New Trooper reporting

Thordin

Hi all,

Introducing myself as per instructions.

Been a 14th century re-enactor for years but my kids are way more into Star Wars and I've been a fan my whole life so I feel trooping will be more my thing now.

Looking forward to doing troops with my kids when they're old enough and building a suit of my own.  Leaning towards a TM or RS ANH stunt suit so far.

Been reading the forums for about a week getting my head around the lingo and requirements.  Made contact with my local garrison now so I guess it's just a waiting game for the armor to be delivered I guess.  Can't wait.

• Like 4

Hello and welcome aboard, research is the key and looks as if you are well on your way, good luck

Welcome (again) Andrew!

I guess this answers the question I asked over on KFG: which costume are you looking at for your first? Lol (and yes, it’s always “first” ).

Reach out if you need local VIC help/advice, else you’re in good company here.

Hey

18 minutes ago, tarok said:

Welcome (again) Andrew!

I guess this answers the question I asked over on KFG: which costume are you looking at for your first? Lol (and yes, it’s always “first” emoji23.png).

Reach out if you need local VIC help/advice, else you’re in good company here.

Hi mate

Just bought a suit from Rubies that I'm really happy with.  Looks awesome!

Got some ideas for electronics that I reckon I'll need to ask the local lads about so I'll be on the local forum for that.  Most of my research is on here atm though.

23 minutes ago, Thordin said:

Hey

Hi mate

Just bought a suit from Rubies that I'm really happy with.  Looks awesome!

Got some ideas for electronics that I reckon I'll need to ask the local lads about so I'll be on the local forum for that.  Most of my research is on here atm though.

You've bought a Rubies suit of Stormtrooper armour? I thought you were looking at TM or RS?

I'd council against Rubies. They take a lot of work to get up to even a basic approval standard, and TBH they don't look great when standing with other troopers. It certainly won't pass L3 (Centurion) which I thought I read you are aiming for.

IMO go for the RS. Plenty of folks in the garrison have them. They offer a commission or kit options. Soft parts you can get cheaply from Kmart or Aldi. For boots, try Imperial Boots, and I've already shared my thoughts on the blaster in that thread.

For in helmet electronics, fans like life more tolerable. Voice and audio is a nice to have.

34 minutes ago, Thordin said:

Sorry mate couldn't resist.

Paid my deposit to Trooper Master last night.

I'm totally going for centurion.  Can't wait for my BBB.

All good, thought you mentioned Rubies a couple of posts up... 

18 minutes ago, tarok said:

All good, thought you mentioned Rubies a couple of posts up... 

I believe he was pulling our legs. :laugh1:

Edited by Firedog
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thordin said:

My bad guys.

As I said just couldn't resist.

Cheers for being good sports, giving great advice and for the warm welcome.

Too bad I’m in the States. You’re probably a blast to hang out with. 

8 minutes ago, carcharoth said:

He only registered a few days ago and is already trolling. He really did his homework ;D

:laugh1:

1 hour ago, masterx244 said:

Nice way to catch someone offguard. Fell for that prank, too while reading the thread.

When I first read it, I felt really bad for him and was hoping it wasn’t too late to cancel his order.

• Like 1