Jakob's RWA ANH stunt build (aiming for centurion)

Yacorp

7 hours ago, Yacorp said:

Strapping continues

3Gmv7HN.jpg

Experiments are made

c7iKiWp.jpg

and begun the paint job has

RXvIWWx.jpgw2zmdhz.jpgDGftHGc.jpg

Looking good! Don't forget to spray those mic tip interiors white while they're still disassembled! I usually do the interior and lips first with a quick masking of the outside, then after they FULLY dry, flip em face down to redo the satin black exterior!

I'm using brushes not spraypaint, so I can take care of the mic tips even when they are already attached to the helmet. I'll get to this tomorrow.

I've got templates for the rear traps, is there a left and a right one or doesn't it matter which one I put where?

Meanwhile I added some grey to the mix and fixed up the lower ridges of the thighs with ABS paste.

ZbqLZlG.jpgiBydvLj.jpg

As usually with my photos the lighting is terrible, but don't worry I used the correct colors for the ab buttons.

Sh7DmLL.jpg

TD screws painted black, and velcro on the back to prevent scratching.

t4Nw6TH.jpgXawtUGY.jpg

Nice work, your bottom ear screw is a little off center and low

RXvIWWx.jpg

Couple of references

DaveMANH08.jpggallery_12157_13_296927.jpg

Also you could go a little larger on the curve on your thigh ammo strip

3Gmv7HN.jpg&key=fb0919df9e425794172e46de 2pvrAr5.jpg?1&key=8e87fbd8d8c6680b44fc40

Helmet all painted now, i'm curious what i'll see once the templates are off. I haven't messed with the lower ear screw yet.

k9SYi7T.jpg

XyWbHRe.jpg

sdW0z4Q.jpg

I had planned to attach the lense to the top screws like Ross does in his video, but realised that it is clearely to short to reach them. Now I'll have to see if I can get some sugru tomorrow. My new plan would be to cut out the individual lenses using a heavy duty razor knife and then attach them using sugru as Joseph suggests.

rrkmiuR.jpg

The mic mesh is obviously still missing, as is padding.

The rest of the armor is almost done now, my arms have strapping, and love how nicely the forearm can be stored within the upper arm.

yr47JCC.jpg

For the thighs, I painted the rivets white, und increased the curves on the thigh ammo belt. Also the ABS treatement has closed the gaps.

hlwUlyR.jpg

Qllc1EG.jpg

Hey Jakob,

Nice worn so far.

Just a couple of tiny things that might be mentioned if you go for the higher levels of clearance.

Firstly, it looks like you may have applied your tune stripe templates to the opposite sides. It’s hard to be positive from the photos you’ve posted, but, it looks like that’s the case. When applied on the opposite sides, the first few stripes point more up towards the eyes than leaning forward towards the frown. Here’s a full piece on the subject;

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44755-tube-stripes-anh-stunt-dave-m/

Secondly, you still have the flashing on the thigh ammo pack. Ideally, this would have been trimmed off.

14ae2e1658db62957ac953138dc2c967.jpg

Keep yo the good work. :-)

I shall quickly take care of the knee ammo belt tomorrow. Those tube stripes are a dam problem though.  Of course I got these mixed up, I wish I had seen your thread sooner! Do you think it might work to reuse the templates? Or would that just make a mess of things? Sure I could order new ones, but I only have a couple of days left until university starts and then I'll be far away from my workshop and armor for a while.

• Like 1

Hiya.

It’s easily done. But it’s not too bad to correct it.

If your templates are still in an okay state, you should be fine to reuse them. It’s likely that you can just amend the first 4 or so stripes each side. This saves you having to remove and reapply all of them.

On 10/17/2020 at 5:31 PM, Yacorp said:

Is the left one sitting ok? I've drawn a suggested new position for the right ear screw. Is that better?

Dbb58b0.jpg

Looks much better, you will have to add some ABS paste to the other hole, sand and polish but it will be worth it in the end.

5 hours ago, Yacorp said:

k9SYi7T.jpg

A good tip with templates is to paint white first, this should fill any areas that may bleed, then you can paint the desired color over the top.

I just peeled of the templates and look now nice thos tears turned out...., traps are easily fixable, but my gods what is that?!

The tube stripes did not go well at all. I think I might have used to much white paint beneath the blue. At least this makes the removal of the front 4 stripes easier.

