TK-21296 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (IronMotion) [998]

TK-21296 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (IronMotion)
Garrison: Swiss Garrison
TKID: 21296
Name: Sven Roth
FISD Forum Name: TK-21296
Legion Profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=28520&costumeID=124

Armour maker: IronMotion
Helmet maker: Ironmotion
Blaster maker: Doopydoos E-11 kit.

I apologize for the bad lighting of the photos. (can retake new pictures if you want)

Full Body

1. Front

eRJ6mdS.jpg

2. Back

y0P89HV.jpg

3. Left side

LtMStPI.jpg

4. Right side

mPPUHKW.jpg

5. Left side detail

NBXJxqB.jpg

6. Right side detail

DBepfxV.jpg

7. Action Shot (from the approval)

ZckgwQk.jpg

Armor Details
8. Abdomen button plates (Original Humbrol Colors)

Kvx4F7W.jpg

9. Cod and posterior plate connections

QgoojAL.jpg

(inside)

vuKeC6K.jpg

10. Interior strapping

Rct7rAT.jpg

DZMmhsK.jpg

61LrlY4.jpg

(Inside of ammo belt)

q35uZHt.jpg

5M7nsHf.jpg

Th3kn5A.jpg

Helmet Details

12. Front

TttNIOe.jpg

13. Left side

yicjnCg.jpg

14. Right side

ecs8NAd.jpg

15. Rear

88Ld446.jpg

16. Backlight shot with showing lens color

IvF6eka.jpg

17. Close-Up of Hovi tips

JXuYLB9.jpg

Accessoires

18. Neck seal

FhspfbA.jpg

19. TD

ieUrSMk.jpg

JcLDwvP.jpg

20. Holster attachment

V6T4lA7.jpg

21. ABS/canvas belt

QEyEqRP.jpg

22. Boots (from ImperialBoots)

JAYvVIf.jpg

23. Rubber gloves

C1PQrmh.jpg

Blaster Details
24. Left side

Gsu4AAC.jpg

25. Right side

Gk92Fls.jpg

26. Rear showing D-Ring

JatzjUr.jpg

Finally :D
Good luck, should be easier to approve than mine ;D

Edit: Just saw that it landed in the Centurion Area. I'm sure a Mod can move the thread into the EIB section :)

Edited by carcharoth

19 minutes ago, carcharoth said:

Finally :D
Good luck, should be easier to approve than mine ;D

Edit: Just saw that it landed in the Centurion Area. I'm sure a Mod can move the thread into the EIB section :)

All moved, it is now where t belongs in the EI section.

Hi Sven, and thanks for your submission!  We need a clear, close-up photo showing the ab/kidney connection (as seen below).  No need to suit up.   Thanks!!

FUetPUf.jpg?1

vor 40 Minuten schrieb justjoseph63:

Hi Sven, and thanks for your submission!  We need a clear, close-up photo showing the ab/kidney connection (as seen below).  No need to suit up.   Thanks!!

FUetPUf.jpg?1

Hej Joseph
Yes sure:

(The gab is less than 1/2 inch)
riDOYt6.jpg

8N6fTwZ.jpg

• Like 1

vor 19 Minuten schrieb illusionz_09:

Looking good. Should be an easy approval.

You should definitely give yourself a higher rank in those ears though. Add some bars lol.

Good Luck!

thank you!

Maybe I'll work up to Centurion. ^^

Hello Sven! Thanks for your application - you have a very nice build. I'll be doing your review. Could you send a couple more closeups of your helmet teeth? I just want to ensure there's no paint leaving the teeth. Thank you!

Hi trooper.

Nice work.

If I may, a simple and valuable fix would be to reduce the gap between your bicep and forearm. Just based on your pictures, I’d suggest trying the biceps an inch lower, the the forearms an inch higher. This will reduce that gap, and give your forearms some breathing room from the hand plate on your gloves.

96d0d59ce0b7300be850d99ccf4db0f9.jpg&key=fd534cb42642f9833cff63604fa32c55ca1eddafd7011c9e439e6cdf4500c712

Best of luck with your EIB Application.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb shashachu:

Hello Sven! Thanks for your application - you have a very nice build. I'll be doing your review. Could you send a couple more closeups of your helmet teeth? I just want to ensure there's no paint leaving the teeth. Thank you!

