Awesome looking E-11 Blaster. Thoughts?

Thordin

Hi all,

Saw this listing on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/702800849/e-11-star-wars-blaster-custom-made?variation0=1096533255

TM is having a supply issue with boots and E-11s right now so I'm in the market for a blaster and this one looks sweet but as I'm aiming for Centurion down the track I'm wondering if someone can play devil's advocate and pick it apart for flaws that would disqualify it from Centurion approval.

I'm digging the moving parts and it's got a cocking handle and what looks like the right d ring.  Too good to be true? What am I missing?

Cheers in advance.

That’s Imperial Arms. They make a good blaster from what I have heard. I recently ordered their E-11 kit for my son’s build. I also purchased the Quest Design Canada E-11 on Etsy and just received it. I’m very happy with it.

I’ve got to be honest, it wouldn’t be on my list. It appears to be a 3D printed blaster and the print lines are clearly visible in certain areas.

It’s also not overly accurate. Areas such as the scope rail, the front hole near the flash guard is wrong, wrong wire type near the Hengstler etc.

Also, the glossy paint job wouldn’t be to my taste. The only gloss black area should be the grip.

Just my thoughts, however, I’d be tempted to look elsewhere. As always, try to compare your prospective purchase with screen used examples.

Best wishes
Dan

• Like 1

I would love a Field marshal. So far only one has successfully made it to Australia and its one of my Garrison mates who got it.

He has several gun licenses so I'm guessing that was a help to him with our strict laws on fire arms and replicas.

The Field Marshall E-11 would be nice to have, without a doubt. I don't have any experience trooping yet, but I don't know if I'd troop with that blaster or leave it in a display case. My first choice was Praetorian, but they would not respond to my messages to purchase, which is why I ended up purchasing the resin blaster from Quest Design for my first.  Regarding the Imperial Arms blaster, my son just didn't have the budget to spend on an expensive blaster so he opted for the kit. I could have sworn that I had seen their products mentioned positively in a few threads here, but now I can't seem to locate them. I'm not a fan of the glossy finish in the photos either, but since he purchased the kit rather than the completed blaster, I'll be looking for the most accurate finish advice. Can the 3D print lines can be addressed during the build process with filling and sanding? I'm getting the feeling I may have been volunteered for a lot of work.

3d printed parts to me are more work than they are worth. You can use the red paste Bondo to fill and sand pretty easily but getting all the corners to truely look good is a nightmare on most projects.

My personal philosophy, granted most of my blasters aren't finished and I've never trooper, is have two blasters.

One for show and approval. Shoot for the moon and have your dream blaster. Get a field Marshall or any pipe build

The other for trooping need to be able to quickly be id'ed as not a weapon, light, doesn't break if dropped, and you won't feel bad if it gets stolen or confiscated. For that I think a painted rubies is the best bet. $15 and no tears.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Hey mate

This is where local knowledge comes in. The guys offer great advice, and yes there are some fantastical accurate weapon replicas available. However, in Victoria about 90% of our troops are now weaponless. Further, one doesn’t need a weapon for basic approval.

Weapons are pretty much nice props, wall decorations, for many of our garrison.

If budget is a concern, and as a parent in these uncertain times myself I can understand it might be, I’d either skip the blaster, or look for a more cost effective alternative. 3D printed weapons afford that opportunity, however they do require a bit of grunt work to make ready.

We’ve got a trooper/garrison member locally (VIC) who produces fantastic 3D printed weapons and armour.

TDK Props. Reach out to him via FB.

• Like 2

Thanks tarok just might do that.

Was hoping for a Praetorian for trooping but can't figure out how to buy one (hoping they're just quiet cos of the rona) and something like the field marshal for showing off. Really interested in Tramp's lights and sounds too.

• Like 1

I use a Hasbro with Doopy Doo update kit for general trooping, it's pretty light and has lights and sounds which the kids love. For higher profile (L3) I have a Doopy Doo pipe build which is a little heavier but way more accurate. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am just about to start this build (a V3 Imperial Arms 3D E-11), the last part of my kit, so I will update you all with how it turns out. It has a lot of actual bolts and metal parts, and is so disassembled that it should make sanding the individual ones easier. I will be using XTC 3D for the first time to try and speed it up.

8FRlzKR.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my build of this kit. It has ended up being a fairly accurate kit, but I have done a lot of mods to make it look that way, and in the middle of another to get it up to Centurion accuracy. The good news is that ImperialArms3D is doing some modifications to get it to be more accurate on future prints, but I am not certain he can do every part. So read through my build and decide if it is worth it for you. 

What's the scoop with this one, anyone ever see one in person?? It's out of South Carolina. 

It looks incredible since it's mostly made of metal and not plastic trying to look like metal.  It's big bucks, but I don't wanna buy several better ones until I get there.   It's $425.   The unassembled kit is $399, so I'd likely pay a little extra to have them drill and grind and assemble it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E11-BLASTER-BASIC-BUILD-REPLICA/283271586772?hash=item41f44d63d4:g:y5kAAOSwKOZb9aZW

s-l1600.jpg

I've not seen one in person, it's a nice looking blaster if you want a real heavy feeling blaster, I can tell you on long troops the lighter the blaster the better, especially when you are only holding it in one hand while hi fiving younglings with the other hand.

On the other hand if you want an awesome display piece it has a lot of nice details.