10nHUQS.jpgeXDjpoJ.jpg

FBDBCv2.jpgeW0aakg.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Jakob,  it looks pretty good , I think if you want it perfect, you  could sand a bit more the 1 mm edge that is still there.

qAeN59g.jpg?1    ao6bmpS.jpg?1

vYPMr9E.jpg?1     

REFERENCE IMAGES  

CK8SDvT.jpg?1   rb9jZhz.jpg      s2PigIF.jpg?2

:salute:

I just peeled of the templates and look now nice thos tears turned out...., traps are easily fixable, but my gods what is that?!
The tube stripes did not go well at all. I think I might have used to much white paint beneath the blue. At least this makes the removal of the front 4 stripes easier.

10nHUQS.jpg&key=89c064b6deba79960c180e2b9bb671be0a00ebec084a63a41a9a7ed82d9336cdeXDjpoJ.jpg&key=b247fa6a80a1de939e5e75919cb7ff9b46db3516b0d5b8ead7b4a41d1eed0ec5
FBDBCv2.jpg&key=81317843184f0d641878820db4d3cd235629c8ae2d469f0c4950503e542b6b69eW0aakg.jpg&key=432c2cccd18a3dcb8faedfa0a47e9c06f182af421f48a7c2b2d1af891f7ade2b

Oh yes - not ideal, but good practice. I’ve never used white paint first on mine so don’t really gave much advice on that part. I prefer just to paint the blue and then tidy any leakage with a toothpick.

You could either consider applying the same templates and try again, or, perhaps consider going freehand. Either way, try to keep the stripes approximately a pencil width from the the cheek.
Here’s how I did mine free hand, if you choose that route.

Thigh ammo pack looking better. As Mario said, you could trim a tiny bit more if you can, however, what you have is probably fine for basic clearance (check with your GML if in doubt). :-)
  • Like 1

I don't feel confident enough to paint the stripes freehand, but your results with the toothpick are most impressive. When/if i order new templates I will try to apply your technique and do it without painting white underneath the blue. We will see how my fix of the tube stripes turns out, but to be honest I don't think it will be fully satisfying.

Will finish up the thigh ammo belt tomorrow as it requires dayllight to properly see what I should be grinding of.

For the helmet I've now magically moved the lower ear screw and completed the hovi mics.

dccckrC.jpg

HmT3gKz.jpg0Mp2lJN.jpgZYWrvOP.jpg

Apart from the helmet the kit is now complete. (The tiny elastic to hold down the shoulder bridges is still glueing)

Being able to put on the entire armor alone still seems like witchcraft for me, but I'm getting better with the individual pieces.

Now for the first time I actually brought all the parts together (with proper strapping). So lets have a look.

urtGulv.jpg

HaMtG8S.jpg

6fix8pN.jpg

XPxNYkH.jpg

F7QzD8L.jpg

5K7aibR.jpg

vtklY2L.jpg

mT0ZR5h.jpg

Diagnose:

1. Shoulder bells are to far away from body parts.

2. Right thigh hanging lower then the left one.

3. Left shin to low, and not really alligning as well.

Cure:

1. Move the sew on snaps outward on the black elastic - easy

2. Move the rigth thigh up? Or the left one down?

3?

I'm sure with all your expertise and eagle eyes you folks will spot some more places that require special care. I'm open for any and all suggestions :-)

Nice work, you could move your biceps upward this will give you more room at your elbows, perhaps bring your forearms upward a little too so they aren't touching your handplates

Shoulder straps could do to be bent down on the back. You may also want to check you TD measurements, appears you more of a gap from panel to endcap on one side.

mT0ZR5h.jpg&key=9da9b87de719d9115228372fTD%2520measurements.jpg&key=14576a89d060

Probably bring your left thigh down as it's hitting your cod

5K7aibR.jpg&key=698883f1463b29d7e2d0dcbd

I have had success before using painters tape to may templates, I printed some tube stripe templates, cut out the stripes and use that for a template for the painters tape.

hi Jakob.  first fit test and look everything is going great.  what I can see quickly is your sniper knee .

for level 2 states :  Sniper knee plate must be aligned with the ridges on the shin.

In your case it looks that you can align a bit more to the ridges and vertically with the front cover strip.

R5hV84h.jpg

Reference Images 

BNYlK7a.jpg   fQSMSmr.jpg        J5RVyTq.jpg?2

Cheers. 

Thank you all for your input on my armor!

So I fired up the dremelonce more on took care of the knee ammo:

DgpztX2.jpgKHoQYMd.jpg

dvLgPOy.jpg

Check I guess.

