ANH Stunt - AP Trimmed - First TK Build

MightyAtom

20 minutes ago, markgambino said:

I've also positioned AB plate buttons. How do these look?

Hi Mark, 

They look great, good work.

if i can add a suggestion. If you plan to go for the upper levels, which we hope you will, you may want to check the amount of paint on the buttons. According to CRL for level 3. :

Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.

It is a quick fix, you can use a non-acetone paint remover , or if you have surgeon's hands, you can use a pointed tool or cutter. (I have done this last)

iLgnvVe.jpg

Reference images

GwggW3U.jpg?1      wFB6j8I.jpg?1   Bq7w0Em.jpg?1

Cheers

• Like 3

if i can add a suggestion. If you plan to go for the upper levels, which we hope you will, you may want to check the amount of paint on the buttons.

Ah, awesome, thank you!

Sent from my Imperial Communicator

12 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Mark, 

if i can add a suggestion. If you plan to go for the upper levels, which we hope you will, you may want to check the amount of paint on the buttons. According to CRL for level 3. :

Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.

As per your suggestion, I've reduced the size of the buttons. They are also looking quite 'screen worn' around the edges!

EuFgisP.jpg

• Like 1

It's been a big couple of days, glueing and fitting. Because of the variable weather right now (25 one day, 13 the next - thanks, Melbourne!), I'm taking my time glueing and allowing two days to cure before glueing the next side/piece. This has naturally given me time to clean up the torso pieces and install the Mr No Stripes brackets.

I now need to make the shoulder elastics (the bridges are almost finished curing) and fit again to test how it sits. I think the chest plate may need to come down a little, but I'll make one side of the elastics and test fit again, then finalise the length after that. Here are my fitting pics.

jR84igw.jpg

JhvAcdT.jpg

I1xiEgm.jpg

Once I've got the shoulder elastics right, I can move on and strap the sides of the AB and kidney plates and get them to align, then make the elastics for the other side.

Edited by markgambino

Looking good, you may find once you have your thighs on that the ab/cod may need to come up a little.

Nice work.

• Like 1

Looking good, you may find once you have your thighs on that the ab/cod may need to come up a little.

Nice work.
Ok, good to know. I'll hold off doing anything permanent until I've made those then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, markgambino said:

Ok, good to know. I'll hold off doing anything permanent until I've made those then.

You will normally find the cod is just snug enough under you undercarriage so it doesn't cut off circulation :laugh1:

• Like 1

The shoulder bridges are now finished. I may trim the front tab a little more to give it a 'Han look', but very happy with the reinforcements. They are SO sturdy.

vMts1Lq.jpg

After glueing in internal strips, the forearms are now being glued together. At this rate I should be able to do one last fitting on the weekend them begin glueing cover strips. I am also wondering if you can ever have too many magnets...?!

DiybsQr.jpg

Edited by markgambino
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, markgambino said:

I am also wondering if you can ever have too many magnets...?!

There are never enough when you want to build quickly ;) 

• Like 2

Glue drying day = sewing day.

I've decided to go with a nylon and elastic combo for the cod / posterior plate strap, because I discovered after fitting the torso pieces and walking around that my cyclist thighs were rubbing on the inside top of my thigh - I'm hoping the elastic will add some flex. There is a little return edge of 1 - 2mm that I can sand away from the cod, but I'm concerned I'll will get constant chafe. Is this a known issue for others with larger thighs?

I also crafted the shoulder elastics. Once the snap latest on the inside edge are cured, I'll do another fitting and test shoulder elastic placement so I can work out the final snap position. 6a25986942bf4cc9e305383010d931d7.jpg2f08d9b4056a72c3cf91309dcc010a36.jpg

• Like 1

Leg day! I taped the shins and thighs together for an initial fit. Very happy to say I don't think I'll need any major modifications. The shins are snug around my calves (cycling calves), but still close at the back. It looks like the thighs and shins may be wide enough around the knees, but I appreciate any feedback if you think they need to be adjusted.

Holding AB plate/chest and thighs by hand:

mqQAmLJ.jpg

Closer shot of shins and thighs:

07JFvBe.jpg

Close shot of shins:

QWZ6MFC.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good, does take a little tweaking to get everything space right once you start strapping, you will find it will look a lot different once your sniper plate and thigh ammo strip are attached.

• Like 1

Looking good, does take a little tweaking to get everything space right once you start strapping, you will find it will look a lot different once your sniper plate and thigh ammo strip are attached.
Yes, good point. I'd forgotten those two pieces would reduce the gap at the knees.

Should I finish the shins first so I can better guage that space before deciding if I need to trim the top of the thighs?

1 hour ago, markgambino said:

Yes, good point. I'd forgotten those two pieces would reduce the gap at the knees.

Should I finish the shins first so I can better guage that space before deciding if I need to trim the top of the thighs?

I would it will definitely change the gaps

• Like 2

12 hours ago, markgambino said:

I dont think you will need to trim top of thighs unless your under 5.8"

• Like 1