Hej Sha Sha
Yes sure!:

xWLtz08.jpg

cMoQ48f.jpg

suz5vgK.jpg

vor einer Stunde schrieb CableGuy:

Hi trooper.

Nice work. emoji1303.png

If I may, a simple and valuable fix would be to reduce the gap between your bicep and forearm. Just based on your pictures, I’d suggest trying the biceps an inch lower, the the forearms an inch higher. This will reduce that gap, and give your forearms some breathing room from the hand plate on your gloves.

96d0d59ce0b7300be850d99ccf4db0f9.jpg&key=fd534cb42642f9833cff63604fa32c55ca1eddafd7011c9e439e6cdf4500c712

Best of luck with your EIB Application. emoji4.pngemoji1303.png

Hej Dan
Thanks for the tips. I will change that at the next opportunity.

• Like 1

Nice work a couple of suggestions:

Your belt box is quite low, also in this image your butt plate is pushing backwards.

DBepfxV.jpg&key=51e2d0b7cb8fdec068c510f8

Forearms are hitting handplates and large gap black area at elbows, bring forearms up/back

You also want to rotate the forearms so they closely align with the biceps

eRJ6mdS.jpg&key=071b0a697cd545beedcd266d

Belt box not aligned with end of belt

NBXJxqB.jpg&key=763b2d6b92d8325f87414ef4

Ab plates could be trimmed a little more, also no rounded corners, top button paint on large plate looks quite large

Kvx4F7W.jpg&key=a3d516c77dab7f998232d0c8LSuei4K.jpg?1&key=0c9c5dfc8959a6e5b45e7e

Thigh ammo strip rivet very close to end

DZMmhsK.jpg&key=c1d4c19201f90f4c8b1d30602pvrAr5.jpg?1&key=8e87fbd8d8c6680b44fc40

You could match the paint on the sides of the vocoder, also remove a little of the paint from the gums

TttNIOe.jpg&key=579b2583d5327e7d78a23a29gallery_12157_36_77206.jpgDaveMANH01.jpg

Some of your black lines are a little wide

ecs8NAd.jpg&key=89d78cfba64894f011369fd7 DaveMANH08.jpg

TD clips should not be rounded near panel, also screws could be closer to the end of the clips

JcLDwvP.jpg&key=06eab68ed347c2c73450038a

QKiTB7a.jpg?1&key=52431137842e77fd1361ff

There is a big gap between your belt cover buttons and the end of the belt. Also belt is very frayed

V6T4lA7.jpg&key=b8199800f0d286aa6836ebbdcYrWLyH.jpg?1&key=7de1282f13a833720be7ff

As I say these are just suggestions, good luck with approval

Thanks for the frown pics, Sven! You will need to remove some of the paint from the 'gums' in order for us to proceed with your application. 

ACtC-3dJsqyQsSYmfbfkFPw_7sFppgE0_vJt-r65TkWEM6r4iCLS6KR_2ORS3Tfflz3dd1Q2oF_ulnX8EIkTVedk8b-Im0TtHLizH94sreW3XxSh162puXbcm38wENYYYN0mrl5hId3I84gDHii6ahqRhNaOqQ=w1693-h1340-no?authuser=1   ACtC-3fmR25jOrFRFDL1nHGubIaH20SLUrvxec6XufzvI5u8Qt_GzKH6X6GXAQzBvIqqT-8kj8YQXZSq8vY__FoTzclVRCQuxWoqhjd3jAuBjC-oSiink8_-a88aIjgfexDLaKNPT0pfiJAD57tRMdwNM2r9Hw=w1740-h1163-no?authuser=1

I've indicated the areas where I can see the overpainting, but take a close look at all of the teeth and make sure none of the paint is on the gums.

As you can see from the reference pics, you can even underpaint the teeth a bit. It should be a pretty simple fix - just some time with a toothpick or cotton swab and some paint thinner or mineral spirits.

gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

Thanks!

