TK-18034 requesting ANH stunt EIB status (RWA) (994)

Name: Dave Fredericks 
501st ID #: 18034
FISD Username: Freddybear
Garrison: United Kingdom
Legion profile: https://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=24942
Armor: RWA Creations
Helmet: RWA Creations
Blaster: Doopy Doos with heavy modifications
Boots: Imperial Warfighters
Canvas Belt: RWA Creations
Hand Plates: Silicone 
Neck seal: RWA Creations
Holster: RWA Creations
Electronics: Troopacoola dual fan system with Anker battery. 
Recently cleared basic with the following submission pics:

qaFu89q.jpg
aD03Kko.jpg

huRI3qw.jpg

AEpNXOT.jpg

bpFQ7Er.jpg

WyNr3sU.jpg

rlvT2w2.jpg

zH5u2FU.jpg

Gloves: Rubber with silicone hand guards

x0H13jR.jpg
Neck Seal:
IV8flpn.jpg
Two piece Under Armor body suit with balaclava:
6FzSol5.jpg
Boots: 
BsmYKy1.jpg
Helmet:

ZEQkn14.jpg

1uAY5So.jpg

ceu5eXs.jpg

kEUvpWa.jpg

ic2kb5b.jpg

GLMTFC7.jpg

Thermal Detonator with flathead screws painted black:

G4jyugt.jpg

OKGsmHd.jpg

Belt:
yq71xNq.jpg

eusuVa2.jpg

6otfpQp.jpg

Wrists no return edge:

GDtVhHb.jpg

h1gAr84.jpg

Ammo thigh capped rivets painted white:

Fs3LePF.jpg

71fGHWG.jpg

Sniper knee:

Ni3xCUM.jpg

DInyt7s.jpg

Han snap:
ddHWgjV.jpg

Left side split rivets painted white:

HG3WUgg.jpg

Cod brass rivet and butt snaps:

uGvzmE5.jpg

Ab buttons:

eyk08OZ.jpg

Shoulder bridges front and back:

5870Hwu.jpg

63kAELL.jpg

E11 Blaster with M38 scope, metal screws, original counter inners, aluminum trigger guard, movable ARS switch, magnetised ammo clip, working locking pin and removable end cap:

CUMDyuj.jpg

06zYlnG.jpg

4XZRThk.jpg

55hRwUI.jpg

pH5nzHZ.jpg

CzAXVuC.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Dave, thanks for you EIB application. 

Mean while one D.O is assigned for your review. Could you please ad a close photo of your thigh ammo pack inner side (to see the rivets type),  right and left .?

Cheers  :salute:

Hi Dave.

in order to proceed with your application, we need you to make an small adjustment to your helmet's teeth area. There's a bit excess of paint tht needs to be removed.

CRL for basic states: Frown is painted gray and does not leave the teeth area. 

WkXG5ly.jpg?2

Reference Images 

CJhfaii.jpg

Five minutes with a toothpick or cotton swab with mineral spirit or paint remover (Non Acetone) can do the trick.

Thank you.  :salute:

Ok well that has thrown a spanner in the works. I tried taking a little off with non acetone remover and a tooth pick but it just chipped and looks terrible now.:( I purchased this helmet pre painted so I've had to order the paint now myself so that I can redo the frown. Will hopefully have it done at the weekend assuming the paint comes before then. 

Okay, so I tried repainting the frown with some modelling acrylic paint that I had to hand. Technically it meets requirements now but I am not really happy with the finish. It is quite thick with visible brush strokes if you look closely so I will still be cleaning it off and repainting once the proper enamel paint comes.  I plan on going Centurion eventually so it will certainly be rectified before then.

dJkRhed.jpg

Edited by Freddybear
spelling
  • Like 1

Hi Dave, and thank you for your EIB application! 

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted, and on behalf of the entire D.O. staff we are pleased to welcome you to the rank of Expert Infantry.  Congratulations!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly;

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armour. 

***************************************************

Let's start by the Helmet:

It seems like  you have a bit of extra return edge around your eyes, especially up . To give it that menacing Stormtrooper sight you may want to trim it a bit. A few minutes of sanding or with a dremel should clean it up nicely.

Reference Images

FvZTGu6.jpg?1              gu6Asxj.jpg?1

This looks like a dressing issue , As you can see in the sections marked,  Your sides are overlapping showing a noticeable gap , you  may want to check the strapping adjustment to close it a get a better look.

kRwt7Bp.jpg    JLpHtew.jpg 

Reference Images

cw6evOm.jpg       9Ktw7FD.jpg?1

Your belt is on an angle, also nearly covering the bottom ab button and it should be just "almost touching" , not a deal breaker but you can take note when dressing up.

Reference Images

a1U4X3P.jpg?1   zRs30wD.jpg  TqNDcWK.jpg?1

Onto your canvas belt, some troopers prefer the weathered look which is  fine, but we're suggesting you give your belt a bit of a haircut to trim off some of the extra threads.

Reference Images 

Nxv7kPb.jpg?1       0UEPypr.jpgiOYNSGQ.jpg?2

We are suggesting to  bring your thighs down a little  so your shins can come down also and have a better fit  by reducing the gap at your knees, also will let the to rest better over your boots.

Reference Images

0pl5SER.jpg?1             dSZvELG.jpg?1     rKcUZDy.jpg?1

***************************************************

Centurion Requirements;

In this section we prepare you for Centurion.  Because Centurion photos show more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here and additional photos may be required. We try to point out all that we can from what we see, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

CRL  L3:  Ab button paint shall not extend beyond the bottom of the actual raised button.

The paint on your Ab plates  sticks out a little from the raised edge of the buttons.

nv5YoNM.jpg      GwggW3U.jpg?1   

CRL L3 :Abdominal and Kidney Plate align horizontally at top

This is likely just a dressing issue, but your ab and kidney left side rivets are misaligned . You can also consider adding or adjusting strapping to keep them better aligned.

Reference Images 

uoRMAB6.jpg          cw6evOm.jpg   zerv2hM.jpg?1

CRL L3: Canvas belt must be firm/sturdy in appearance.  No creasing or sagging.

The canvas belt looks as if it is fairly good as worn, but the wrinkles can not be present for L3.   Mine is an RWA too and what I always do is to tighten it when dressing up for trooping.

Reference images

Ce7o9Je.jpg   D2nHS5U.jpg        SKYsomw.png?1  4eW2R4K.jpg?1

CRL L3: The blaster may have minor weathering or base metal exposure however, T-tracks and grips shall have the appearance of black plastic.

Finally in this section, we have your  blaster

It appears that there are some silver showing on your blaster grip, there are a couple of areas under the T track on the other side and around it front handle, perhaps not enough paint coverage.

WwQ4ZlY.jpg?1   o6EwZvC.jpg 

Reference Images

yoVliWw.jpg      BBWDxkC.jpg               RA9RuhT.jpg

The  scope rail is a little bent 

XPlKpVC.jpg 

Reference Images

0KnGjjp.jpg  IbWPigf.jpg?1

And that's all  .

Congratulations  for your great looking set of armor and looking forward for  your Centurion application soon.  

:salute:

• Like 1

• TKSpartan changed the title to TK-18034 requesting ANH stunt EIB status (RWA) (994)