chiefbonan's E-11 Resin Build

chiefbonan

Hello all, prepare youselves, alot of photos coming up!

So as you might've heard I recived my blaster yesterday from A&J Productions in Poland. As like I was before I started making my stormtrooper, I can't really tell how 'good' it is as a blaster kit, as I am now inexperienced in blaster kit making. A bit of Deja-Vu since I started making my TK in Janurary!! Yes it's been that long. So I decided to take photos for you all below of all the pieces and give you my thoughts.

I wanted to get a resin cast blaster, as I thought a 3D printed one might be a bit too 'fragile' plus I didn't want to sand too much. Doopy Doos blasters seem to be a bit hard to get your hands on now, since what I've heard is they have got a massive backlog to go through with orders. So I asked around on Facebook and was pointed towards A&J Productions, so seems to be decent. Most of the pieces need to have some work and I think you guys wash the resin parts before assembly if I'm correct? 2 Pieces came a bit chipped which I'll show below.

(I should also mentions I've barely looked at blaster making, just glossed over it, I will be searching tonight after I post this, but please feel free to post some handy dandy links)

So I don't know many of the small parts nor do I know much about firearms so bare with me but here it goes:

First we have the Main Body which is a pvc pipe, if anyone has a link to how to get the measurements/holes right that'd be a great help:
ayeLqne.jpg 

Next we have the inner pipe, I assume this is the one the springs sit on at the back of the blaster, iirc it is meant to have the bend:

Eqq6DEA.jpg

Here we have an unknown to metal pipe, I have no idea what this is for:

43ZDFqE.jpg

Some piece of foam, I assume to make the small tab that sits in the silver chamber part:

wlVvK6F.jpgY4cwRC2.jpg

That rail part that's meant to sit in the holes, does the long part that needs to sick outwards seem to be to you guys?:

2ANllsV.jpg

Small section of pipe and some screw part:

FpmLOdt.jpg

Metal rod for the top part, we actually have some more of this which is handy:

wzR3N4S.jpg

Springs for the inside:

X7QAn3i.jpg

The good ol' D-Ring, have no idea how I'll put it on the mount:

WW0CsB6.jpg

Coil for the part above the Counter:

H9KotXI.jpg

A screw:

bSaTDxz.jpg

-RESIN PARTS-

The grip:

YMbFfms.jpg

Grip inside:

9UGHILc.jpg

Ammo counter:

tVxuP5I.jpg6SMznGW.jpg

Pull back thing, this seems the piece that is prone to fall off:

pNcxlzg.jpg

Part that sits near the silver chamber and an unknown piece on the right, wookie toenails?:

BQqEn8e.jpg

Thing that sits on the ammo counter:

qjUEORM.jpg

The Sight, not it has 2 screws taped to it, it's not broken.

XJXKoi7.jpgmfUODhk.jpg

Thing for the back:

1A7LolR.jpg

Front of the stock, which came broken/chipped, seen on the right. This was on both sides. Anyway to fix this?

XHtWY3l.jpg S7c3PIS.jpg

Rest of the stock:

62abLsV.jpg

Small unknown piece, I assume it's the bit on the fron near the holes:

E6kmjzf.jpglKY1BHZ.jpg

Thing that looks as if it sticks in the ammo counter:

4lUiHgP.jpg

Trigger piece and the saftey. I do not know if these parts need to be seperated:

yCOQHsn.jpg

The rear iron sight:

StYKSIh.jpg

Front iron sight:

B3l7JP1.jpg

An unknown button type thing:

gmibbgC.jpg

Some screw looking thing, I don't know if the thing going out to the left is meant to stay attached:

x27pkUW.jpg

And the D-Ring mount which is also damaged. It looks very rough on the inside. Note the chunk missing which also has a hairline crack going a bit further:

ZiJpO2O.jpgo1vhoAi.jpg

Whew! Alot there. Here is the imgur link to make viewing easier:

https://imgur.com/a/7c5myHy

Anyway, all in all I'm pretty happy with it, apart from the two damaged parts, but the real blasters looked rough and it will be painted black so not too much of a worry. Just some parts of it feel 'rushed' in some aspects with some build up of resin and what not. But I would like your guys opinion on the blaster so far, keen to get building! I should also say I'm going for a cert 1 blaster.

•  
  • Like 1

Looking good.

Some of those resin parts look very, very similar to DoopyDoos, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

If you haven’t already, check this out - https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

It’s a ridiculously good reference guide. Really helped me with my build (in my signature).

:-)

• Like 2

There's a template somewhere for how to drill the holes in the pipe. You should be able to find it easily. Take your time and drill pilot holes.

To fit the parts that glue to the tube wrap the tube in sand paper then slowly rub the part into the tube until it fits perfect. Remember to wear a mask while sanding resin. Should be easy to remember these days haha.

The trigger and the safety definitely need to be separated and the flash removed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Looking good. emoji1303.png

Some of those resin parts look very, very similar to DoopyDoos, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

If you haven’t already, check this out - https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

It’s a ridiculously good reference guide. Really helped me with my build (in my signature).

:-)

Wow! This is like the Bible of Blaster reference! thank you! I found the template in it, which might be the first thing i'll do after cleanup

• Like 2

I found the template in it, which might be the first thing i'll do after cleanup

I'd sand down the exterior prices first like I described before you cut holes in the tube making it an uneven surface.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, tarok said:

The middle one might be the rod that runs inside the folding stock. Does it fit in there?

It is about 2mm too big to fit, it already has a resin shaped pipe there. Think it goes like this, from left to right:
Small PVC Pipe: Blue
Long white metal pipe: Yellow
Big Metal Pipe: Red

8PaCDmI.jpg

He actually sent me this, so I think I am correct:

uiju6XZ.jpg

• Like 1

If not for the folding stock, perhaps for the middle of the barrel as it it quite long. he shorter silver piece could be the folding stock piece but I am only guessing.

• Like 1

The quest continues!
So when my blaster arrived a few bits were damaged, so we picked up some putty at our Bunnings:
6pTULdV.jpg

Then I fixed all the holes and what not on the resin:

bxytpyV.jpg

I sanded them down a heap to get ready for attachments, they are pretty much nice and clean now!
Today Dad and I started drilling the pipe seen below:

i9MNqrB.jpg

PxlDwOG.jpg

Now I've got to clean the holes up a bit, but i'd like to ask you how you all cut the chamber hole and also the long thin 'spring shaft' shall we say the rear? it seems a bit difficult for us. We tried using a stanley knife but were not to sure, some help would be greatly appretciated!
0RliJDz.jpg

Hiya,

For the ejection port and the area where the spring would be visible, I’d suggest marking the area with a pencil and curing with a Dremel (rotary tool). I found the below some of the most useful tools for my blaster build;

Cutting disk;

e27f1242c8008b3257d06cf55c4995d1.jpg

And this one, whatever it’s name is. ;-£

686dd25e52efb0348e72b670a6908c26.jpg

• Like 1

I think I bought that Dremel bit because of your DD build thread, Dan [mention=31976]CableGuy[/mention] - either your's or your fellow UKG'er Themaninthesuitcase's build. :jc_doublethumbup:

Hehe. That’s nice to hear. Yeah - it’s a brilliant tool. I did SO much of my build with it. :-)
  • Like 1