• shashachu changed the title to TK-21296 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (IronMotion) - In Review, Correction requested
Am 3.9.2020 um 23:31 schrieb shashachu:

Thanks for the frown pics, Sven! You will need to remove some of the paint from the 'gums' in order for us to proceed with your application. 

ACtC-3dJsqyQsSYmfbfkFPw_7sFppgE0_vJt-r65TkWEM6r4iCLS6KR_2ORS3Tfflz3dd1Q2oF_ulnX8EIkTVedk8b-Im0TtHLizH94sreW3XxSh162puXbcm38wENYYYN0mrl5hId3I84gDHii6ahqRhNaOqQ=w1693-h1340-no?authuser=1   ACtC-3fmR25jOrFRFDL1nHGubIaH20SLUrvxec6XufzvI5u8Qt_GzKH6X6GXAQzBvIqqT-8kj8YQXZSq8vY__FoTzclVRCQuxWoqhjd3jAuBjC-oSiink8_-a88aIjgfexDLaKNPT0pfiJAD57tRMdwNM2r9Hw=w1740-h1163-no?authuser=1

I've indicated the areas where I can see the overpainting, but take a close look at all of the teeth and make sure none of the paint is on the gums.

As you can see from the reference pics, you can even underpaint the teeth a bit. It should be a pretty simple fix - just some time with a toothpick or cotton swab and some paint thinner or mineral spirits.

gallery_12157_36_77206.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks for the exact markings on the pictures.

I repainted all the teeth new. I hope it is to your satisfaction. If not, I try it again :)

IWoz9aD.jpg

dadyijc.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your application and for the frown paint fix!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting from the top, as was already mentioned, the bordering paint on the traps and tears of your helmet is a bit thick. You could address this by carefully painting over some of the black border with gray paint.

ACtC-3ekepZiuCZ6YIcFACQDnXo5yvs60jdE3wKS  ACtC-3evJkonpJQva3SrgB7oOMAAbqQhIxfZdEd_

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fSwoL_djB0aTle4DY6ijuf2AEWH3GTjZ68  ACtC-3e9z-0fIU6wD9eNgCnA4Cz-io5nxBtpT_vp

Next, your vocoder paint could be cleaned up a bit to make it more symmetric.

ACtC-3fPUXQ-gs9Gh5Bftg7Tw3QnIJJAI4f9ybf1

Reference Image:

ACtC-3eJj7AXIfvdRhQpdSak9KRPDgvPjEFUHA5w  ACtC-3e24DxpjESu0M1Vhs2XhLqMsgJwxeByOjvQ

Moving along, you have a bit of a gap between your kidney and back. It's not so large as to block Centurion, but I'd take a look at the strapping and see if you can reduce it.

ACtC-3cw7nzHlQdqCGBkRQUZGukTkdvFp-9L6msq

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4s

Moving on to your arms, as was already mentioned, bringing your forearms up will even out the black gaps, giving you a more polished look and ensuring your forearms aren't running in to your hand plates.

ACtC-3cLYM5GE3rI38bQ1NDiDlqHUnTYyHbiZM-9

Reference Image:

ACtC-3f2JL2_P7Nn8xyo_yC2ByNftiiI2yQNDk7gPXa6MARqDo94MyWhbBL2hqn_sNzAmtegn4VtNyBEWfJAOGeneRDmROaVPBOjuh6yslsVT4XKLoTsUlrr5kuUBAo_OiHgPgNAiFFA2mpaCWPHOhqC96m38Q=w452-h618-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3dAA8lB9gzmdq7Z2R9OJtLTd-wThoH3rwrq

The ends of the TD clips should ideally be square off, not rounded, and the screws should be closer to the end. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning. 

ACtC-3dAABZhlSSu3dlZ0B1kqtttzx-fmoF5os9w

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dD1LodPNJ9UYt8RU8wbreNNZPRZCdtUEYN

Next, the outer buttons on your belt is quite far away from the edge of the belt. I'm unsure if perhaps your belt is a little long, or maybe the button could be moved out.