Also check on the TD, the end cap was just coming off on the picture. When properly attached there is no gap between the TD clip and the end cap.

The tube stripes turned out pretty wonky, but look much better than before.

oxQdMlu.jpgASnh74R.jpg

I've moved up the both bicepses and brought the left shoulder bell closer to the body, I'll get pictures of this once the gluue has dried.

Lastly I ripped off the sniper knee and started over. I grinded down even more of the top end of the coverstrip, and gave the knee plate a hot water treatment. Then glued it back on but just the middle part. I'll leave this for 24h and then see if I can get the sides to allign. In the middle the gap between the coverstrip and the lower end of the knee plate is now down to 3mm. Not great, but definitely an improvement. Pushing the kneeplate any closer will once again ruin any chances to get the sides alligned. In the reference pictures Mario has provided there is some gap as well, so I hope this is gonna be ok?

0cQQY9P.jpg6TsYHD3.jpg

JVifZJG.jpg

UXSyuZz.jpg

Aside from kneeplate issues, what can you recommend for me to get the left shin to  sit properly? I feel like it sits to low on the pictures in my previous post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yacorp said:

Aside from kneeplate issues, what can you recommend for me to get the left shin to  sit properly? I feel like it sits to low on the pictures in my previous post.

Hi Jakob, let me say you have done an awesome work ,  almost there!!  :jc_doublethumbup:

About the left shin, in my opinion, lower or higher depends more on the trooper height , looking at your photo, what I would do is to lower the left thigh a bit ti level with the right one so the small gap Thigh/knee get smaller. 

Reference Images 

UGNLUdh.jpg                2sRWAJj.jpg

Cheers

Lid finished!!!

I'll clean it and add a chinstrap tomorrow.

DXcppTw.jpgsT0mOO5.jpgzKr9A5W.jpg

For the sniperknee the sides are now glueing, we'll see how that turns out.

Here's some pics showing the newly positioned arms:

ByJI14e.jpgkeBg00j.jpgp9acfb6.jpg

i6YPQsD.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work, just make sure you even out your gaps, biceps to forearms are a little out on the rear image, you could tweak the gap a little more and reduce the gap at the forearm to gloves. Should straps are still sitting up so you may have to curve them a little flatter.

p9acfb6.jpg&key=cd9760fdd7ec6465b62ecef0

I tried a chin strap on my first helmet and it was horrible, kept digging in to my neck so I did away with it, know I use two thick rectangles of foam, one either side of the head in front of the ears, it's thick enough to hold the helmet on the head tight and doesn't allow the "bobble effect".

By the way, if you find that visibility is poor (or you just want to go that mile), you could consider removing a little more from the eye sockets (looks like 2-3mm perhaps).

b0454c49fd0c42a1840506affa1c36f8.jpg

Possibly suggestion, below;

fdd30b5b520d6428dfeb987e68542964.png

As always, this is not compulsory. Just one of those optional little tweaks. :-)

vor 9 Stunden schrieb gmrhodes13:

Nice work, just make sure you even out your gaps, biceps to forearms are a little out on the rear image, you could tweak the gap a little more and reduce the gap at the forearm to gloves. Should straps are still sitting up so you may have to curve them a little flatter.

p9acfb6.jpg&key=cd9760fdd7ec6465b62ecef0

I tried a chin strap on my first helmet and it was horrible, kept digging in to my neck so I did away with it, know I use two thick rectangles of foam, one either side of the head in front of the ears, it's thick enough to hold the helmet on the head tight and doesn't allow the "bobble effect".

I don't quite understand what you want me to do with my forearms. Bring the up or down? Or twist?

For the shoulder bridges i'll just move the elastic loops downwards, so the will actually hold the rear part of the shoulder bridges.

The chin strap is only temporary, I'll imensly improve the helmet interior with some tech and proper padding over the course of the next months, but I haven't even ordered most of the parts for this.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb CableGuy:

By the way, if you find that visibility is poor (or you just want to go that mile), you could consider removing a little more from the eye sockets (looks like 2-3mm perhaps).

b0454c49fd0c42a1840506affa1c36f8.jpg

Possibly suggestion, below;

fdd30b5b520d6428dfeb987e68542964.png

As always, this is not compulsory. Just one of those optional little tweaks. :-)

Thanks, I'll do a visibility check once I've cleaned my lenses :-)

• Like 1