FIRST TIMER "NOOB", GOT SOME QUESTIONS

WarGames976

Good Day All,

I would like to start out, with I am that Noob that got the Rubie's Stormtrooper set, and then found out that is XL when the page didn't have a size on it.

So I was literally to short to be a stormtrooper, but then find out from here that they are trash and not 501st qualified. And now I am stuck with a $750 suit I can't use.

Plus after being on this website for the past couple days just trying to find out as much info as I can.

I have come up with there are a couple thing. There are pretty much two places to get the best movie quality armors.

AuthenticProps and RSPropMasters.

RS is pretty easy to find and roll through with the linked website that was posted here. As for the AP armor, that is a different story, I have found nothing on the good old world wide web.

I have emailed what was posted here for their info, but haven't heard anything back as of yet. One post here said AP was on ETSY,

So I found a AuthenticProps on ETSY but he said that he was not the guy that made armor.

Then last night I found an AuthenticPropsCA on ETSY and they do have two armors (trimmed and untrimmed) on their site, and said they are the 501st approved AP.

Does anyone if this is the same AP, it is so easy now days to make a fake page, done want to spend $800 or $900 on something and it isn't the real AP.

I have also found on ETSY a 850ArmorWorks. Does anyone know if they are a good set of Armor, I have not seen them listed here at all, but they have kits for $400.

Does anyone know if they have the quality for 501st approval? Right now I am all about making a set of armor for getting Centurion level approval.

I have found a lot of sites on YouTube that show how to put your armor together, which kind of brings me to my last question.

Does anyone know if there are is a site that shows how to build your armor right to Centurion level?

I have seen on the 501st site the different qualifications for the different levels.

I don't really want to build a set and then have to keep having to modify it to move up, or am I just overthinking it?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the blast of questions.

Scout Dietz

Edited by WarGames976

Have a look at the first thread in the Getting Started section, lots of info there. Also check out the build areas, many builds have the makers names in the titles, you can see the different makes, how they look and sizing.

You will have not issues with RS or AP ;) 

Also consider what version of Stormtrooper you want to build, one make doesn't suit all.  List of CRL's is here https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:FISD_CRL

• Like 1

Welcome, Scout!  Yeah, I did sort of the same thing...  I ordered a kit from ebay before finding out about the 501st/FISD and found that it was not acceptable.  Ouch.  I would try to sell it on there just to recoup some of your funds, though.  To answer a few of your questions:

1.  "I have also found on ETSY a 850ArmorWorks. Does anyone know if they are a good set of Armor, I have not seen them listed here at all, but they have kits for $400."

850 is absolutely acceptable when built correctly, but note that is for Rogue One armor (different that A New Hope) and does not include the helmet.

2.  "Does anyone know if there are is a site that shows how to build your armor right to Centurion level"?

Since we at the FISD are the ones that approve troopers at that level, this is the site you need!  A good idea is to look at some of the EI submissions located here, especially those with an approval number after the title.  You must achieve Expert Infantry level before applying for Centurion, though, and looking through those will give you good idea of what we look for.

If you are going for an OT (Original Trilogy) Trooper (A new Hope/Empire Strikes Back/Return of the Jedi) I have a thread here which will help, as it shows what the various differences not only from the films but in the different levels of accuracy required for advancement.

Always, always feel free to ask any questions you may have.  We are here to serve!

• Like 1

Hi Scout

AP's info is in the vetted sellers list, should be accurate as I updated it for him a few month back. He did have some email issues.

Mark is great to deal with as a rule, I purchased my AP armour from him some years ago.

Great news, here is a nice piece with the differences between the versions https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

Awesome thank you,

ok so I have been trying to find any picture of a ESB stormtrooper with the blaster in the holster. Looked all over the 501st Facebook page, tried the 501st webpage.

i know the holster is on the right side of the body with loops and not the left like side like the ANH style.

but I am trying to see how the blaster fits in the holster, like how it faces, because the magazine would make it not sit right in the holster if it is normal and if it was turned around then the grip would be toward the front of the body, which wouldn’t look right.

anyone got a good picture I can see

You will find a lot of references in the Gallery section https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

gallery_14191_5_69448.jpg

gallery_14191_5_102785.jpg

3 hours ago, WarGames976 said:

the first picture looks like the grip is going straight out from the side, and the bottom one the grip is facing forward.

so it really doesn't matter how it is, thanks for the help.

The holsters are the same between ANH and ESB the only thing that changes is the straps and that they are worn on opposite sides. Grip should face forward with ESB

TK_anh_stunt_holster.jpegTK_esb_holster.jpeg