Jakob's RWA ANH stunt build (aiming for centurion)

Yacorp

2 hours ago, Yacorp said:

I don't quite understand what you want me to do with my forearms. Bring the up or down? Or twist?

For the shoulder bridges i'll just move the elastic loops downwards, so the will actually hold the rear part of the shoulder bridges.

The chin strap is only temporary, I'll imensly improve the helmet interior with some tech and proper padding over the course of the next months, but I haven't even ordered most of the parts for this.

You have a larger gap between the bicep and forearms on one side, you could either bring the forearms up on the left or lower on the other side to match, have a look at the rear photo.

Hi Jakob, what Glen means is that your biceps looks a bit uneven and you can down the left and I would suggest to down a bit your forearms to close the gap wrist/hand plates.   I know those photos aren't for approval , but you can take note.

Reference images

pupjrFc.jpg               ozm6t2D.jpg 

x4XS4mF.jpg?1

• Like 1

Glen, Mario, thanks for clearing this up for me. I opted to try to get the left biceps to the same height as the right one, before I turn to the forearms. We'll see how it goes.

Here is a picture of my very primitiv, but for now finished helmet interior:

igTo7Bq.jpg

I also went with increasing the eye socket a tiny bit:

gD1eXys.jpgkHWybNA.jpg

My next try with the sniper knee is now done as well:

xzKVEX5.jpgDWLV1H1.jpg

RsJS5n2.jpg6pjMAlk.jpg

LPA8rfE.jpg

The side shown in the last picture doesn't look good and will probably need to be redone, but are the middle and the other side ok?

• Like 1

Awesome work mate.

your Helmet interior looks screen accurate :duim:    and your overall  looks great.

f7zpMVu.jpg?1

for the sniper knee I think it looks good and L3 approvable as it.   :jc_doublethumbup:  keep it up !! 

Very nice work. A block of foam either side before your ears is great for holding the helmet in place, so you don't get the "bobble head" wobble while moving your head.

• Like 1

Great to hear guys!

For the helmet interior im planning to coat it with black velcro entirely. This will give me the common advantage of people not really seeing my face through the lenses and from down below, along with maximum flexibility where to place my tech.

So there is two ways to got about this

a) Line the helmet with hook velcro, directely attach the padding to the hook velcro, and put loop velcro on the fans and voice amp.

Here i'm worryied about the scratchy nature of the hook velcro, especially when putting the helmet on and of.

b) Line the helmet with loop velcro, and put hook velrco on padding&tech.

Here i'm unsure if self adhesiv velcro will actually attach to the padding. I'm looking a the kind of padding that Cableguy and many others use.

04Q2uaj.jpg

Which of these do you think would be the smarter option?

• Like 1

I tried the self stick velcro once and with warmth it does can come off, if you are going to line with one I would say the softer velcro inside and hook on the pieces you want to add like padding and so. I painted the inside of mine in a satin black which darkens the interior enough so there is no reflection through the lenses with outside light. I like using paint as I can wipe off any sweat that builds up, which happens a lot at long hot troops. I have velcro glued with E6000 only in spots that the padding and fans sit. Good idea to have padding with velcro as you can remove and wash when sweaty.

Look forward to seeing it finished, be quite a lot of work to get is all sitting right, especially with the curves, good luck

Great to hear guys!

For the helmet interior im planning to coat it with black velcro entirely. This will give me the common advantage of people not really seeing my face through the lenses and from down below, along with maximum flexibility where to place my tech.

So there is two ways to got about this
a) Line the helmet with hook velcro, directely attach the padding to the hook velcro, and put loop velcro on the fans and voice amp.
Here i'm worryied about the scratchy nature of the hook velcro, especially when putting the helmet on and of.

B) Line the helmet with loop velcro, and put hook velrco on padding&tech.
Here i'm unsure if self adhesiv velcro will actually attach to the padding. I'm looking a the kind of padding that Cableguy and many others use.
04Q2uaj.jpg&key=c4da3f3dfa6c002bbd6c9484302f6b72dfbb4542f91d2da6bddd1fcc04a6e6f1

Which of these do you think would be the smarter option?

Velcro could be quite an expensive way to do it compared with EVA foam sheets. Have you considered those as an alternative?

Here’s how the self adhesive EVA foam sheets (around 2mm thick, I think) look inside one of my lids. You can then adhere Velcro to different areas, as required. :-)

I'll look into the EVA sheets. I might use these and velcro on top where needed.

Today put everything together for the very first time. Been able to put everything on by myself, exept for the second arm :)

I just noticed that my right glove slipped on some of the pictures.

ff3eXwk.jpgNhtLoGM.jpg

Xi5F2R8.jpgD1GsmcR.jpg

wA1Eu4F.jpgwxqrOY1.jpg

Kd7RrXZ.jpgzj9861f.jpg

My hands feel pretty empty, I just don't know where to put them. I feel like i'm missing something :D

I think it's time for doopydoo's to get their act together any finally get back to making some blasters.

I've now applyed with the garrison, and ordered some fans from StrmTRPR85. Next up will be getting a transport bin for the whole thing and turning towards the helmet interior.

For coating the helmet I've now settled to use Plasti-dip.

• Like 1

Nice work good luck with approval, just watch the alignment of your legs, coverstrips should be aligned with each other. Also make sure you push those glove ends into the forearms ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

8JRZuHb.jpg

isbG41I.jpg

I got back home after a while, so here is a quick update on my TK :-)

I've gotten some trooper stuff to unbox, specificly velcro & padding for the helmet. Along with some white undergloves to not get the actual TK-gloves sweaty. I'm currently charging the ANKER, to see how long it can run my new cooling system. Cheers to StrmTRPR85 for making those fans with a speed control function for me!