ACtC-3eKCCHgNyPdPf8QvjAOYY-XREv0vv5_F3C_  

Reference Image:

ACtC-3cjlTzshQe2PCGs_MoJGbahNu3dCtLqtV-61XScvMrSjTPLcY3ZrXniqsf_2S_azmwBc2ytRgTL0c-qI00QzKRBEj1ns7_Xg-u94i4-OuvMObtSIPYnJ0gsnVcQ0Ra7_OJhWBYKkAwJaqhV-C8_CqXnEA=w434-h289-no?authuser=1 ACtC-3evPDOGw_Z2l_9QsHkCVgCY_LaxDu7Veser  

Next, your butt plate is sticking out a bit. Ideally it should sit right below the kidney. You might need to add or adjust some strapping to keep it in place.

ACtC-3fhrX8_JG4Mvc9CyJmR_fIuBEFk9XwlQDYj

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fKHBetmVQ-fKTeIEv9GATBTLp_FBQI5vau

One of the rivets holding on your ammo knee pack is a bit close to the corner of the ammo pack. Ideally it would be moved in a bit.

ACtC-3cPDEFlNadR1zk5-7WU8cRc1Ds0-CGjt81a

Reference Image:

ACtC-3cb_Dds3NfXQ0UXfww5B9kpgGz5c-DMfkiE

Moving on, there is a slight gap between the bottom ridge of the rear of your thighs. It would look cleaner if this gap was filled, or even just backed with a small square of white ABS.

ACtC-3dbg01vlvMiVwuMPYTvA_Uh52iLUZEceY7M

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dcvosU-HweJJSWwjEt4XpqgOciHQJ4mSZP

Moving into the sniper knee, on the screen-used suits, they were trimmed more angularly, while yours is more curved.

ACtC-3ftrBgWpRHaO-pw9goEcy9xAOsBYwGa6435

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dsOKIL3zfXlSgmjBbas7rJ__Y3DA4f2SIq

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Starting at the top, the L3 CRL states:

Ear screws shall be slotted, flat topped, countersunk and painted white.

Your lower ear screws are sticking out a bit, so they would need to be carefully countersunk.

ACtC-3fRRgxuonDHbq65MWGxzLzWUG65-cQe-hMM

Reference Image:

ACtC-3fxNeB4PE7HIGnKjYoCZiRtB5oG07eLBWvA

Next, the L3 CRL states:

There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

Your shoulder bell gap is a bit bigger than we like to see. You should be able to shorten the strapping holding the shoulder bells on to bring them closer. You can also trim off all of the lower return edge on your shoulder bells.

ACtC-3eXU1vctCoOhpEFLH_JDwhdfnbc2xEOh7k7  ACtC-3c6TH5Eh2VRUp6sPrr5czONNUjEIsh7gYDR

Reference Images:

ACtC-3dVj8sZIKvGV4jZi0oZvcjFWEkZ6J2ZvylZ  ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4sG6r_HQ_TLV855fs2z4LlTnpQUyp2W3pp4NFe4exWMF3gzLLxxfxaseMlnqpvAHtdMo6dasV6YqhY9LUapK0WMSwsmaCPxABrM8kzFR4kbdF1f4UimkA8HA=w407-h359-no?authuser=1 ACtC-3fu2D_i_1ded0Y97iM6H_akYchdhFKnQYqr1XhRa06xnUnCBu0EhCUtJPTrWqrv7zxfoClMdCOJa8kgRk5eW-wCsr9FZXScGWVK8bXo61wJObVR8FMgPf89uZ9r5DWLx-mXAUatIAnGcHAOkSPqE3M61Q=w1024-h768-no?authuser=1

Next, the L3 CRL states:

The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels.

Your belt it sitting just a little too low. On my own kit I added two small strips of velcro to the belt to keep it from sagging. As you can see in the reference pics, even having the belt slightly overlap the lower buttons is ok.

ACtC-3fhOQGnqiPbuI2upDcyezK1YFzDqlDuwMAi

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dRwYTjKn4J5p2_-OzV2UsBdg4IVtXoal3X  ACtC-3f2JL2_P7Nn8xyo_yC2ByNftiiI2yQNDk7g

Continuing on, the L3 CRL states:

Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.

Your ab button paint it a bit too large so you'd have to remove some of the paint. You can even make the paint slightly smaller than the button. I've also indicated where you can square off the ab button panels, but that is not a Centurion blocker.

