A place to put personal goods

Ive seen a few troopers with little black or white canvas lookin' pouches on their belts when trooping... Im assuming for carry ID, wallet, cellphone etc.

Is there some standard item that works best for carrying personal ID etc when trooping. Can anyone suggest an alternative (besides "dont carry it" :P ) and where to try and get such an item?

Thx -

When Im in armor I keep a lighter in my pack of smokes and i just drop the box behind my ab plate. Worked really well. My ID and bank card goes in the holster, in that little pocket Bernard has made into his holsters. You go Bernard!, that worked great at DragonCon by the way.

I always have a support crew when I troop...

But the holster Idea is a great one!

I had a TD tube, but I could not get to it and was always afraid of loosing it.

Just leave one end of your TD slightly lose. Get it so the end cap is hard to take off but will come off :)

I put all sorts in mine and pad it with foam to stop it rattling

Oops sorry, forgot to say......secure a chord on the inside of the TD end cap...if it falls off it just hangs there.

Mine's never fallen off though as I use PTF tape to get a snug fit then used superglue to secure it :)

I'd be afraid of loosing the TD as well. The drop boxes are a cool idea, but I think I like the idea of something being behind my chest plate.

We used to use these in the military - could work:

---

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Daetrin said:
I'd be afraid of loosing the TD as well. The drop boxes are a cool idea, but I think I like the idea of something being behind my chest plate.

We used to use these in the military - could work:

-----

Paul

I've got a very similar thing that I use, a leather neck wallet.You can get every thing you want

in there and it just sits under the chest :)

You can pick them up on the big auction site for $12-$15 and they're well worth the money :)

-------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

When Im in armor I keep a lighter in my pack of smokes and i just drop the box behind my ab plate. Worked really well. My ID and bank card goes in the holster, in that little pocket Bernard has made into his holsters. You go Bernard!, that worked great at DragonCon by the way.

Thanks Chris! :salute::trooper:

Here's what I did with the dropboxes:

-----------

I'm gonna make the TD to hold items as well.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

cranky said:

Here's what I did with the dropboxes:

---------

I'm gonna make the TD to hold items as well.

yup! alot of people do that one, it seams to work great too :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

that seems like a good idea but wouldn't you be worried that your drop down would like maybe for some unforeseen reason flip around one time and drop everything out of it? like maybe do the same thing there but only with a sort of solid backing and a flap at the top so it can be closed?

That's an easy fix. Just fasten some velcro where the elastics cross and another aleastic with velcro from the top to close it all up. On the other hand, I don't plan on doing jumoing jacks either :)

That's an easy fix. Just fasten some velcro where the elastics cross and another aleastic with velcro from the top to close it all up. On the other hand, I don't plan on doing jumoing jacks either :)

well yea but hey you never know

just don't go saying that around Vader or your superiors or they may make you do it

we all always have handlers and/or safe storage at events. no?

Not always. Maybe it's that my garrison is smaller, but spotters can be a luxury, not a default.