Hello from North Carolina!

AlpineCorpus

Hi everyone!

If you would have told me I would be joining the 501st as a stormtrooper a few years ago, I would have said you'd need to get your head checked. However, I can't think of anything I'm more excited for right now. What really attracted me was the dedication so many of the fans have to the universe, as well as the community service aspect of the organization.

Joining the 501st is an idea that had been brewing in my mind since encountering an event at a VA hospital back in 2018.

Now, finally having room in my budget and after months of research, I've gone full throttle and commissioned an ESB suit from RS Propmasters. Of course, with COVID, I expect a longer wait time. 

Nevertheless, I can't wait to be a part of this tight-knit legion and take a big step into the world of Star Wars. 

Thanks for reading,

Ian

• Like 1

Welcome, Ian! Excellent choice going with the ESB variant, as it will be more unique than the very common ANH, and RS Props is definitely going to get you an AMAZING kit.

Continue that research, start a build thread and post lots of photos and questions, and you’ll be well on your way! Troopers will be here to help you on the entire journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, AlpineCorpus said:

Hi everyone!

If you would have told me I would be joining the 501st as a stormtrooper a few years ago, I would have said you'd need to get your head checked. However, I can't think of anything I'm more excited for right now. What really attracted me was the dedication so many of the fans have to the universe, as well as the community service aspect of the organization.

Joining the 501st is an idea that had been brewing in my mind since encountering an event at a VA hospital back in 2018.

Now, finally having room in my budget and after months of research, I've gone full throttle and commissioned an ESB suit from RS Propmasters. Of course, with COVID, I expect a longer wait time. 

Nevertheless, I can't wait to be a part of this tight-knit legion and take a big step into the world of Star Wars. 

Thanks for reading,

Ian

Hey Ian! how crazy is this!?!  I too just posted today, from WS, and commissioned the exact same armor set from RS.  Looking forward to meeting you sometime in the future!  Im happy to share any of my experiences with you, and hope you'd be willing to do the same.

Regards, -CB

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TK91977 said:

Hey Ian! how crazy is this!?!  I too just posted today, from WS, and commissioned the exact same armor set from RS.  Looking forward to meeting you sometime in the future!  Im happy to share any of my experiences with you, and hope you'd be willing to do the same.

Regards, -CB

Nice to see a fellow Carolinian! I'll definitely keep an eye out for you should anything take place in the area.

All the best,

Ian