TK42057 requesting E.I.B stormtrooper ANH stunt (RS) (993)

There's a few photos I missed out .
And looking at my armour to take these photos proved that I needed a bit of paint touching up !
First the six rivets down the left side of the body .
5bd5ef6793ddd384e519ea56fa0e5bfb.jpg
As you can see...plenty worn away paint , so after a little touch up ....
4bc952c3c27fee7fb93d60deabe2ea54.jpg
Next was the knee rivets, again they needed new paint .
b2f79ea6eb68c5786f4de40ac49a1b4f.jpg
d669f81765b8ce01b5b3926a85b90e72.jpg
And the insides also
c96c627e7ec4d2164b07e2fa8525cbcd.jpgfc54b8397a55212ba3c357de6b5f8301.jpg
And finally a photo of the snap under the right arm .
9bcd85b01ab44abe8ae7d989cb188cac.jpg
I think that's my photos done...sorry for the delays guys !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Rob .T . said:

i haven't painted the right hand single snap as I seem to remember it's not painted on the original suits .is that correct or does it need paint also ? 

You are correct. The Han snap is unpainted.

Cheers Firedog , here's a second photo of the snap as it had a bit of residual paint on it, which I've scraped off .471c77c3d6890cc8dc29742ce3be4da1.jpg

Also ...my sniper plate which I keep forgetting to post close up photos of .

9de9dd6f0208df94aa053e914b2f6c81.jpg6eb4639a9ff35bc08386abc9bf452549.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK42057 requesting E.I.B stormtrooper ANH stunt (RS)

Hi Rob, and thanks for both your Expert Infantry submission and updated photos!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank.  On behalf of the DO team and myself, congratulations Trooper!  :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Just a few items here, sir, and some are just basic fitment issues.  On that note, lets get started!

1.  In looking at the distance between your bucket and shoulder straps, it seems that the padding inside the top may be causing this.  I had foam pads in my first helmet, but found that it sat too high and I was constantly tilting it forward just to be able to see (our field of vision is not that good to begin with, lol).  I removed it, and voila!

Reference images

bEFPhc4.jpg          4Z52sWD.jpg?1  AuTTOdx.jpg?1  Y65L4vN.jpg?1

2.  Being as we are ambiguous soldiers of the Empire, our faces should remain anonymous.  On that note, we are suggesting that a piece of black window screen be glued behind your frown ;).

IK4Gsx3.jpg

3.  It may be the lighting, but the color of your hand guards looks a bit yellowish in comparison to your armor.  I am assuming they are latex, which over time tends to turn that color with age and exposure to UV light.  Not a deal-breaker for Centurion, but a coat or two of bright white latex paint would do wonders, and is actually screen accurate.

Reference images

Wf335c7.jpg          3JxEhap.jpg?1  qLPjIR5.jpg?1

4.  As seen below, your right forearm is sitting a bit high, causing a gap between the wrist opening and hand guard.  We are suggesting that you lower it (and the bicep) a tad.  The left bicep could come up about one cm as well.  The most important thing is that the gaps on both sides are as close to symmetrical as possible.

hACNipX.jpg

The rear photo below shows an even greater disparity in the gaps.  

Reference image

IMqaMV5.jpg                      OvhKSo6.jpg

Last up, we are highly recommending a haircut for your canvas belt.  Some fraying is expected, but 5 minutes with some scissors and a steady hand would make it look much better.

KnuNn2G.jpg      CImjBKR.jpg?1  5njgzAl.png?1  ZOTQMJQ.jpg?1

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Actually nothing to mention here, Rob!  You have "done this armor proud", sir, and we really do appreciate the fact of how quickly you stepped up to the plate on those requested corrections.  We hope you will take the above suggestions to heart, and now that you will be a part of the "Original 1000" I look forward to seeing your Centurion submission soon!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK42057 requesting E.I.B stormtrooper ANH stunt (RS) (993)

Thanks for everyone's help and advice . I'm proud to support the legion and glad of the support of fellow members . 

I will go for centurion , and ive got quite a tick list of upgrades for that . 

This has been a great experience , again thanks to all who helped . 

I was mainly spurred on to go for E.I. By the march to 1000 , and I'm glad I've managed to get in to help get closer to that figure . 

Edited by Rob .T .

• 2 months later...