Indie's TLJ Phasma Build

39 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

It's an impressive result for sure, my only concern is with how well it will hold up under the rigors of trooping.

Bend the arms a few hundred times per troop (easily done) and will they last the distance .

I think you will have a good testing phase ahead of you but great job so far.

I had similar thoughts as well, if my trial runs don't end well I was going to go up a nozzle size - thicker walls, without losing quality and all that. Definitely will be putting it through it's paces as I test out my design, after elbow I need to model out shoulder and knee gaskets as well. Each will be an adventure, to be sure. 

• Like 2

Good luck Brit, i really hope you can pull this off as it will be a first for FISD and no doubt, your garrison and Legion.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 4:31 AM, Sly11 said:

Good luck Brit, i really hope you can pull this off as it will be a first for FISD and no doubt, your garrison and Legion.

Thank you! I didn't realize how impactful a small change to the status-quo could be, but in thinking on it this will hopefully make creating First Order troopers more accessible.  

10 hours in, 11 hours to go!! It is so clean and yet squishy. 
EiVEgWy.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, indiechixor said:

Thank you! I didn't realize how impactful a small change to the status-quo could be, but in thinking on it this will hopefully make creating First Order troopers more accessible.  

10 hours in, 11 hours to go!! It is so clean and yet squishy. 
EiVEgWy.jpg

Top of the rings is looking great, just the underneaths that look a little rough, not sure how much will show when worn, perhaps the angle/width could be changed so there is more of the next layer to grip too, I find this with some undercut prints.

EiVEgWy.thumb.jpg.c035b89abb7aafaf8ed135b47c75c4e2.jpg

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Top of the rings is looking great, just the underneaths that look a little rough, not sure how much will show when worn, perhaps the angle/width could be changed so there is more of the next layer to grip too, I find this with some undercut prints.

Well, That's why you wait till the print is done before deciding if the quality is ok!

ORAemHm.jpg

I think it looks good enough to pass muster, but I did end up re-designing the model to be a bit longer, so that'll increase the width of each ridge. Print quality aside, look at how gorgeous this flexes and moves! Perfection.

Click Here for Video showing Flexibility!

It is worth repeating that THIS IS A TEST, AND ONLY A TEST. That being, the size is snug against the arm, but that's good to help test how it'll hold up under extended abuse. I plan on giving them to my 11 year old to stress-test.

Either way, doesn't this look FAB? Really happy with how it turned out. 

Sjn1QGQ.jpg

n3MaMNS.jpg

Edited by indiechixor

Update - While at first I said it was too snug, after a few more test prints, I determined that I could make it "larger" by simply taking out an inner layer. And it makes it much more flexible! So, here's the test with my armor and undershirt, fitting beautifully, and amazingly flexible YET DURABLE. We tried tearing it with our hands, and it wouldn't break apart. I'm planning on adding some length to each size, to make it easier to attach to armor. Not sure if i'm going to use something like E9000 or what, TPE is notoriously difficult to glue.

ExI5xDX.jpg

MZLcRer.jpg

KT67HxV.jpg

Edited by indiechixor
  • Like 1