ANH Stunt - AP Trimmed - First TK Build

MightyAtom

Hey folks, First post here on FISD and I'm excited to announce this is my first every 501st build! I'm building a TK Stunt with my sights set on Centurion certification. May as well gun for the top from the get-go!

I'm from Melbourne, Australia, and looking to join the Nightfall Garrison here. The folks there have already helped me this far, but now I'm inviting the larger community for your opinions and help. I actually ordered my armour in February, but the pandemic has played all sorts of havoc worldwide and I received my trimmed kit from AP only a few weeks back. I may not make the first 1000 (maybe I'll be 1001!), but I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun regardless. This delay also meant I've had a stack of time to research builds and acquire tools and mods to get me to Centurion. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kit details:

TK Armour: AP (Mr No Stripes brackets)

Helmet: AP

S-trim: Trooperbay

Visor: Trooperbay

HOVI Tips: Ukswrath speakers

Helmet VOX: iComm or Arduino (See: Arduino Based Voice Changer thread)

Neck seal: Darman's Props

Belt: Canvas (AP)

Centurion completion kit (Joseph)

Gloves: Ansell Heavy Duty

Hand guards: Latex (Joesph)

Boots: Imperial Boots

Undersuit: Extreme Racing

E-11 Blaster: Premier Props

BBB Day!

fwzPu8R.jpg

The trimmed kit

XNUzn3B.jpg

I've actually begun the build on small pieces first, to build up my skill and courage to move onto the larger pieces. I'll post progress pics below.

• Like 3

The first piece I built was the Thermal Detonator. After digging around the FISD, I found dimensions and details (Billgrams!), then followed Ukswrath's build advice.

Here's the tube after taping and spraying.

0tCRq4Y.jpg

And here's the finished TD.

rO3QHqC.jpg

C1ClNtZ.jpg

• Like 3

I've begun slowly building my helmet so I can get each step right before final assembly and painting. So far I've sprayed the interior with Plasti Dip and fixed the helmet suspender clips. I'll then line it with black Neoprene foam and glue in velcro to hold the electronics. It's truly an act of Zen to tape up and spray these pieces.

0eF1RzX.jpg

poSLGjT.jpg

bhyzPvF.jpg

Next I'll clean up the eye holes and teeth, then begin positioning.

• Like 4

I have a question about my drop boxes: the inner drop boxes do not fit snugly inside the outer drop boxes. Is this something to worry about? Or, can I hit them with the heat gun and massage them out a little to fit more snug?

xOO93FB.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, markgambino said:

I have a question about my drop boxes: the inner drop boxes do not fit snugly inside the outer drop boxes. Is this something to worry about? Or, can I hit them with the heat gun and massage them out a little to fit more snug?

Appears it's common with AP, here's a Centurion passed set which look the same as you have, you should be good to goLH5SqLU.jpg&key=59a99a9c793eed7cf08ca335

• Like 2

Appears it's common with AP, here's a Centurion passed set which look the same as you have, you should be good to goLH5SqLU.jpg&key=59a99a9c793eed7cf08ca3358f72df4946e69e44b7de8f0a1c4051d77797d781
Ok, phew. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yay!! You finally made it here how many weeks after I suggested it? Lol

Great to have you here, Mark. I’ll be following your build both here and on KFG

Btw, I see you’re going for the Mr No Stripes brackets. Have you already bought them? If not I’ve got an unused set I’m happy to sell on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tarok said:

Yay!! You finally made it here how many weeks after I suggested it? Lol

Great to have you here, Mark. I’ll be following your build both here and on KFG emoji6.png

Btw, I see you’re going for the Mr No Stripes brackets. Have you already bought them? If not I’ve got an unused set I’m happy to sell on.

Thanks - it's great to be here!

Yes, I purchased the brackets (and everything else) in February when the world was relatively normal. However, I already know what my next build will be (HELP ME), so I'll hit you up.

