ANH Stunt - AP Trimmed - First TK Build

MightyAtom

Mark, again thank you for your patience hope it was worth the wait, for the inner drop boxes just apply some E6000 glues all around top edge of inner boxes and insert in outer boxes, trust me once glue set they will be secure thats how I build mine

Mark (AP)
Mark! Of course you'd be in this forum :) Ok, thanks for the advice. I'll trim them up and start assembly shortly.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ok, phew. Thanks for the advice.

Yeah, that’s my belt!!

If you have any questions just let me know. My build thread is a bit messy but might have some info there for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that’s my belt!!

If you have any questions just let me know. My build thread is a bit messy but might have some info there for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok, will do. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Alrighty, I've adjusted the vocoder and it's looking better now - might need to thin the second strip. I attempted to clean up the teeth, but I think the paint needs to cure a little more. I'll work on this again tomorrow, then apply another coat of paint once everything is cleaned up and meets CRL.

epfO85N.jpg&key=870d61ca5eb54c401acc1c2b90eef73dc08c1160553a99d42d43e2fd14c7c3df

Edited by markgambino
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, anthonyt81 said:

Hi Mark,

I’m new to the 501st, and I am looking to purchase a TFA costume. Is this the best email to contact you? authenticprops@hotmail.com

AP don't make TFA armor. You may want to look in the FOBG (first order battle group) https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/218-first-order-battle-group/

This thread should be of interest https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49132-vendors-list-for-your-fotk-build/

• Like 2

Moving onto the ab plate buttons. Here's my (potentially) final coat of paint and clean-up. I've noticed the strip of four buttons looks a little short, but I trimmed this according to the space on the actual ab plate and that was what it came in as. Will that button close to the edge be an issue? I could always reduce the size of that button or even add a little ABS to the end and sand down. Pedantic much???

Afipspf.jpg

I would remove a little of they paint as they do look a little large, notice the paint stops just short of the base of the buttons in the reference, may also help the look of your small ab plate.

LSuei4K.jpg?1

• Like 2

I would remove a little of they paint as they do look a little large, notice the paint stops just short of the base of the buttons in the reference, may also help the look of your small ab plate.

LSuei4K.jpg?1&key=0c9c5dfc8959a6e5b45e7e77783f993906ed1a0fbe2d66514cc7cfeddbdd7c0f
Ah, many thanks. I hadn't seen this reference yet. I can easily reduce the size of them all.

• Like 2

Spent some time today cleaning up the ab plate buttons. They look MUCH better and even have an imperfection, just like the OT TK suits! I might just scuff them up a bit once the suit is put together. Thanks to everyone for their feedback. Now on to the ears!

0Y8aJMy.jpg

• Like 1

Painting! I decided that I'm going to hand paint everything, although I cheated a little with the tube stripes and made a vinyl template from an old sticker. I penciled the stripes onto the back of the sticker using some decals (Trooperbay?) as a guide, cut out the template then stuck them on and painted (white, then the French Blue).

RGQK9zC.jpg

I7eFGOG.jpg

fUVpmKg.jpg

o9Yl4gb.jpg

EOYpZK3.jpg

I'm waiting for the paint to cure before removing the templates. I'll post a pic with the result. I expect there will be a little cleaning up to do.

I then masked off the rear trap vents with painters tape and followed a similar process. 

eNwAwqI.jpg

OHyCGv9.jpg

D0yKLFi.jpg

Again, I expect some cleanup here once the tape is removed. Now, onto the tears, which will be all freehand. This is certainly an exercise in Zen Master patience!

• Like 2

Nice work, really helps painting white first to fill any bleed areas :duim:
Thank you! Yes, I researched a lot to make sure I didn't create more work for myself.

• Like 2