Both arms.

dJZI0TG.jpg

TH6ze3u.jpg

XxMQ51o.jpg

RYvrizv.jpg

51ORRTG.jpg

oBqWUpB.jpg

Blaster pics. Hengstler counter moved forward about an inch:

TisXye5.jpg

Cocking handle, you cocky devil you...

TfFtvFF.jpg

Lqedj2E.jpg

Left belt button centered.

MrNlZiX.jpg

Other fixes:

1. Cocking handle for E11 and moving the counter. DONE
  2. The right thigh back cover strip: The cover strip is centered over the split opening. The raised ridge area  (seen at extreme right of your red box) is only prominent to the right of the cover strip. On the left it is actually fairly smooth with no step. If I trimmed off this raised area, I would lose about 1" material, which is HUGE. It would then be much skinnier than the left thigh armor, and may be difficult to put on. Not sure if I will address this.
  3. Sniper plate can be fixed to a certain degree, but as many know it can be a beast to fit exactly. Trimming it should be easy, but changing placement will be hard due to the contours of the plate and shin. Will work on it if required
  4. Thigh ammo and belt strip return edge Next to no return edge on both. Just rounded top edge of the armor. Not sure if I will address.
  5. Easy fixes: 
    1. Belt fabric trimming, DONE
    2. Belt button plates DONE
    3. vocoder paint Will wait and see
    4. butt armor sticking out Working on it
    5. placement of belt higher near ab button plates Dressing issue. Will fix it during photo shoot.
    6. dressing issues (rotation of arms and shims) Dressing issue. Will fix during photo shoot.

Cheers!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Helotech said:

When are you applying? ;)

I'm going slow, but I have ordered new button panels at the same time as new shoulder bridges. Should arrive soon! I am saving for my next armor though so it will probably be awhile before I start to fix other things.

Edited by LEGOeatPokemon

Hi Dave!

Unless my eyes our deceiving me, it does still look like you have some return edge at the 'hump' of the forearm:

ACtC-3c-bgH4Mr1j05nf-0wAqlA18M7MfDcjVwQH

It looks like the forearm is curving in a bit at the wrist, when it should be flat.

If it helps, here is the photo from my own submission: 

ACtC-3eSoD87pk4CueJFsnnVimgA48E2rtQTZlFf

Your updated photos don't need to be super-duper close up. I'd rather see clear, in-focus photos than extreme closeups. Thanks!

Hey !

Pics of the forearms lower edge:

RTDBQNj.jpg

K7Un6t7.jpg

I understand the confusion in my pics, but what I think you are seeing is a rounded top edge, not a return edge.

I've attached a handy dandy cross section diagram of what the forearms look like. The forearm narrows slightly from top to bottom. The "angled in is just exaggerated in my diagram.

Make sense?

5kD6Y0D.png

Please let me know if there is anything else, and thanks again for looking.

Dave

Thanks for the updated pics! After conferring with the rest of the DO team, we'd like you to remove the remaining bits indicated below: 

ACtC-3craD-ri9U5hN-r-F9w_Qnt5v8T9itEGZEzBXR3x_lyF8Gu9UgYsLxsG5UDxVfLWIW-4VYy9HmGhkUGAVqOiY8H49R0IAm5K0fgE7ya5trmolEzrhsLAzZTGybXVu09MLnjt9eS9TFOX4-SFY2N1FTayw=w1400-h1005-no?authuser=1

ACtC-3dHDqkEPvNOHXA733npriDnrWzg9RCX5Fd6Kf2O5dHhF1-gI-HDXbGdL0IbOlm1QvV1gugDbh-4KZsz_9Jij3pJMD5tH0UC9y5x3URxnmoaJn3sSDljSmg6Js05mrJENQKv_EpNwETUGFBNCvoZLDyc9A=w1400-h859-no?authuser=1

I think at this point it's largely semantics and maybe not even correct to call that 'return edge' but the idea is that we remove all traces of the narrowing of the wrist.

ACtC-3dmmNUWjq85qTP8APEBCx7ISKC1bzctJttW

ACtC-3ficoQCDJzVuoRQpxfa0FfndBkBEwSY31EK

Should be a relatively quick fix. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, Helotech said:

The details will always get ya

CYbM9EH.gif

Hi Dave!

Just checking in on your progress here with the updated belt photos. Definitely take any time you need, but I wanted to make sure you weren't waiting on us for anything. The wrist return edge looks great. :)

Hey Sha!.

Thanks for checking in. :) 

I wasn't waiting on you. Just busy with work and haven't had a chance to get the armor on.

Do you need a pic of me in the armor, or would it dressed on the mannequin be ok? I know what the answer to that will be, but thought I would roll the dice.... :D

I'll get some pics ASAP

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Helotech said:

Hey Sha!.

Thanks for checking in. :) 

I wasn't waiting on you. Just busy with work and haven't had a chance to get the armor on.

Do you need a pic of me in the armor, or would it dressed on the mannequin be ok? I know what the answer to that will be, but thought I would roll the dice.... :D

I'll get some pics ASAP

On you would be preferable. :) Take your time.

• shashachu changed the title to TK-98695 Requesting ANH Hero Centurion Status (SDS) (In Review - corrections requested)

And round 25....

Belt adjusted and repositioned

xos1Zph.jpg

KE046xf.jpg

Belt end trimmed. Holster attachment buttons not covered (Thank you Glen)

2E3ZkO4.jpg

Trooper butt fixed. Front ends of butt plate no longer flare out. Yet again, thanks Glen ;)

j0zDTUa.jpg

Please let me know if there is anything else Sha. Thanks for looking!!!!

Dave

• Like 4