ACtC-3fXgZSjYsnqW4EFbqnMHsITuVeho40uMJbq

Reference Image:

ACtC-3d7q-ScoZC1QG2bu3iyhBBy3I7TX-W36Rsy

Next, two areas where you'd have to make some additions:

• Ideally there no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor. Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top.
    • A single visible seam line is present.
  • Three rivets, approximately 5/16"(8mm) diameter, are present on the left side of the abdomen armor.
    • Note: The original rivets used for the TK armor were bifurcated rivets or split rivets.
  • Rivets are equally spaced along the depth of the armor and about 10mm from the edge.
    • The heads are rounded or domed. Note: Paperclip brads are not considered to have a domed head.
    • Rivets are painted white.

In addition to aligning the ab and kidney armor as well as eliminating that last little gap between the ab and kidney, you would need to add the 3 white rivets on the left side. I've roughly indicated where they should go in the image. Also note that they do not have to be functional.

ACtC-3cdscbnKFj77fw0nx4y6_Ez-EnsFUYL3Vi3

Reference Images:

ACtC-3dNqwouOKOcEa0Nm_pxQVNwKd6xKURVL_YCaRXxScVBoa2raRzFMRL1ACDJQGmsQhEA0O7uLvP9vJvJfp4ziqgUf22ZeMSN9kgbsxMHv5nv1yJ-rgSkzQL6uXUd824jZUNaTwfLD3d4nJyBbOCerzw8yw=w600-h800-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3evuM3I9qLwFOW-RHG0XouLGiUpB-5kdO0R  ACtC-3dSgHroa-nrRam9zvhJde7Ah-ap4O-3-KaQ_sg7PMO2_Jao-k7mveOE6cFyb_E8tH-gaAWtZ3W0UG_UedBQx5mirta6zQ0pP-xQiIrg6raJI5D0Yvv992WmXGSKqUAg01Qww3ynhuXtAo0mbEejNihXhQ=w723-h964-no?authuser=1

The L3 CRL states:

A single male snap on the top right corner of the ab plate is present.

This is also called the 'Han snap' because it's visible on screen in the detention block scene when Han removes his helmet. You would need to add this snap on your armor for Centurion.

ACtC-3f1LgauwEowR0MIkyGa2pp9p8W-ND57W2mn

Reference Image:

ACtC-3clUBiYCWfBa3XJmYgBEj56317r2l1-PJzu

Moving on to the belt, the L3 CRL states:

Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt with minimal gap between belt and box.

Yours are hanging a bit low as well as not quite aligned with the end of the belt. Many of us add a bit of glue to the white elastic holding the drop boxes on in order to keep them in place.

ACtC-3eitOV9Hql4RuTLCwcn787aHJTMIuVzW1Eb  ACtC-3dh6xXCzv1FbsNs7XDdbeLPBOUAetkLTYGX

Reference Image:

ACtC-3e8Nj4I2X_VQH1sRc4fCVDtOg5wiCsfKXwc

The L3 CRL further states:

The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

It's a little hard to see, but I don't think your corners quite meet in the right place. You might be able to trim them to end at the correct place, or you could also try trimming back some of the fraying on your belt so it's not so wide.

ACtC-3fyKdX7Epj4we7drvxzsTw4jTj_03KRQUFt

Reference Image:

ACtC-3csqIZtw6fSE0iPvzGXigSAIg-yzSOOwy-B

Finally, the L3 CRL states:

Hand guards shall be latex or latex-like, solid white or painted white, and affixed to rubber gloves with no visible strapping or stitching.

I'm fairly certain your hand plates are ABS, so they would need to be replaced with flexible ones. There are a few sellers here on FISD selling Centurion-approvable handplates.

ACtC-3cdkYZvkWoiy2NqDZLrB08T9P0gAOHTvZSJ

And that's it! There are a number of changes that you'll need to make to your armor in order to reach Centurion, but I do hope we see your application there soon. In the meantime, please accept our heartfelt congratulations on reaching the rank of EIB!

• shashachu changed the title to TK-21296 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (IronMotion) [998]