So far I've sprayed the helmet interior with 4 layers of plasti-dip, at least one more will follow. (picture shows 2 layers)

This all brings the helmet interior a lot further. Once the padding and fans are in place I'll check wheather I need Ukswrath's hearing assist system.

Meanwhile the German Garrison has noted me that they recieved my application, but they haven't yet got to review my armor. Fingers crossed

• Like 2

Hope you hear something soon, I remember the suspense and constantly checking emails ;) 

• 3 weeks later...

apexPoo.jpg

Another trip home, and some more (slow) progress on the helmet. Installed the padding and played a little with the positioning of the fans. I've settled to install the fans as shown in the picture but - as can be seen on the right - the cable isn't long enough to reach the Anker, so I'm gonna have to add some length to the cable first.

I ordered an E-11 from ImperialWarfigthers on Friday, and it's set to reach me just before christmas :)

My plans to build an E-11 myself aren't canceled, but merely delayed, due to the lack of a doopydoos kit.

Unfortunately there have been no news on my garrison application so far, but it shouldn't take much longer now.

Now it's time for me to browse ukswraths fancy electronics section :D

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Reporting back with some progress after a while :-)

I got myself a pile of ukswrath's electronics and spent the afternoon figuring out which cables will have to go where :D

oYuk1DC.jpg

This is where I'll start off tomorrow:

IZFivhW.jpg

• Like 1

The helmet interior is looking a lot messier already, but i'm not quite done yet. The mic and speaker cables are still missing, I'll have to remove the ears to put them in.

I'm leaving out the wireless reciever for the TK-chatter entirely, since the mp3-player is just about the same size anyway, and it fits perfectly next to my fan switch.

The mic needs to sit uncomfortably close to my lips for it to trigger the icomm, but I got it all to work for now. Perhaps i'll get another mic some day.

xVgQzCa.jpg

My blaster from imperial warfighters is now coming, it should be here in a couple of days :)

Meanwhile the German Garrison is still having massive troubles with their e-mail servers making it impossible for them to process my application to the 501st.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Yacorp said:

Meanwhile the German Garrison is still having massive troubles with their e-mail servers making it impossible for them to process my application to the 501st.

Sorry to hear that, hopefully they will get it sorted soon

I lacked both a drill small enough to make holes for the mics and a drill small enough to make invisible holes in the rank bars. So I carved out the mic holes with an exacto knife.

ZxcuZjL.jpg

For the tiny holes in the ear rank bars I used a needle that I heated in the flame of a candle. This worked great, went right through the ABS. When piercing the plastic I made sure to do so from the invisible inside of the ear, as pulling out the needle will leave a small trace of molten ABS. The heat of the needle turns the plastic black at the puncture site, so i didn't even have to colour the holes in order to hide them.

Pbs0baK.jpg

The helmet is now resting, with the mics glueing in their places.

gSLIGiK.jpg

Excellent news for me today!

First i've recieved my blaster from imperial warfighters:

p58jYgr.jpg

p0uBgf4.jpg

BxdwUx4.jpg

I only know very little about blasters, so I'm very much open to any suggested modifications that might be necessary to get this cleared up to centurion.

The blaster feels quite a bit heavier than i expected it to be, so I put it on a scale and it shows to be exactly 1,2 kg. I've expected the blaster to be made out of rubber, but it doesn't feel like rubber at all, in fact it feels like most parts are made out of metall.

So i checked back with my facebook chat with imperial warfighters, and it appears i forgot to mention which material i wanted my blaster to be - lol.

Then checked the imperial warfighters shop, turns out he offers both resin and rubber versions of the E-11, but no metall. So I'm guessing this is resin?

Anyway, handed the blaster to my sister for like 10 seconds (sic!) and she managed to break  the trigger immediately :(

I don't this this could have happened with a rubber blaster, luckily this will be easy to fix.

zlgPb27.jpg

On a second note, the German Garrison have taken the time over the holidays to work on a website that will allow them to handle costume applications without relying on e-mails to much. Last weekend they offered me, that I could resend my application, this time via the new website as a beta test for the site and I did so immediately.

Today I've recieved the great news!

The new application has been immediately labeled "ready for duty" without any complaints. All thanks to the great advice i've recieved from the many helpful minds here on the FISD.

A huge Thank You to all of you who supported me throughout this build!

Now it should just be a matter of days until I recieve my TK-number and may begin to apply for Expert Infantry :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

TK-61199 reporting back - for the first time with an actual TK-number that is :)

I've recieved Level 2 clearance without any complaints and will now join the race for centurion 500.

Already started working on the DO's suggestions to improve the details of my armor starting at the top with the side traps that can use a little repaint. While at it I also repainted the ears screws as their white paintjob has been damaged a little while installing the SHA.

Speaking of this, the helmet interior is almost final now, I'll post some pics tomorrow.

WDPnneU.jpg

Meanwhile I also got to my next project, once again inspired by what Cableguy did before me :D: the 145 litre homebase storage box.

This will become fully foam padded to finally give my armor a proper storing place.

tx5cW72.jpg

4pyaF9g.jpg

Next to all this I started researching some Krayt things to further keep my occupied... :D

Meanwhile my instantPot has joined in with my starwars cosplay:

zo0Mq4S.jpg

Edited by Yacorp
  • Like 2

As promised some pictures of the helmet interior:

It's complete with icomm, SHA and amplifier in the back...

8zae05b.jpg

mic, mp3, 2 fans and a powerbank stored in the front

GxzZIJI.jpg

SHA speakeres placed on foam block to rest directely above my ears

switches for fan and Volume control are on the left

PUejul4.jpg

Edited by Yacorp