19 hours ago, FTL900 said:

What's the scoop with this one, anyone ever see one in person?? It's out of South Carolina. 

It looks incredible since it's mostly made of metal and not plastic trying to look like metal.  It's big bucks, but I don't wanna buy several better ones until I get there.   It's $425.   The unassembled kit is $399, so I'd likely pay a little extra to have them drill and grind and assemble it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E11-BLASTER-BASIC-BUILD-REPLICA/283271586772?hash=item41f44d63d4:g:y5kAAOSwKOZb9aZW

That's the aforementioned fieldmarshall blaster, linked below. Very nice. Very expensive. And very heavy. Haha.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

That's the aforementioned fieldmarshall blaster, linked below. Very nice. Very expensive. And very heavy. Haha.

It not hard to assemble and depending on your skill at painting it needs to be disassembled to do that properly...

Got to my main site it has all the other blaster stuff too...   Cylinders , scope ect...

http://blasterfactory.com/

In response to the cost of my products $$$$$   i make highly detailed replica out of quality materials...  mostly cnc machined.   I laser scan real vintage part to preserve authenticity and screen accuracy ..   i high;y suggest checking my site and build blogs like this thread and on the rpf

http://blasterfactory.com/blog/

showthread.php?t=267831

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=272875&page=5

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I emailed the guy and then someone else about the weight of a resin blaster, and both said a little over 2 pounds.  I was very interested in the aluminum one until I relaized that the magazine is sold separately for $99 more.    No thanks.

On 12/17/2020 at 10:33 PM, FTL900 said:

I emailed the guy and then someone else about the weight of a resin blaster, and both said a little over 2 pounds.  I was very interested in the aluminum one until   I relaized that the magazine is sold separately for $99 more.    No thanks.

Better to have those separate..   they are made from the real sterling mag... Its a problem shipping over seas and to some states. As far as the cost of the vintage mag and the time it takes to make those 90.00$ i think is fair. 

If you are comparing the level of detail to a resin version, granted there are many. My Aluminium parts are highly detailed and with the proper builder can be extremely realistic. If your going to have a negative attitude about what i do then STOP FOLLOWING THIS THREAD. My parts are not for all builders , there is plenty of cheap stuff  available.   I dont do this for a living , I do this because I want to build GREAT props that are as true to the real stuff as i can.   Maybe before you judge my stuff with a NO THANKS ,,, Maybe you should know the differences in quality and realize that i use real vintage found parts to laser scan a replicate these in metal...  And make them functional, movable,  and they disintegrate when they get in the sun ...

Just because you do not think its worth the money don't put down the people that enjoy this level of prop making!!!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS 

Edited by fieldmarshall
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't take that personally.  It wasn't about quality or build, it was about setting a realistic price limit for myself that allows me to continue to eat each day.   I've grown rather fond of that. 

I didn't intend that as a slam against you or your work.  I liked the idea of the separate magazine for greater authenticity, but again, it went beyond what I was willing to pay at that point.   

I didn't say it wasn't worth the money.   If you read between the lines, I was interested in buying it at $425, but no longer interested at $525. Again, my personal price limit.

Also, I posted on this thread before you did, so I don't feel any compulsion to stop following it. 

Ok settle down fellas.  Chris is offering a very specific product.  It is a replica of an E-11 that is very detailed made out of metal parts.  Hence the cost.  Whoever is in the market needs to first figure out what they are after.  Do you want a highly detailed replica of an E-11 which in turn comes with a high cost?  Or do you want an E-11 that you can be more rough with and have it lighter to be more comfortable to troop with at a lower price point?  This hobby has all types of extremes and everyone would need to figure out what their end goal is. 

When I first started I bought a kit from DDay which was resin and a CNC milled barrel.  Put it together and it was a fun little build.  But I quickly realized that it wasn't going to work for me for trooping because A) it was a little more on the fragile side and I am a rough person and B it was very heavy.  I then opted to get a Hyperfirm and haven't looked back since.  It is very light and won't break.  Also remember, that if your goal is to do a lot of trooping you will have children constantly trying to touch everything so you may want to figure out if you can handle a child constantly poking and touching your props.

• Like 4

On 1/9/2021 at 8:36 AM, starsaber25 said:

Ok settle down fellas.  Chris is offering a very specific product.  It is a replica of an E-11 that is very detailed made out of metal parts.  Hence the cost.  Whoever is in the market needs to first figure out what they are after.  Do you want a highly detailed replica of an E-11 which in turn comes with a high cost?  Or do you want an E-11 that you can be more rough with and have it lighter to be more comfortable to troop with at a lower price point?  This hobby has all types of extremes and everyone would need to figure out what their end goal is. 

When I first started I bought a kit from DDay which was resin and a CNC milled barrel.  Put it together and it was a fun little build.  But I quickly realized that it wasn't going to work for me for trooping because A) it was a little more on the fragile side and I am a rough person and B it was very heavy.  I then opted to get a Hyperfirm and haven't looked back since.  It is very light and won't break.  Also remember, that if your goal is to do a lot of trooping you will have children constantly trying to touch everything so you may want to figure out if you can handle a child constantly poking and touching your props.

It is hard not to take comments like that personally . and i totally agree with your response Steve...  There is a place for all levels of collecting and building................. i prefer these thread talk about cool prop building and finding vintage screen used parts....   Getting ripped because it not cheap enough sucks...   

• Like 1