• Like 1

Thanks for everyone's help thus far. My next question is: I've applied the first coat of paint to my helmet. I've followed a few painting tutes and references from FISD, but would like opinions on the teeth and vocoder before I apply a second coat, please.

dtsCCsx.jpg

t6deCM2.jpg

I think I'll wait until I've assembled the helmet to attempt the rube stripes, unless anyone thinks otherwise. 

Thanks - it's great to be here!

Yes, I purchased the brackets (and everything else) in February when the world was relatively normal. However, I already know what my next build will be (HELP ME), so I'll hit you up.

Lol this is how it all starts
  • Like 1

Thanks for everyone's help thus far. My next question is: I've applied the first coat of paint to my helmet. I've followed a few painting tutes and references from FISD, but would like opinions on the teeth and vocoder before I apply a second coat, please.

dtsCCsx.jpg&key=2979ad46a0b0bce5aa0e2a7cd8d71cc6a18810b1cf3de4c91eace273b859bf67

t6deCM2.jpg&key=ab63e864376b6eda7b19445e9132c8bea26bd0eb0c0fa3e25e55567829403135

I think I'll wait until I've assembled the helmet to attempt the rube stripes, unless anyone thinks otherwise. 

Hey trooper,

Neat work so far - well done.

For the vocoder, I’ll like a thread I put together a while back; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48252-anh-tk-vocoder-examples/

As per the thread, the vast majority of ANH stunt stormtroopers has the “fuller” vocoder paint. As such, I’d consider extending your 2nd and 6th bars;

Approximate example below:

1e5e2e28d7733bf87280849d95d17116.jpg

For the frown, recent changes to the CRL ask that frown paint does not leave the teeth area. As such, you might consider bringing the paint back a touch in certain areas.

Appropriate example below;

772818e7c1719bc1fafdca7dde73cb85.jpg

Keep up the good work. :-)

Dan
  • Like 3

Hey trooper,

Neat work so far - well done.

For the vocoder, I’ll like a thread I put together a while back; https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48252-anh-tk-vocoder-examples/

As per the thread, the vast majority of ANH stunt stormtroopers has the “fuller” vocoder paint. As such, I’d consider extending your 2nd and 6th bars;

Approximate example below:

1e5e2e28d7733bf87280849d95d17116.jpg&key=71e7a57f26a510c2a8c1b5b10d8b9f9bddb1f81c236c734618572a30461bbe94

For the frown, recent changes to the CRL ask that frown paint does not leave the teeth area. As such, you might consider bringing the paint back a touch in certain areas.

Appropriate example below;

772818e7c1719bc1fafdca7dde73cb85.jpg&key=294b3883204d76e450e45491558b4d4fffd77aeb6be72fa03ae1b87d905c02d9

Keep up the good work. :-)

Dan
Hey Dan, that's awesome, and thorough, thanks very much. I'll make adjustments once the paint has dried and touch base again. My can of Goof Off arrived yesterday, so it will get swift use. Thank you!

• Like 3

When in doubt always check the gallery section, lots of great references can be found there https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/

• Like 1

Hi Mark, here a couple of reference images that may be helpful.

w7I2K3W.jpg&key=02bea0f55eeb31be61e7c305be9385e30e0f0a3236f39ab50b2d5082a51bf373     udtpA6Y.jpg&key=4ad17046fd3f7b2229fb4c3eccfd6c78255389c1de516dcaac6516e0911cba3b

kAQs4mA.jpg?2&key=d0cae866e86ff13fc8c26ab14483b08d8b648ff1326fe0383395a73c8f199961   xSY3FDW.jpg?2&key=c1a3c5f2248dbf6387a53dcc9338369ab6463304b3a123ef7da40d213de0b546

Keep on doing a great work. :salute:

Ah, that's awesome. Thanks so much!

When in doubt always check the gallery section, lots of great references can be found there https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/category/24-anh-tk-reference/
Thank you! I think I mistakenly looked at a paint guide for the ANH Hero, instead of Stunt. I'll double-check in future.

• Like 2