TK-12399 Requesting EIB Status ANH Stunt ( AM 4.5) (995)

Name: Shawn Williams

Garrison/Squad: Florida Garrison/Parjai Squad

TK ID: TK-12399

Armor Maker: AM 4.5 (Dave's Darkside Depot)

Helmet Maker: AM  4.5 (Dave's Darkside Depot)

Cloth Belt Maker: Self made

Neck Seal Maker: Darman's Props

Boot Maker: Imperial Boots

Handguard supplier: JustJoseph

Blaster Maker: Quest Design Canada

Height: 6' 3"

Weight: 205 lbs

TK Type: ANH Stunt

Received Help From: TKSpartan, Gmrhodes13, LTM, JustJoseph

Full Body

3WLWHNx.jpg

NTwVuJe.jpg

XPy4hJI.jpg

Y2DDJsP.jpg

RDH6mKi.jpg

MmJII8A.jpg

uPK79Dw.jpg

a6FtEZG.jpg

Armor Details

LLZTzwc.jpg

Nxp20lB.jpg

fffgmxI.jpg

vS08aUE.jpg

EIWpifi.jpg?1

vzg6RNS.jpg

pi4kGf8.jpg

YzUeb3H.jpg

u4U2lhB.jpg

QNrHi2e.jpg

pGNRyY8.jpg

pKh4NMq.jpg

jKOx4VT.jpg

tNrLbzD.jpg

ckKUfi1.jpg

BlkNMlP.jpg

Helmet Details

hZxmLWh.jpg

IstPsQI.jpg

gHYCn3m.jpg

sJCvyxV.jpg

z5h0Iwo.jpg

NoJLBcp.jpg

c6Fitbm.jpg

Accessories

5WbQvEZ.jpg

YRKxRe1.jpg

qhNK0o7.jpg

b91vgR6.jpg?1

tOMQPiz.jpg?1

eMIXhDx.jpg

8g7kjWm.jpg

Blaster Details

E5JAFEK.jpg

N2hn21k.jpg

LGbmLZt.jpg

Edited by Firedog

Lookin' SHARP, sir!  :salute:  One of us will with you shortly, but in the mean-time I would suggest raising the thigh ammo pack in the front just a bit.  Although some Troopers were seen with it lower than others and showed the top of the ridge (photos 2 and 3), none were quite that low or had a gap.  EASY fix, sir!

Pvdqb2d.jpg       HxV1Gcq.jpg?1  bFGyXbh.jpg?1  HzVDXTi.jpg?1  r7foX9F.jpg?1

20 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Lookin' SHARP, sir!  :salute:  One of us will with you shortly, but in the mean-time I would suggest raising the thigh ammo pack in the front just a bit.  Although some Troopers were seen with it lower than others and showed the top of the ridge (photos 2 and 3), none were quite that low or had a gap.  EASY fix, sir!

Pvdqb2d.jpg       HxV1Gcq.jpg?1  bFGyXbh.jpg?1  HzVDXTi.jpg?1  r7foX9F.jpg?1

I just added this photo to show that I filled the seam. The ammo pack sits on top of the bottom rim against the cover strip. I just added this photo as well.

Edited by Firedog
  • Like 2

On 9/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, Firedog said:

I just added this photo to show that I filled the seam. The ammo pack sits on top of the bottom rim against the cover strip. I just added this photo as well.

Thats what I thought you were doing lol... 

The only comment i can see is potentially painting the frown to the edge of the teeth. But other than that, your build looks great.

Good Luck!

18 minutes ago, illusionz_09 said:

Thats what I thought you were doing lol... 

The only comment i can see is potentially painting the frown to the edge of the teeth. But other than that, your build looks great.

Good Luck!

Thanks for the feedback, David. I chose to err on the side of caution on the frown, but may have been overly cautious. Unlike ABS, it is much easier to add paint than remove it...lol.

Hi Shawn, and thank you for your application for EI!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry! On behalf of the DO team and myself, congratulations:salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions.

Always great to see another well built set of armor come though, and yours is no exception!  I can tell that you have really paid attention to many of the small details that we look for, and it shows, so well done!  Not too many items to go over, but after seeing your mad build skills I feel you can handle the items listed below and make this set of AM look truly spectacular, so let's get started, brother..

1.  I see this once in a while where the bucket sits kinda' high in comparison with many seen in the film(s)  While certainly not a deal breaker for Level 3, it is probably due to the padding in the top of the helmet.  I had this exact same issue on my first submission, and I was constantly tilting my bucket forward just to be able to see.  I removed the padding from the top and lo and behold... problem solved!

Reference images

ZdqfwOa.jpg           4Z52sWD.jpg?2  AuTTOdx.jpg?1  Y65L4vN.jpg?1

2.  This may be a tough one, but the lines around your side and rear traps are pretty thick in comparison to those seen onscreen.  If you need some help on how to remedy this without peeling off the decals just PM me.

Reference image                                                                           Reference image

oOwjndq.jpg   CAC0c5l.jpg       gQ1E2HY.jpg  zdePkxr.jpg

3.  Just a simple dressing issue here.  In the first photo, the thighs line up at the cod opening, but in the second pic the right one is about an inch off.  The ones onscreen were all over the place, lol, but we prefer the "ideal" look. 

Side note:  If you hear a "clicking" noise when you walk from the tops of the thighs hitting the cod area, they can be trimmed down and will still be screen accurate.

DVoWtII.jpg  S7LqfGJ.jpg

4.  The angle of the top part is spot-on, but we suggest that you trim down the lower part(s) of the sniper knee plate to where they line up with the ridges of the upper calf.  5 minutes with a Dremel (or file) and you are golden!

VF6chYz.jpg  oNLiOEe.jpg         uEnPmfD.jpg?2  70fEHLZ.jpg?1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

1.  After seeing this build, I get the feeling that you actually have the 1/4" elastic that is required on the rear of the shoulder straps, but unfortunately it's just not clearly visible in the photos and is a requirement for Level 3.

fEYf3R4.jpg   3frqvGu.jpg

2.  There's no doubt that Quest Design makes a top quality blaster, but your Hengstler counter is sitting too low and will need to be both raised and leveled out to better match those seen onscreen.  This will require you to disassemble the scope rail and adjust the bracket that holds it on there, but I have the feeling that you will jump on this.  ;)

WC2QSfP.jpg          BVT24vj.png?1  Rt9xUdw.jpg     

And that's it, Shawn!  Nothing listed above that you can't handle, brother.  You will be a part of the "Original 1000" EI's, and I hope to see your Level 3 submission soon so that you can be one the "Original 500" Centurions! 

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-12399 Requesting EIB Status ANH Stunt ( AM 4.5) (995)

Thank you so much! I started this build with my eyes on first 1k, but due to being a novice among what I thought would be delays getting my blaster such, I had my doubts. Its amazing watching all the other EIB confirmations and while I was cheering on each one, I'd lie if I didn't say I got a bit more anxious with each one as well. This is an exciting milestone for me!

Also, you were correct in your assumption regarding the elastic on the straps. I knew I would miss submitting a photo.

rrs17FY.jpg

Keep an eye out for my Centurion application in the very near future. I'll have to work these fixes in while building @McNuggies kit and blaster.

Edited by Firedog
  • Like 2

My pleasure seeing such a great set of armor, brother.  Easy fixes ahead there, and if I can be of any help always feel free to contact me!

• Like 1

Congrats and way to finish so fast trooper! You were receptive to comments during your build process and did a fantastic job.

One of the thousand!!!